thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
BTW, nice video, but where's the yodelling. :lol:

Maybe she hadn't had her ovaltine. :hehe:

My Dear Krikit, Madonna is a huge fan of Horlicks. :bonk: She is probably the biggest Horlicker there is, the only Horlicker bigger than her is her husband; Guy Ritchie is really into Horlicks. He is renown the world over as the biggest Horlicker, everywhere he goes all anyone ever says is, "there goes the Horlicker." :innocent:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This thread is better than a late evening slow sippin' cognac.

Thanks every-one!

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Timeline

My Dear Krikit, Madonna is a huge fan of Horlicks. :bonk: She is probably the biggest Horlicker there is, the only Horlicker bigger than her is her husband; Guy Ritchie is really into Horlicks. He is renown the world over as the biggest Horlicker, everywhere he goes all anyone ever says is, "there goes the Horlicker." :innocent:

You are terrible. :lol:

Good morning everyone. It's Memorial Day and my husband is home. He has just come in and thinks I may be spending too much time on VJ. Actually, it was more along the lines of him sarcastically mentioning that VJ would probably shut down if I wasn't on here dispensing advice or giving someone heck. :lol: Going to make the coffee now. I had a nice lie in this morning since I didn't have to get up to wake the birds today. :hehe:

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good morning everyone. It's Memorial Day and my husband is home. He has just come in and thinks I may be spending too much time on VJ. Actually, it was more along the lines of him sarcastically mentioning that VJ would probably shut down if I wasn't on here dispensing advice or giving someone heck. :lol: Going to make the coffee now. I had a nice lie in this morning since I didn't have to get up to wake the birds today. :hehe:

You tell him he may be right and wag your finger at him when you say it :hehe:

Filed: Timeline

He was in here (the office/den/whatever) reading his paper and drinking his coffee, but he kept talking to me the whole time so I just gave him heck. The last straw was him asking "What advice or information are you giving them now?" I said "I don't know. I probably just wrote whatever you said." He's gone into the living room now. Guess I'll go make breffrus. I've been on here long enough, I hear. :lol:

iagree.gif

He was in here (the office/den/whatever) reading his paper and drinking his coffee, but he kept talking to me the whole time so I just gave him heck. The last straw was him asking "What advice or information are you giving them now?" I said "I don't know. I probably just wrote whatever you said." He's gone into the living room now. Guess I'll go make breffrus. I've been on here long enough, I hear. :lol:

Hee, hee.

Oh Krikit, tell him you are only addicted if and when you are doing other things, like awaaaayyyy from VJ and you think of things you want to bring up here or an answer to someone's question you read earlier.

Or maybe you want to say nothing.

I wouldn't know anything about such things. :ph34r:

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline
Ok, everyone gather around the campfire for a 'crossing the Canadian border' story!

What an a s s. :angry: I'm glad your sister said something.

I was going to use a slightly different argot to comment on this incident but this will do just fine, talk about a stupid orifice. :angry:

The advice about the AR-11 and I-865 is sound but sometimes if you phone you local office they will do it without the forms, it depends on who answers the phone and if they are willing to do it..

:whistle:

f you are not a U.S. citizen, changing your address for legal purposes does not change your address on any application or petition pending with USCIS and changing your address on a pending application or petition does not meet the legal requirements of informing USCIS of your change of address. You will need to do both. For most cases, you can now do both at the same time on our website using the Electronic Change of Address tool (available under "Related Links" on this page).

With the exception noted above, all non-U.S. citizens who move within the United States and its territories must submit a Form AR-11 within 10 days after completing the change of address. You can do that here on our website with the Electronic Change of Address tool. If you choose to use this online tool, you can complete an electronic Form AR-11 and notify USCIS to update your address on most pending cases.

]If you choose not to complete an electronic Form AR-11, you will be required to obtain a paper Form AR-11 and mail it to the address shown on the form. This will delay the process of notifying USCIS significantly. Not filing an electronic AR-11 and choosing to mail in a paper AR-11 will not update your address on any applications or petitions pending with USCIS.

Regardless of whether or not you are a U.S. citizen, if you choose not to use the electronic change of address notification, you will need to call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 to request that the address on your pending application/petition be changed. If you are not a U.S. citizen, you will also need to complete a paper Form AR-11.

If you are not a U.S. citizen and you have a case pending with USCIS, you will need to do both – call customer service and complete the paper AR-11. Completing an AR-11 does not update your address on any pending case. Also, notifying customer service does not meet the legal requirement of completing an AR-11.

If you mail a paper Form AR-11, we recommend using certified, registered or return receipt mail. This is not currently a requirement of USCIS, however it is advisable to send the AR-11 by a method that will give you documentation that you did mail the form to USCIS, in case there should ever be a question.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Oh shizen, I dove into OT (the other one; the thread on the pride parade).

Now my blood is boiling. Grrrrrr...

sigh

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

*BIG SIGH* Yeah, I just went and posted in OT...regarding the child who was voted out of his classroom. I suspect, as usual, I'll get flamed for expressing my opinion. Oh well.... :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline

Guilty as charged. :innocent:

Krikit, you're not addicted to VJ, you just prefer it to the nightmare of a life you have off-line. :lol: At least nobody asks you for your shopping cart here. :bonk:

Which finger did you have in mind? :innocent:

IR5

Timeline

"Just your credit card information dear." :lol:

Hee, hee.

Oh Krikit, tell him you are only addicted if and when you are doing other things, like awaaaayyyy from VJ and you think of things you want to bring up here or an answer to someone's question you read earlier.

Or maybe you want to say nothing.

I wouldn't know anything about such things. :ph34r:

Neither would I. :innocent:

IR5

Timeline
Oh shizen, I dove into OT (the other one; the thread on the pride parade).

Now my blood is boiling. Grrrrrr...

sigh

I'd post on OT but some idiot would post something like BDS or Mein Kampf or some other ####### and I'd just end up doing something stupid like ramming my fist through the monitor. :angry: Grasshopper, be in the game, not of the game. Now here, take a cookie. I promise, by the time you're done eating it, you'll feel right as rain. :innocent:

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

Timeline
*BIG SIGH* Yeah, I just went and posted in OT...regarding the child who was voted out of his classroom. I suspect, as usual, I'll get flamed for expressing my opinion. Oh well.... :)

Let them go to Hell!!!! :angry: You had to deal with the manifestation of hate in real life so what would they know about it, what even gives them a right to express an opinion? Just because they can turn on a computer and hunt and peck some mindless drivel, exactly how does that qualify them to comment on anything? Another vote in Florida turns out badly, why am I not surprised. Port St. Lucie is Klan country, 'nuff said. BTW, how are you holding up with all those Klan idiots in your neck of the woods?

IR5

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Let them go to Hell!!!! :angry: You had to deal with the manifestation of hate in real life so what would they know about it, what even gives them a right to express an opinion? Just because they can turn on a computer and hunt and peck some mindless drivel, exactly how does that qualify them to comment on anything? Another vote in Florida turns out badly, why am I not surprised. Port St. Lucie is Klan country, 'nuff said. BTW, how are you holding up with all those Klan idiots in your neck of the woods?

:) I'm holding my own. School ended for the students on Friday. My PAGE (Professional Assoc. of Georgia Educators) rep said they are aware of the situation and stand ready to do whatever is necessary. Took a load off my mind. How sad, though, that education has come to this: the necessity of possibly needing legal representation for doing one's job.

I'm about done with education methinks. Of course, I have until mid July to really make a decision. This year was one of THE most stressful in my 13 years. Can you say "another one bites the dust" ?

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.