thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I love your description of the old lady, hehehe!

I have noticed that I need to pay attention to the cash register when things are being rung up here a lot more than I did back home. I don't think it is an intent to scam, but a lot of times the price that is marked on the shelf isn't the price that is rung up on the register. A few times they have someone go and check the shelf, but a lot of times if I just point out that the price isn't the one advertised, they just change it which makes me wonder that maybe they do know that the prices don't always match. I haven't found one store to be worse about it than another - they all seem to be about the same.

I used to notice the advertised price and the price at the register were always off in Canada, but not so much here in FLA. Last month the Publix had their haddock on sale so I bought some. When the cash register rung it through it came up as the regular price so I questioned it. The cashier called her manager over and he went to check the price. He came back with the sale sign and said "Sorry, somebody left the sign up. This sale ended yesterday." Then he told the cashier to give it to me for free because that is their policy. :)

I got my greencard (2 yr) in the mail yesterday!

So does this seriously mean I have nothing USCIS related to do for just under 2 years now????

Yep! Weird, isn't it? All you have to do now is remember to file to lift your conditions in 2 years minus 3 months. Which might be a challenge for me because I can't even remember what I had intended to do when walking from one room to the next. :blink: Congratulations!

iagree.gif

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks a lot Krikit.

Now you've gone and done it; I have tears streaming down my face.

Mostly because you thought of me with that video, and also because of my inability to get organized and create videos like that.

Friends (from Vancouver) and I have talked and talked about it and who we'd like to get involved etc.

People like Michael Stipe, Bono, Leonardo DiCaprio, and others.

Yes, we think big. :blush:

I looked at the website: liveearth.org

Some really cool stuff.

I wonder how close we are getting to a critical mass.

Isn't the percentage 15% or is it 12%?

(awaiting Mumsie to come back with something...)

I loved the song and images.

They rattle my being.

What funny stories about your shopping experiences Trailmix and Krikit.

A mega huge congrats sweet Liz!

Two years and no paperwork, except if you move, ha.

:star:

Edited by SpiritAlight

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, everyone gather around the campfire for a 'crossing the Canadian border' story!

koa_campfire.jpg

So my Sister and co crossed the border at 1:00 on Friday morning, they had to wait in line around 45 minutes so my BIL moved to the passenger seat so he could have a nap.

The Border guy asks my Sister where they are going - Calgary - then he raises his voice "Is he asleep!" - she says yes, at this point my BIL wakes up because the guy is so loud, then the guys says "I need to have a look at him, he needs to be awake!". Fine. Then he says how many of you are there - they say the three of us and 2 dogs.

He then says, roll down that back window I need to see him (my nephew) - oh I should also mention it's windy and raining at this point as well. So she rolls my nephew's window down and the guy looks at him then starts to ask her something else, so she rolls up the back window.

The guy turns to my Nephew and yells - 'roll down that window and don't roll it up until I tell you to'!! Well my Sister gets mad at this point - so she tells him in a firm voice that her son hadn't rolled up the window, she had, as she thought he was finished with it and tells him not to yell at her!

The guy was so taken aback at her talking to him like that he just kind of stood there looking shocked.

Then he says, why are you going to Canada - she tells him, to paint their house. How long have you owned the house? Etc etc - he now knows all about their house.

Anyway, I think it's horrible that border persons are rude to people coming in to the country - any country - it's so totally uncalled for.

Best part is, in his 'flustered-ness' he never bothered to ask for their names or their passports.

smores.jpg
Edited by trailmix

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Ok, everyone gather around the campfire for a 'crossing the Canadian border' story!

koa_campfire.jpg

So my Sister and co crossed the border at 1:00 on Friday morning, they had to wait in line around 45 minutes so my BIL moved to the passenger seat so he could have a nap.

The Border guy asks my Sister where they are going - Calgary - then he raises his voice "Is he asleep!" - she says yes, at this point my BIL wakes up because the guy is so loud, then the guys says "I need to have a look at him, he needs to be awake!". Fine. Then he says how many of you are there - they say the three of us and 2 dogs.

He then says, roll down that back window I need to see him (my nephew) - oh I should also mention it's windy and raining at this point as well. So she rolls my nephew's window down and the guy looks at him then starts to ask her something else, so she rolls up the back window.

The guy turns to my Nephew and yells - 'roll down that window and don't roll it up until I tell you to'!! Well my Sister gets mad at this point - so she tells him in a firm voice that her son hadn't rolled up the window, she had, as she thought he was finished with it and tells him not to yell at her!

The guy was so taken aback at her talking to him like that he just kind of stood there looking shocked.

Then he says, why are you going to Canada - she tells him, to paint their house. How long have you owned the house? Etc etc - he now knows all about their house.

Anyway, I think it's horrible that border persons are rude to people coming in to the country - any country - it's so totally uncalled for.

Best part is, in his 'flustered-ness' he never bothered to ask for their names or their passports.

smores.jpg

Oh Trailmix, sometimes coming home is the worst experience with CBSA. What a jacka$$ to yell at a child. Thank you for the smore, it took some of the sting out of the story.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Going car shopping today, then on to an auction tonight....yay!

So Cassie what colour Corvette have you selected? :lol:

candy apple red, baby!!! :devil:

We ended up with a cobalt blue 2008 Ford Focus. Apparently Ford is having a big sale and we stumbled onto it today. :thumbs: It's a nice car -- we are pleased :)

Now to come up with a name for it!

The Blue Mule, what else? Now Cassie, remember in your new Focus you must always start every drive by playing Hocus Pocus by Focus for good luck; if you can't have 620hp on your side, you can always have providence. :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I seriously nearly peed myself laughing as I watched this, seriously. It has everything you could want: yodelling, the 70s mullet, the rock flute, and bug-eyed whistling. I am going to have to download that somewhere and play it when my husband is nowhere near, because he's still over in the corner in the fetal position crying "make it stop". :lol: :lol:

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

oh pooo... what happens if we move??

cuz we fore sure aren't going to be living here in 2 years!!!

i don't like this place THAT much!

Edited by liz_legend 'n Ol
vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Filed: Timeline

What an a s s. :angry: I'm glad your sister said something.

oh pooo... what happens if we move??

cuz we fore sure aren't going to be living here in 2 years!!!

i don't like this place THAT much!

It's easy peasy. You fill out the AR-11 and your husband fills out the I-865. You won't get a response but your husband will. At least that was my experience.

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

What an a s s. :angry: I'm glad your sister said something.

I was going to use a slightly different argot to comment on this incident but this will do just fine, talk about a stupid orifice. :angry:

The advice about the AR-11 and I-865 is sound but sometimes if you phone you local office they will do it without the forms, it depends on who answers the phone and if they are willing to do it..

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline
Thanks a lot Krikit.

Now you've gone and done it; I have tears streaming down my face.

Mostly because you thought of me with that video, and also because of my inability to get organized and create videos like that.

Friends (from Vancouver) and I have talked and talked about it and who we'd like to get involved etc.

People like Michael Stipe, Bono, Leonardo DiCaprio, and others.

Yes, we think big. :blush:

I looked at the website: liveearth.org

Some really cool stuff.

I wonder how close we are getting to a critical mass.

Isn't the percentage 15% or is it 12%?

(awaiting Mumsie to come back with something...)

I loved the song and images.

They rattle my being.

What funny stories about your shopping experiences Trailmix and Krikit.

Ditto. :lol: Congrats Liz! :dance:

Spirit, I agree with you, that was a great video. I had no idea that Madonna still had the pipes. I don't know about critical mass but I'm on a diet, if it helps. :lol: Seriously I don't know how much longer the current agrarian model can go on, rice blight and the sigatoka fungi (yellow and black) of bananas have me concerned and potato blight is making a comeback. :unsure:

IR5

Timeline
Wow. Wonder what kind of drugs you have to be on to come up with that stuff. Nice hair, too. :lol:

Ovaltine? :innocent:

IR5

Timeline
There was an old old lady (and I mean ancient) who was wearing one of those small tight teenie-bopper shirts that don't cover the belly button, and a pair of pink capri sweats with "Princess" written on the bum..... only the "Princess" part was closer to her ankles than her waist. There are times in life when you really do miss having a friend around to share these special moments with. It's just not the same laughing out loud all by yourself in a parking lot full of people looking at you as though YOU'RE the strange one. :lol:

OMG that was Len. :lol:

I have news for you Krikit... :lol:

IR5

Timeline
I had a really weird shopping trip at Publix the other day.....

As I was unloading my cart onto the conveyor belt there was a woman behind me asking if she could have my cart. I said "Sure" but then realized that I would need it to take my groceries out to the car so I said "Sorry, I'm going to need it to take my groceries out to the car." She continued to ask for the cart "because she really needed it right now." (With the emphasis on RIGHT NOW.) So I said "But where will I put my groceries?" She pointed to the cart section and told me to get another one. :blink: So I did. :blink::blink: More fool me.

Poor Krikit you're much too nice a person. You need to enrol in Mumsie's assertiveness training classes, a few weeks under my tutelage and you'll be so assertive that people will get you a shopping cart. Furniture may be upset, local law enforcement may become involved but someone will get you a shopping cart. :devil:

BTW, nice video, but where's the yodelling. :lol:

IR5

Just stopping by to write "Hello" to everybody because I have not visited in awhile.

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

thumb_thumb_Sheriff_Can_Pass2.jpg

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Timeline
Just stopping by to write "Hello" to everybody because I have not visited in awhile.

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

thumb_thumb_Sheriff_Can_Pass2.jpg

Sit down, take a load off. :thumbs:

IR5

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.