thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Going car shopping today, then on to an auction tonight....yay!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

So Cassie what colour Corvette have you selected? :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

candy apple red, baby!!! :devil:

We ended up with a cobalt blue 2008 Ford Focus. Apparently Ford is having a big sale and we stumbled onto it today. :thumbs: It's a nice car -- we are pleased :)

Now to come up with a name for it!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

We ended up with a cobalt blue 2008 Ford Focus. Apparently Ford is having a big sale and we stumbled onto it today. :thumbs: It's a nice car -- we are pleased :)

The Blue Mule, what else? Now Cassie, remember in your new Focus you must always start every drive by playing Hocus Pocus by Focus for good luck; if you can't have 620hp on your side, you can always have providence. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning everyone.

2424115155_13c2450251.jpg

2072623680_a34c44db14.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the coffee Charles, now where is the Bailey's lol.

Here it is

Yummy

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Seven weeks til we are flying home...can't wait to get some Tim's...I've had about all I can take of Maxwell House!

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Yes, thanks Charles!

Well my lamp I ordered the other day arrived, very pretty, but not right for this little apartment. When I bought it I had a house in mind and a dark wood table to put it on, not a table that looks like a plant stand :lol:

We had a big thunder/lightning/rain storm last night that was very cool, wind and tons of rain coming down, we sat on the patio and watched a lot of it, it was great :thumbs:

Mmmm...that sounds dreammmmyyy.

I love that kinda thing.

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

The Blue Mule, what else? Now Cassie, remember in your new Focus you must always start every drive by playing Hocus Pocus by Focus for good luck; if you can't have 620hp on your side, you can always have providence. :lol:

OMG Mumsie!

What a blast from the past.

I love it.

Especially the yodelling.

Hey Cassie, if you like to drive fast you can call it Blue Streak.

It is especially funny due to it is a Focus; opposite of streak.

Congrats on the new wheels.

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Morning Peeps!!

I am drinking my Timmy's in my Timmy's mug right now! :)

My mom and sister had a great time in New Orleans- they especially loved the daily trips to the drive thru daquiri shop and are currently going through withdrawls :)

I am having a great time in being back in Canada- I am loving the cooler, dry weather. I need to get on the phone to change my ticket- I want to stay a little longer.

My dog Polly has changed so much in the last year- I had to hold back my tears when I first saw her- her age is catching up to her. I won't get upset- I will just enjoy every second I have with her while it lasts. My sweet baby girl. I know she is happy I am home.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats Cass!! I have had 2 Focus's and have to say I really enjoyed them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good morning everyone!

Beautiful day here in Florida!

So we went shopping at Albertson's last night and it was good, they have flake bars and maple syrup and custard and all kinds of things we like and the people in the bakery are really friendly for some reason, maybe if you work in a bakery it makes you happy :)

Anyway, that was all good, we are going through the checkout and the guy in front of us forgot his cheques, so there was a fru fru about 'suspending' his order and him running home to get cheques and the guy was short tempered and a tad rude and the supervisor was getting flustered and - anyway.

So a cashier shows up and the supervisor tells her about the suspended order and she also gets a phone call while she is ringing our stuff through and another supervisor comes by to tell her about the suspended order again - and now the cashier is getting frustrated and mad.

So as she hurls our groceries down the little table thing, someone is bagging them in our Sobey's reusable bags we had brought in. I bought this bowl of watermelon pieces, I kind of look over at her as she tilts it to put it in the bag and watermelon juice runs all down the bag and some in to the bag (not just a few drops, like 1/2 a cup or more), so I say nothing and wait to see what she will do - she makes a face and then puts the bowl in the bag and goes to hand it to the cashier to put in the cart :o

I then say, 'what about all the watermelon juice that just ran all over that - you are going to have to take everything out of that bag and rebag all the fruit etc'.

So long story short, my Husband didn't hear that part and while ms watermelon spiller is away getting bags he puts the stuff in a bag, we pay and leave.

I kind of felt sorry for the fruit thrower and the fruit juice spiller, so I thanked them before we left :lol: What's funnier is that when we were talking about it later in the car, my Husband said he almost apologized lol - as in, sorry this happened - to try to make them feel better.

Anyway, they played some Jann Arden while we were shopping, which was nice :thumbs:

watermelon.jpg

Filed: Timeline

OMG Mumsie!

What a blast from the past.

I love it.

Especially the yodelling.

Wow. Wonder what kind of drugs you have to be on to come up with that stuff. Nice hair, too. :lol:

I saw this and thought of you, Spirit:

Good morning everyone!

Beautiful day here in Florida!

So we went shopping at Albertson's last night and

The people in our Albertsons Deli and Bakery are really happy too. But don't trust the cashiers. They've tried to rip me off twice in the last couple of weeks because they're lazy. I mean, seriously.... do I look like the type of person who wouldn't notice that you just charged me $7.50 for a couple of green peppers and $7 for a $3 watermelon? WTH?

I had a really weird shopping trip at Publix the other day.....

As I was unloading my cart onto the conveyor belt there was a woman behind me asking if she could have my cart. I said "Sure" but then realized that I would need it to take my groceries out to the car so I said "Sorry, I'm going to need it to take my groceries out to the car." She continued to ask for the cart "because she really needed it right now." (With the emphasis on RIGHT NOW.) So I said "But where will I put my groceries?" She pointed to the cart section and told me to get another one. :blink: So I did. :blink::blink: More fool me.

There was an old old lady (and I mean ancient) who was wearing one of those small tight teenie-bopper shirts that don't cover the belly button, and a pair of pink capri sweats with "Princess" written on the bum..... only the "Princess" part was closer to her ankles than her waist. There are times in life when you really do miss having a friend around to share these special moments with. It's just not the same laughing out loud all by yourself in a parking lot full of people looking at you as though YOU'RE the strange one. :lol:

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I love your description of the old lady, hehehe!

I have noticed that I need to pay attention to the cash register when things are being rung up here a lot more than I did back home. I don't think it is an intent to scam, but a lot of times the price that is marked on the shelf isn't the price that is rung up on the register. A few times they have someone go and check the shelf, but a lot of times if I just point out that the price isn't the one advertised, they just change it which makes me wonder that maybe they do know that the prices don't always match. I haven't found one store to be worse about it than another - they all seem to be about the same.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.