thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Good morning, Carla. Thanks for the coffee. :)

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day here in sunny Florida. Lots to do today. But first I need to read VJ and finish my coffee. :lol:

That reminds me of when we came back from visiting my family for Christmas two years ago. I had two large tins of Tim Horton's coffee in my luggage when it went through the scanner. Without missing a beat the guy looks up at me and says "Tim Horton's coffee, right?". I smiled, said yes, he smiled and said 'It happens a lot". Hehehhe.

That's hilarious. :lol:

Dang it, we need a Canadian store down here somewhere. We're flying home this summer (YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!) and we're taking an empty suitcase just so we can bring some goodies back with us, especially Tim's. I know there are Cdn websites where one can buy all these goodies and have them shipped...I just think it would be the thrill of actually going *into* the store to buy all these lovely goodies.

Seven weeks til we fly out...and we've got a direct flight from Atlanta to Halifax! :D

Shopping's the best part! And that's so exciting that you're getting to visit! Yay! :dance:

iagree.gif

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

yay carla canadian coffee! :dance: g'morning everyone.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good morning everyone!

So my Sister, her Husband and Son and their 2 border collies are heading out of Nebraska today and driving to Calgary. They are selling their house and they want to drive up and paint, put in a bit of new flooring etc etc, so they can get a better price for it. They have their air mattresses and sleeping bags and are all set!

They plan to spend about a month up there doing renovations. Taking about 2 days for the drive, staying in Rapid City, S.D. and Great Falls, MT. She likes that drive about as much as I do, so I feel for her.

That reminds me of when we came back from visiting my family for Christmas two years ago. I had two large tins of Tim Horton's coffee in my luggage when it went through the scanner. Without missing a beat the guy looks up at me and says "Tim Horton's coffee, right?". I smiled, said yes, he smiled and said 'It happens a lot". Hehehhe.

This would be a good coffee commercial for Tims! :thumbs:

My green card went into production yesterday!!!!!

OMG!!

A huge congrats Sweet Liz!

(now please sprinkle some faerie dust around and dance for mine to be comin' up soon)

:star:

Edited by SpiritAlight

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

:lol: IR5

Welcome back to the Sunshine State krikit!!

Just sitting here in the cave, yes sometimes this place looks like a cave, the apartment has no windows in the living area, just the patio doors and since it is overcast today, it's pretty dark in here, however the glow of the computer monitors lights it up enough to move around :hehe: (krikit did mention it was cave like when she reviewed the potential rental accomodations - and of course, she was right - if you ever need someone to thoroughly inspect potential accomodation - ask krikit!).

This whole warm weather thing is funny, often I walk out the door, or open the car door and i'm surprised when it's warm/hot. Yesterday when we got out of the car at penneys, it was a hot/sunny time and with the concrete parking area it felt like 105 degrees.

Mmmmmm....oh I already miss that solid heat.

I would love it if all of my clothes fit into a duffle bag...unlike when you live in places with seasons you need a forklift to carry it all.

Back in Chicago (burbs) and trying to make sense of things.

*sigh*

FairyDust_985029_FC.jpg

:D

WOw that is so beautiful...and quick!

Thanks a zillion.

I have not even had a touch since they transfered it to Cali.

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Over & out, Spirit

I hadn't had an AOS touch in I think about a month (maybe more) and was giving up hope myself when it came!

And to get it with no interview!!

I'm 100% sure you're going to get the same msg in your email out of the blue!! =)

Ya, as you see in my sig, apr 4th was my last aos touch!

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

I hadn't had an AOS touch in I think about a month (maybe more) and was giving up hope myself when it came!

And to get it with no interview!!

I'm 100% sure you're going to get the same msg in your email out of the blue!! =)

Ya, as you see in my sig, apr 4th was my last aos touch!

I am truly happy for you Liz.

And honestly I am no great hurry, what with AP and EAD in hand.

How are things at home with your sweetie?

Have they settled?

(if you care to talk about it)

:star:

Over & out, Spirit

things are pretty good on my US and Canada home front..

I think the week's visit to Canada did good for us all..

Gave Oliver and I a break =) I think sometime's couples need it so you don't strangle each other in our sleep ;)

and it totally was overdue for a visit to my Mom and Dad.

I got my mom to join a local women's gym (kinda like curves) and we went together for my last two days of my visit

and she genuinely seems to like it now!

She went on her own yesterday for the first time...

and wedding plans are coming along pretty well..

I had a great interview yesterday and have a 2 hr orientation/observation day with the place tomorrow btwn 5 and 7 pm.

Hopefully they make me an offer after that =)

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Really though, I'm still kinda holding my breath for this job DerekKJ are trying to help me get into....

It would be so amazing!

but who knows, maybe it'll come somewhere down the road and that would be awesome too!

thanks guys. you really are my sanity sometimes..... =)

and shopping :innocent:

OH, AND I SENT OLIVER'S APPLICATION FOR ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A FIFTH GRADER YESTERDAY =)

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Really though, I'm still kinda holding my breath for this job DerekKJ are trying to help me get into....

It would be so amazing!

but who knows, maybe it'll come somewhere down the road and that would be awesome too!

thanks guys. you really are my sanity sometimes..... =)

and shopping :innocent:

OH, AND I SENT OLIVER'S APPLICATION FOR ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A FIFTH GRADER YESTERDAY =)

:lol:

What job is DerekKJ trying to help you with? :unsure:

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.