thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning carla, i see you have the coffee ready :luv:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol: IR5

Welcome back to the Sunshine State krikit!!

Just sitting here in the cave, yes sometimes this place looks like a cave, the apartment has no windows in the living area, just the patio doors and since it is overcast today, it's pretty dark in here, however the glow of the computer monitors lights it up enough to move around :hehe: (krikit did mention it was cave like when she reviewed the potential rental accomodations - and of course, she was right - if you ever need someone to thoroughly inspect potential accomodation - ask krikit!).

This whole warm weather thing is funny, often I walk out the door, or open the car door and i'm surprised when it's warm/hot. Yesterday when we got out of the car at penneys, it was a hot/sunny time and with the concrete parking area it felt like 105 degrees.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Good morning! Coffee's ready!

coffee.jpg

Happy Birthday Marilyn! Here is some tea and cake for you this morning!

tea_cake_300x193.jpg

awww thanks.. (F)

Good morning, Canada Forum. I'm back in sunny Florida again. Got home late last night/early this morning. It was cloudy and 10c/50f with a cold wind when I left wintery Ontario. Since I am not a 10c kind of person, you can imagine how happy I was to get home and get out of my woollies.

hey krikit can you bring me back some cheese whiz and mr big bars..??? pretty please with a cherry on top... lol

Happy belated birthday, Marilyn! If you send me your address I will send you a happy birthday jar of Cheez Whiz. Unfortunately, I cannot send you a Mr Big bar because I did not bring any of those back with me. Please put in your order a little bit sooner next time. :hehe:

You guys should see the stuff I brought back with me. I literally had almost 50 lbs worth of items that we can't get here. But I can't believe I forgot to bring my rye bread and Alphagettis, dammit! :bonk: Though I did remember the malt bread. In fact, I will be toasting some later.... as soon as I wake up. Takes me a couple of hours to get hungry when I first wake up.

actually you wishes are not belated.. my Birthday is today .. :thumbs: I would have put my order in sooner but I didn't even know you were going to Canada :P:lol:

how could you forget Alphagettis ??? :lol: are you serious about the cheese whiz? :lol: I don't want to take from your stash :lol:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline

Just sitting here in the cave, yes sometimes this place looks like a cave, the apartment has no windows in the living area, just the patio doors and since it is overcast today, it's pretty dark in here, however the glow of the computer monitors lights it up enough to move around :hehe: (krikit did mention it was cave like when she reviewed the potential rental accomodations - and of course, she was right - if you ever need someone to thoroughly inspect potential accomodation - ask krikit!).

This whole warm weather thing is funny, often I walk out the door, or open the car door and i'm surprised when it's warm/hot. Yesterday when we got out of the car at penneys, it was a hot/sunny time and with the concrete parking area it felt like 105 degrees.

Thanks! Yes, I know what you mean. I'm still surprised when it's hot. :lol: Oh, and if you go to JC Penney's again I have a 15% coupon I can send to you. Or anyone, really. :lol: Just ask.

actually you wishes are not belated.. my Birthday is today .. :thumbs: I would have put my order in sooner but I didn't even know you were going to Canada :P:lol:

how could you forget Alphagettis ??? :lol: are you serious about the cheese whiz? :lol: I don't want to take from your stash :lol:

Oh! Well happy birthday today then! :lol:

I know.... I am kicking myself about the Alphagettis! :lol: And, yes, I'm serious about the cheez whiz. Just send me your address and I'll wrap it up in bubbles. I guess they allow that, don't they? Sending jars of cheez whiz through the mail, I mean? :unsure:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Thanks! Yes, I know what you mean. I'm still surprised when it's hot. :lol: Oh, and if you go to JC Penney's again I have a 15% coupon I can send to you. Or anyone, really. :lol: Just ask.

Oh! Well happy birthday today then! :lol:

I know.... I am kicking myself about the Alphagettis! :lol: And, yes, I'm serious about the cheez whiz. Just send me your address and I'll wrap it up in bubbles. I guess they allow that, don't they? Sending jars of cheez whiz through the mail, I mean? :unsure:

I think so.....

one of my favourite meals is alphagettis and a toasted bagel with cheese whiz.. yum yum

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

last time I flew I brought back on of those tins of heinz ketchup.. lol.. I packed it in my suitcase.. and we went to a small airport where they check through everyone's bags.. I wished I could have seen their face when they saw the tin of ketchup :lol:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline
last time I flew I brought back on of those tins of heinz ketchup.. lol.. I packed it in my suitcase.. and we went to a small airport where they check through everyone's bags.. I wished I could have seen their face when they saw the tin of ketchup :lol:

I had brought my laptop bag with me (you know.... the rolling carry-on bag kind), along with two bags of checked luggage. :o Inside the laptop bag I had stuffed bags of Uncle Ben's Natural Select rice which you can't get here. I knew as soon as it went through the scanner at Security that I'd get dinged so I was prepared. The guy tells me he's going to go through it then yells over to his buddy at the scanner for all and sundry to hear.... "It's rice, Gene." :lol: I didn't care. If they moved away from home they'd do it too. Oh. And my checked bag full of goodies was searched also. Whateva. Do what you gotta do. Just don't mess with my groceries. :lol:

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had brought my laptop bag with me (you know.... the rolling carry-on bag kind), along with two bags of checked luggage. :o Inside the laptop bag I had stuffed bags of Uncle Ben's Natural Select rice which you can't get here. I knew as soon as it went through the scanner at Security that I'd get dinged so I was prepared. The guy tells me he's going to go through it then yells over to his buddy at the scanner for all and sundry to hear.... "It's rice, Gene." :lol: I didn't care. If they moved away from home they'd do it too. Oh. And my checked bag full of goodies was searched also. Whateva. Do what you gotta do. Just don't mess with my groceries. :lol:

ROFLMAO that is too funny. I can't wait to go back and bring things across. I will be taking an empty suitcase, and if hubby is with me he will be taking an empty suitcase too lol.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That reminds me of when we came back from visiting my family for Christmas two years ago. I had two large tins of Tim Horton's coffee in my luggage when it went through the scanner. Without missing a beat the guy looks up at me and says "Tim Horton's coffee, right?". I smiled, said yes, he smiled and said 'It happens a lot". Hehehhe.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Dang it, we need a Canadian store down here somewhere. We're flying home this summer (YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!) and we're taking an empty suitcase just so we can bring some goodies back with us, especially Tim's. I know there are Cdn websites where one can buy all these goodies and have them shipped...I just think it would be the thrill of actually going *into* the store to buy all these lovely goodies.

Seven weeks til we fly out...and we've got a direct flight from Atlanta to Halifax! :D

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Dang it, we need a Canadian store down here somewhere. We're flying home this summer (YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!) and we're taking an empty suitcase just so we can bring some goodies back with us, especially Tim's. I know there are Cdn websites where one can buy all these goodies and have them shipped...I just think it would be the thrill of actually going *into* the store to buy all these lovely goodies.

Seven weeks til we fly out...and we've got a direct flight from Atlanta to Halifax! :D

Make sure you keep room for at least one bag of Dad's Goodie Ring Cookies - they go oh so well with Timmys.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Good morning! Mmmmmmmmmm *sniff* smell the coffee?

cupoftea.jpg

Karen, I'm thrilled you're going to be able to travel to Canada soon! You must be so excited!

Hope everyone has a glorious day!

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.