thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:lol: I was thinking about that after I posted... I wasn't sure if spirit was a he or a she :blush: sorry spirit

well i got 50% on that, i knew she was a she until you confused me, but i thought she was telling me something there :blink:

no, didn't you read everything in that post? ...lol she was clearly talking about the people who go to the stalls to change :P

musta been one of them days eh? :P

happy friday everyone, here be the coffee!

274197870_cb420603a2.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the coffee Charles and good morning to everyone.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

That coffee looks delicious charles...thank you! Good morning everyone. Going to finish spiffing up the house today for company this weekend. Supposed to be sunny this weekend....finally...and no rain!! Enjoy your weekend!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
That coffee looks delicious charles...thank you! Good morning everyone. Going to finish spiffing up the house today for company this weekend. Supposed to be sunny this weekend....finally...and no rain!! Enjoy your weekend!

Thanks for the coffee Charles. I hope you have a fun weekend Carla!

Just sitting out on the patio this morning. IR5, there was no apple to be seen - to my knowledge :hehe:

Timeline

So I was thinking this morning about the non-bbq place we got food from last night. You know when you go to a restaurant and have food that is incredibly mediocre and you think hey, I could open up a place next door and sell GOOD food.

This place was busy busy, well at least 3/4 full and I can't understand why.

Edited by trailmix

So I was thinking this morning about the non-bbq place we got food from last night. You know when you go to a restaurant and have food that is incredibly mediocre and you think hey, I could open up a place next door and sell GOOD food.

can I get a cup of tea? I don't do coffee...... blech... :P

Of course Marilyn...here you go! I think Laura is a morning tea drinker as well. You can share this pot.

07.jpg

trailmix, I've always wondered about the same thing. I have pondered this, and the only explanation I can come up with is that a) it's a regional thing...what some people call BBQ, and their specific taste, is unique to that area, hence, if you're not from that area, you can't really appreciate it. or B) one person goes to the restaurant, someone sees that it's open, and goes as well...subequently as others drive by, they go in as well. No one knows how crappy it really is! Now, as time goes by...people go by, see all the cars and think...hmmm, look at all the cars! That must be a good place to eat! And....so....on.... :lol:

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline
aww thanks for the tea...

maybe you just ordered the wrong thing, trailmix...

I agree Carla, it probably is that, wow it's busy, must be a good thing!

Well I would think so too Marilyn, except it was just a bbq pork bun - the menu said 'our speciality' - :lol: Then again you may be right, this particular thing may be for the non-bbq purist, they did have another pork sandwich 'smothered in bbq sauce'. To my thinking smoked/bbq meat should be good alone, the bbq sauce is just icing on the cake.

Here is another thing - so I order the bbq pork bun and fries, Husband orders the bbq beef dinner platter.

My dinner was $ 3.99 for the sandwich and 99 cents for fries. Husband's dinner platter was $ 11.99. All he got that I didn't get was a little more meat and 2 pieces of inedible garlic bread (no bun). Oh and one of those little plastic things of beans and coleslaw.

What we didn't realize until we were sitting there waiting is that the 'dinner platter' is really an 'eat in' thing as it is all you can eat .

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Timeline

I've noticed that, too. We've eaten at places that are ####### and they are always packed. My husband says it's partly to do with the poor unsuspecting tourists keeping their businesses going, and partly to do with the fact that all the seniors eat out and can't tell the difference between good food and #######. :whistle:

trailmix, I've always wondered about the same thing. I have pondered this, and the only explanation I can come up with is that a) it's a regional thing...what some people call BBQ, and their specific taste, is unique to that area, hence, if you're not from that area, you can't really appreciate it. or B) one person goes to the restaurant, someone sees that it's open, and goes as well...subequently as others drive by, they go in as well. No one knows how crappy it really is! Now, as time goes by...people go by, see all the cars and think...hmmm, look at all the cars! That must be a good place to eat! And....so....on.... :lol:

I absolutely agree with you, Carla. :thumbs:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

g'morning everyone. for the coffee lovers:

small_cup_of_coffee.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just read about Trailmix' BBQ experiences yesterday - one thing I have definitely found here in the South is that BBQ means something totally different than it does back home. I think it could indeed be part of the regional differences that you experienced - here the sauce is everything; the meat seems to be secondary.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Just read about Trailmix' BBQ experiences yesterday - one thing I have definitely found here in the South is that BBQ means something totally different than it does back home. I think it could indeed be part of the regional differences that you experienced - here the sauce is everything; the meat seems to be secondary.

Joel says the same thing...to him, grilling out is the same as BBQ-ing. Here in the South, BBQ is as regional as the area that it's prepared in. BBQ is so different...county by county. Yeah, the sauce IS the main thing...the meat is definately secondary. Everyone has their own opinion (and quite often are very vocal about it :) ) about what BBQ is best.

Here is a link to some BBQ places here in Georgia, some of which have been around for quite a while. http://www.georgia.org/Travel/BBQ.htm

Zeb Deans BBQ is what I grew up on...and I've had lots of different kinds from all over Georgia. IMHO this is the best :D Zeb Dean started his place probably 50 years ago...still going strong...and the recipe for his BBQ sauce is a secret: only family and trusted workers know it.

Zeb's Place

5742 Hwy 29

Danielsville, GA

Zeb's Place neat Danielsville lays claim to some of the best Brunswick Stew in the state. The staff is is always ready to serve you with a side of southern hospitality, and the restaurant's founder, Zeb Dean, is thought of by many as North Georgia's barbeque guru.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.