thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the coffee Charles, really do need it this morning.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

I see we are getting our coffee to go this morning. Thanks Charles. I'll have a toasted everything bagel with herb & garlic cream cheese too, please. :hehe:

@Kathryn..... that was funny about Joe and his caller. You almost feel sorry for the guy. Almost. I would have finally told him she's dead. Actually, after my first husband passed away I kept getting phonecalls from telemarketers asking for him. After being polite for the first few months, I finally had a meltdown and screamed at them that he was dead and started bawling. They never called back after that. :lol:

@Carla..... wow. Seven hours on the stand. That's heavy duty. I was cross-examined once (as a witness) for what seemed like four hours..... but was really only about an hour. It was especially charming when the prosection started making false accusations against me as if I was the criminal. The judge finally lost his patience with her and told her to smarten up. I think she'd been watching too many TV crime dramas. :lol:

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

A bagel sounds good right about now!

I feel like I should go out today or something, since I haven't left le apartment for like 4 days.

I'm just on hold with RBC Canada at the moment, I was looking at my statement online last week and there is an $8 service charge, I tried emailing them and after 3 attempts with no answers I decided to call.

Long story short, I just hung up from speaking to a very very helpful guy, he is giving us the $8 back and I changed accounts so that we don't pay a dollar for every transaction!

Oh and Centura mortgage woman never emailed me back, so I called customer service yesterday and they contacted the local branch manager and she finally called me back yesterday.

Ok here is the story. I talked to her on the phone, she asked me to send her an email so she would have my email address, did that.

So a week or so later I have a question and I email her to confirm I have the correct address, she emails back, yes correct address. I email some questions, she replies with more questions.

I email her back the answers, like a week ago, never hear from her, I email her again, no response, so I call customer service, she hears from the bank manger, she calls me.

She says she never received my email ?? She answers my questions on the phone, all good. Oh and could I send her another email to make sure she is getting them.

Today she calls again, had I called? No - but someone had left her a message to say she hadn't returned my calls - lol

Anyway, while on the phone we solved the email mystery. My display name for email is 'trailmix'. Because she didn't recognize the name she says she would have deleted the email - it might have a virus in it :o

Despite the fact that I put our names in the subject line for reference. Whateva, anyway ramblin ramblin ramblinnnnnn

A bagel sounds good right about now!

I feel like I should go out today or something, since I haven't left le apartment for like 4 days.

I'm just on hold with RBC Canada at the moment, I was looking at my statement online last week and there is an $8 service charge, I tried emailing them and after 3 attempts with no answers I decided to call.

Long story short, I just hung up from speaking to a very very helpful guy, he is giving us the $8 back and I changed accounts so that we don't pay a dollar for every transaction!

Oh and Centura mortgage woman never emailed me back, so I called customer service yesterday and they contacted the local branch manager and she finally called me back yesterday.

Ok here is the story. I talked to her on the phone, she asked me to send her an email so she would have my email address, did that.

So a week or so later I have a question and I email her to confirm I have the correct address, she emails back, yes correct address. I email some questions, she replies with more questions.

I email her back the answers, like a week ago, never hear from her, I email her again, no response, so I call customer service, she hears from the bank manger, she calls me.

She says she never received my email ?? She answers my questions on the phone, all good. Oh and could I send her another email to make sure she is getting them.

Today she calls again, had I called? No - but someone had left her a message to say she hadn't returned my calls - lol

Anyway, while on the phone we solved the email mystery. My display name for email is 'trailmix'. Because she didn't recognize the name she says she would have deleted the email - it might have a virus in it :o

Despite the fact that I put our names in the subject line for reference. Whateva, anyway ramblin ramblin ramblinnnnnn

Wow trailmix, seems like the Gods of Banking are out to get yah sister. First lovely Marco and now this cr@p. ARGHHHH, must be quite exasperating. Have a coffee and relax. ;)

Timeline

Here is the short version for those of you who can't be bothered reading all that:

Speak to mortgage person ---> email mortgage person ---> email mortgage person to confirm address ---> mtg person emails me ---> email questions to her ---> she emails questions to me ---> I reply ---> I email again ---> I call customer service ---> she calls me, answers my questions, asks me to email her as well ---> I email her ---> she calls me today asks me to email her ---> I email her, with her on the phone ---> she says she would have deleted my emails as the display name is trailmix

Or, if you prefer graphs:

graph2.jpg

graph3.jpg

Here is the short version for those of you who can't be bothered reading all that:

Speak to mortgage person ---> email mortgage person ---> email mortgage person to confirm address ---> mtg person emails me ---> email questions to her ---> she emails questions to me ---> I reply ---> I email again ---> I call customer service ---> she calls me, answers my questions, asks me to email her as well ---> I email her ---> she calls me today asks me to email her ---> I email her, with her on the phone ---> she says she would have deleted my emails as the display name is trailmix

Or, if you prefer graphs:

graph2.jpg

graph3.jpg

Girl, you need to come out for a glass of wine with me. :lol:

That's actually funny because I laughed at this daily Dilbert today. It reminded me of the budget meetings I would have with the corporate CFO. He would come up with imaginary numbers and tell me that's all I needed. Luckily, he always backed down after a good argument. Good times. :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline
@Carla..... wow. Seven hours on the stand. That's heavy duty. I was cross-examined once (as a witness) for what seemed like four hours..... but was really only about an hour. It was especially charming when the prosection started making false accusations against me as if I was the criminal. The judge finally lost his patience with her and told her to smarten up. I think she'd been watching too many TV crime dramas. :lol:

:lol: That Dilbert is funny, I love the 'I work in a fabric covered box' comment.

So what did you witness you little criminal krikit?

:lol: That Dilbert is funny, I love the 'I work in a fabric covered box' comment.

Yeah, I laughed at the fabric covered box comment too. :lol:

So what did you witness you little criminal krikit?

:lol:

It was a domestic..... a father and daughter. Both of them were wrong and both of them were right. A no-win situation. Very sad. :(

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I like charts and graphs. Well, except scatterplots. I hate those.

Anyway... my wife and I were playing F.E.A.R. in multiplayer the other night and since she's rarely played games online (the exceptions being Neverwinter Nights and Guild Wars, both of which are RPGs), I think I may have been unnecessarily cruel towards her. You see, I've been online since about 1991 and been involved in First-Person Shooters since Wolfenstein 3D or as far as multiplayer goes, DOOM and Duke Nukem 3D. Yes, in the early 1990s, game developers were obsessed with adding "3D" to the end of their titles.

So we're playing against each other -- something my wife already dislikes as she vastly prefers cooperative play -- and I kicked her butt. I wouldn't have been so hard on her, but the last time we played against each other (which was on my PS2 in Mortal Kombat: Annihilation), she figured out I was letting her win. She naturally became irate and told me to "play for real." So I did and once again, kicked her butt. She was then annoyed at me. :wacko:

While playing F.E.A.R. (and First-Person Shooters in general) I switch from being my general "nice guy fun-loving self" (I can imagine Len choking on whatever she's drinking right after she reads that...) into... well... let's just say it's not pretty. First thing I did was lay down proximity mines on staircases and then stuck triggered explosives to the walls nearby. I then hopped up onto a ledge outside the building and hidden by a tree's foliage.

As my wife comes looking for me, she triggers my trap. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. After my wife's extra-crispy body stopped writhing and she respawned, she made the dangerous mistake of passing by sights in which I got off a perfect headshot. By the end of the next few rounds, she was becoming less and less amused. I wasn't quite sure why. I think she takes dying too personally. In games like those, you need to expect to die a few thousand times. It doesn't mean anything.

Oh well. :innocent:

Timeline
the only court room i've been in is traffic court for my dad's speeding tickets =)

but I make up with all the L&O I watch =)

Alas, I am young and innocent and don't know the first thing about court rooms. :innocent::lol:

I thought every episode of L&O had Jack McCoy saying, "as long as your client allocutes to it," or "how dare you Arthur!" :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline
the only court room i've been in is traffic court for my dad's speeding tickets =)

Woohooo for L&O!!! And now that we have such a hottie DA instead of Jac MacKoy (or however you spell that); it's even better!!!!!

Linus Roache or Alana De la Garza? :lol: Linus Roache is the son of our Kenneth. William Roache is his father, who everyone knows is Ken Barlow from Coronation Street. Sometimes Linus has a bit of trouble hiding his accent, but he's OK. :thumbs:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Woohooo for L&O!!! And now that we have such a hottie DA instead of Jac MacKoy (or however you spell that); it's even better!!!!!

Linus Roache or Alana De la Garza? :lol: Linus Roache is the son of our Kenneth. William Roache is his father, who everyone knows is Ken Barlow from Coronation Street. Sometimes Linus has a bit of trouble hiding his accent, but he's OK. :thumbs:

DUDE.... he is more thank OK. He is sooooooooooooooo OK that Bren has actually threatened not to let me watch L&O anymore :( Jealous, a bit????

Alana is gorgeous, although they did fukc up by cutting her hair -- right now it looks like #######. I liked her better in CSI Miami.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.