thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
hey, we know we're your favourites...

Haha. I too add a U to everything.

I remember when one poster on here said it was one of her pet peeves.

My pet peeve is people who's pet peeve is people who add a U when a U should be used.

Amen! (or is it Aumeun????) :rofl:

Ewe've got me, I have no idea, what ewe are talking aboot. :innocent:

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
Who is this 7k kitty you speak of!? What a cute kitty!!

That is my daughter's kitty. Named Cat. And sometimes Moggy. (British slang for cat... for those who don't know.) Here is the story. I believe you were on the road, Trailmix. The vet bill began at 4k and ended at 7k. Love is very expensive, as we can all attest to. :hehe:

Mumsie, they're not sure about being able to save the paw as yet. It ran into a secondary infection..... hence the added cost. But it seems to be doing well. *touch wood*

What was I thinking? I am in New Orleans. I should also include coffee and beignets from Cafe Du Monde.

coffeeandbjm9.jpg

coffeeandbjm9.ef2da8a73b.jpg

Mmmmmm. I love Cafe du Monde coffee and beignets.

iagree.gif

Oh and I don't know if you regularly call the other Motherland or not, but they have virtual numbers available for the UK as well for

$ 4.99 a month :)

I took a look and it's included in the $24.99/month unlimited calling plan! Whooo Hoooooo!! :dance: When I sign up (after I get back from Canada) I'll put you down as a reference, Trailmix. Apparently you'll get 2 free months of service for that. :)

Now all I have to decide is whether I want the modem or the USB key. Decisions decisions.

Oh wait. Hmmm. You know what I just remembered? I already have a Cisco IP modem. I wonder if I can get away with using that? Unless it has to be configured to a Vonage setup. I used to use it for my home office in my last job and I believe it's still setup for them. :unsure:

iagree.gif

Well, so far vonage is A-OK - one thing though, we keep getting someone calling us - they have the wrong number, he has called 6 times at least - including this morning at 7:32, 7:33 and 8:04 - then someone else called at 8:06 - it was like grand central around here.

Now the caller(s) last night, I believe it was the same guy like 5 times, he was Chinese, and regardless of how slowly he spoke in Chinese, I still could not understand him - on one call it was a person from Pakistan, who could speak a little english. The calls this morning are all from Pakistan and all from the same guy. He was even speaking on one voice mail saying, blah blah blah, wrong number :lol:

Last night the caller said something about Pakistan and Canada, I assume he was calling Canada from Pakistan. I kind of yelled at him because I figured since he couldn't understand what I was saying at least he could understand my tone.

Some of the calls sound like a crossed line.

Well that's flipping annoying. Probably as annoying as the collection agency calls I keep getting for Enrique. And Raoul. And Down to Earth. Though I think Raoul and Down to Earth are one and the same. REAAAAAAAALLLLLLLY annoying. :angry:

iagree.gif

Timeline
THere's a person named "Down to Earth"??!#

:lol: Probably married to "Sky High." :wacko:

IR5

my mom used to get tons of collection calls when they bought their new house..

so what I did was if it was a recording, wait for the option to talk to a rep.. usually, it says to call a number or press 0 or something

then you get an operator and you tell them that NO ONE BY THAT NAME LIVES HERE!!$#$^ STOP F-ING CALLING ME, I JUST GOT THIS NUMBER SO STOP PISSING ME OFF

and after about 2 more calls like that, they all stopped =)

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Timeline

so what I did was if it was a recording, wait for the option to talk to a rep.. usually, it says to call a number or press 0 or something

then you get an operator and you tell them that NO ONE BY THAT NAME LIVES HERE!!$#$^ STOP F-ING CALLING ME, I JUST GOT THIS NUMBER SO STOP PISSING ME OFF

Kudos to your Mom. :thumbs: I used to get calls for someone who has the same last name as me and the same first initial but is female. One day I got pizzed and told the moron on the phone, "Look, the person you're looking for is a women and I've got a d*ck and two ballz, not quit bothering me or I'm reporting you to Bell Canada!" That did the trick. There's something to be said for being impolite. It wouldn't do to make a habit of it but sometimes that's all people understand. :bonk:

IR5

Yeah. I keep doing that. The problem is that the delinquent accounts get sold off to other collection agencies when the current collection agency is unsuccessful at collecting the funds. So a new round of calls begins again every quarter (or so) and you have to go through it all again. :angry:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Yeah. I keep doing that. The problem is that the delinquent accounts get sold off to other collection agencies when the current collection agency is unsuccessful at collecting the funds. So a new round of calls begins again every quarter (or so) and you have to go through it all again. :angry:

True, but first the file will pass through every agent in the agency. Sometimes you luck out and the agent is reasonable but a more likely scenario sees either the file being passed off to another agent or getting sold. If you are especially unlucky (i.e. your name is Mumsie) you will get every other collection agency or government program linking your address or phone number to the file of the debtor. :crying:

IR5

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

g'morning canada peeps.

1296806074_b9188442c8.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We were being harassed by collections agencies for unpaid student loans by the woman who previously owned our phone number. When I listed it on the Do Not Call registry the calls stopped. If I get a call that is in violation of the registry, I report them to the Do Not Call registry. Then they stop.

Here is the link: https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

It is supposed to be for telemarketers but it seemed to work for the collection agencies as well.

My husband, before I met him, was getting bothered by this one man who kept calling asking for this woman. No matter how often Joe said he didn't know this woman, she wasn't there, and this guy had a wrong number, the caller didn't believe him and kept leaving messages for her, like 'Get home, now", etc. with Joe. Finally, after several months of this, Joe told the man that she had indeed been there earlier, that they had had wild passionate sex then she had told Joe she had had enough of her husband, that this was a goodbye visit because she was packing her suitcase and flying off to France with this romantic new man that she had met at a bar! The caller immediately began asking questions about this man - and Joe answered with whatever came into his head. The guy then thanked Joe profusely and hung up.

The next day Joe got an angry call back from this man saying his wife said she had no idea who Joe was, that she hadn't gone to France, that she was just shopping with her mother, and what the H** was Joe trying to do, break up their marriage? Joe responded that he had been telling him all along he didn't know his wife and that the guy was calling a wrong number but since he never believed him Joe figured he wanted to hear a different answer - so gave him one. Joe said that since he didn't know the man's wife he had no idea if it were true or not, but remarked that the guy seemed pleased to get that information instead of the truth so was happy to oblige!" The guy swore at Joe and hung up - but he never called again.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol: - good one Joe.

Oh poor kitty krikit! I think I did read that at some point. Well i'm glad the kitty is doing better :)

So the Chinese people haven't called back, I guess my Chinese is better than I thought it was (not) - but Mr. Pakistan did call once this morning at 7:20, didn't leave a message. Have to wonder what he is thinking, or not thinking, if you call a number 8-9 times and either get this woman yelling at you or voice mail of someone you don't know, why would you keep calling back?

If I could speak his language I would ask him.

Good morning friends! Thanks for the coffee this morning charles. I'm enjoying my time and the weather here in Saskatoon. Haven't had any time to do anything but eat good food...had a wonderful order of poutine last night! Kidding aside, the reason for my coming up here was I had to testify yesterday and I was on the stand for 7 straight hours...it was horribly tiring and tedious. I'm done, I hope. Leave here Saturday at 6 am so will be ready and brewing up some good stuff on Monday morning for everyone! Hope everyone is wonderful and approvals and "touching" is plentiful! Enjoy your day and week!

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.