thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, magicjack has been taken off as Vonage arrived today.

Going to give it a try, so far so good, the connection is 100 percent better than it was with magicjack.

Also, nifty feature, for $ 4.99 a month we have signed up for a 'virtual' Calgary number, so basically I have a second number that is local to Calgary and when anyone calls it, it automatically forwards it here, so my Mom etc can call me for free.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
We drove by your house, Trailmix! Did you see me waving?!

Has everyone been behaving themselves?

Glad you had an enjoyable experience. :thumbs: Trailmix probably didn't see you waving, you should have scrawled a greeting on a rock and thrown it through the window. :lol:

Everyone has been on their best behaviour, even me. ;)

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Timeline

Going to give it a try, so far so good, the connection is 100 percent better than it was with magicjack.

Also, nifty feature, for $ 4.99 a month we have signed up for a 'virtual' Calgary number, so basically I have a second number that is local to Calgary and when anyone calls it, it automatically forwards it here, so my Mom etc can call me for free.

That IS nifty. Can you please tell me how Vonage works down here? (process, hookup, etc) Is it going through your ISP?

iagree.gif

Timeline
IR5, where is the cat and who is that guy!?

I thought I'd share a self-portrait, my sister talked the nice men in white to let me have some paints and a bit of canvas, now if they'd only give me back my chainsaw. :lol:

I miss the kitty. :crying:

Nice pics BTW. :thumbs:

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

Timeline
Ditto trailmix --- what's with the straight jacket bro? I thought you were allowed outside without it since the last time you were, well, interned.... :unsure:And who the FFF is the dude using the cat avatar :protest:

You're right Sis (boy, it's been a long time since I said that :lol: ). Usurper, I saw kitty first. I will build a monument to his insolence with that miscreant's rotting corpse, where's my sword? :angry:

IR5

Ditto trailmix --- what's with the straight jacket bro? I thought you were allowed outside without it since the last time you were, well, interned.... :unsure:And who the FFF is the dude using the cat avatar :protest:

You're right Sis (boy, it's been a long time since I said that :lol: ). Usurper, I saw kitty first. I will build a monument to his insolence with that miscreant's rotting corpse, where's my sword? :angry:

Always little padawan, always....

Timeline

I am old and weak, have mercy upon me. :devil::devil::devil::devil:

IR5

Timeline
That IS nifty. Can you please tell me how Vonage works down here? (process, hookup, etc) Is it going through your ISP?

I can and I will :thumbs:

Yes, it's going through your ISP, it is connected to your cable modem (as opposed to magic jack that is connected to a usb port on your computer - so when your computer is off your phone is off and everything goes to voice mail).

So as long as your internet is up, with vonage, your phone is working, no need to have your actual computer on.

Basically it is just an extra step between your internet modem and your computer and/or router.

Oh and I don't know if you regularly call the other Motherland or not, but they have virtual numbers available for the UK as well for

$ 4.99 a month :)

Timeline

I can and I will :thumbs:

Yes, it's going through your ISP, it is connected to your cable modem (as opposed to magic jack that is connected to a usb port on your computer - so when your computer is off your phone is off and everything goes to voice mail).

So as long as your internet is up, with vonage, your phone is working, no need to have your actual computer on.

Basically it is just an extra step between your internet modem and your computer and/or router.

Oh and I don't know if you regularly call the other Motherland or not, but they have virtual numbers available for the UK as well for

$ 4.99 a month :)

I (L) Vonage... my parents have a deal with their phone company anyways where they pay a certain amount a month and they can call long distance and the US at no extra charge... but I like the freedom to pick up the phone and call home whenever I want without worrying about long distance charges.....

I also like that they offer all the extra features, like voice messaging, call forwarding etc at no extra charge..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

yoda.jpg

Timeline

yoda.jpg

From a Jedi, never! :devil:

IR5

yoda.jpg

whatever you say then....

vader.jpg

Timeline

yoda.jpg

whatever you say then....

vader.jpg

You'd better believe it, can you imagine what I'd look like in black. :lol:

bg9.jpg

IR5

Timeline

I love Vonage. Chris has had it for 2 years now, and its saved us an a$$ load of money on long distance. He lived in AK and HI, which does not have local #'s there. So he got a Seattle # and Edmonton #. So it was a local call for me and his family. Favorite feature by far - call forwarding. You can set his Edmonton # to ring his cell phone, so I can call his cell when he's out just like its a local call. Cannot say enough good things about Vonage. Ok . . . . so I gushed a little. :blush:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.