thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Nice coffee Charles. Good morning everyone. Beautiful day here in Central Florida, 25 degrees and sunny.

So we have been here almost 2 weeks now! Which is cool. Basically we have looked at quite a few stores and eaten some different food :thumbs:

I still feel like a total stranger here, which isn't surprising really.

Edited by trailmix

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just read about Kezzie - and like Zyggy said - I feel like I have been hit by a ten-ton truck! She was only 46 years old and it just seems so unfair for her to have found happiness and then just be gone like that. I always felt she was one of the pillars of this community - and I feel shaken and sad. Poor Jon. I am so glad that she got her 10 year card before she passed and while she was still aware enough to know. Goodbye, Kezzie - and Thank you. We will miss you.

This is how Joel and I feel too...the shock of it has...well, I can't describe it. Kezzie encouraged me at the beginning of our journey and for that I was grateful and remain so. I too am glad she was able to get her 10 yr card.

Kinda puts life in perspective in a whole new way. At least it has for me...in ways y'all will never know.

Think I'll go hold my husband AND our daughter tight.

I cried so much yesterday when I read that post and all day I walked around just sad. Sadness. She was so nice to me.

Life is so precious...I wish her family so much strength right now....I wish I could just hold Nick.

I can't stop thinking about it.

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was pretty shaken for most of yesterday after I heard about Kezzie as well. I am managing better today. It was the unexpected shock of it. I am glad that Kezzie had time to prepare, though. I know I would want that too. I was also pleased to hear how accommodating and helpful the immigration people were in both countries. As frustrated as we get with the process, it was reassuring to hear that they could bend over backwards when it really counts for that once in a lifetime need to have your family with you when you die. Still, it is very sad.

Today is overcast and we are expecting rain. It has been in the 70s all day - not getting warmer or colder - a nice, reflective, quiet kind of day. We finally were able to get the lawn mown and the terrace garden roto-tilled this morning so I can plant the tomatoes and peppers and cucumbers and cantaloupe and squash plants this week. It has started to spit rain now and the main line of thunderstorms is expected to start going through in about an hour. Right now, I am enjoying watching the birds at the feeders - the indigo buntings are back and I am thrilled by their incredible 'blueness'.

There is this little - probably about 5 or 6 pound - fully grown tiny cat, very fluffy, a calico, who has been hanging around here lately. She sort of comes and goes but lately has been here almost non-stop for the last 3 days. She comes and meows at our back door or sits there and looks at our open windows and meows if I or one of the cats looks out at her. She is very affectionate - doing the paws kneading whenever I talk to her or go outside - but it took me quite some time before she let me pet her and she wants nothing to do with being picked up. I have no idea if she has her own home or not. She doesn't look hungry but she does eat at dry food if I give it to her - she seems to want affection and being petted more . She drinks from the bird bath. Joe is adamant about no more cats - 5 are more than enough (hehehe, yes, if I were on my own, I would probably take her to the vet, make sure she is healthy and let her in) but I worry that she may have been abandoned. When I have got up in the middle of the night the last two nights she is still there, watching our bedroom window - and meows when she sees me! There are lots of families that move away here - some of the rentals have high turnovers - and I have no way of knowing if she has a home or not. It has been on my mind, as you can tell. I wish I knew if I need to start trying to find her a home or not. I think she would be a great pet for someone- she has the sweetest personality and face and I just know she is starved for affection! Anyone want a cat - she is still quite young, I think - and so very tiny and Persian type fluffy. I would take her if I thought I could get away with it:-). Joel? Karen? I have a great little cat for you if you are interested! I could lend you one of the cat carriers too:-).

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
There is this little - probably about 5 or 6 pound - fully grown tiny cat, very fluffy, a calico, who has been hanging around here lately. She sort of comes and goes but lately has been here almost non-stop for the last 3 days. She comes and meows at our back door or sits there and looks at our open windows and meows if I or one of the cats looks out at her. She is very affectionate - doing the paws kneading whenever I talk to her or go outside - but it took me quite some time before she let me pet her and she wants nothing to do with being picked up. I have no idea if she has her own home or not. She doesn't look hungry but she does eat at dry food if I give it to her - she seems to want affection and being petted more . She drinks from the bird bath. Joe is adamant about no more cats - 5 are more than enough (hehehe, yes, if I were on my own, I would probably take her to the vet, make sure she is healthy and let her in) but I worry that she may have been abandoned. When I have got up in the middle of the night the last two nights she is still there, watching our bedroom window - and meows when she sees me! There are lots of families that move away here - some of the rentals have high turnovers - and I have no way of knowing if she has a home or not. It has been on my mind, as you can tell. I wish I knew if I need to start trying to find her a home or not. I think she would be a great pet for someone- she has the sweetest personality and face and I just know she is starved for affection! Anyone want a cat - she is still quite young, I think - and so very tiny and Persian type fluffy. I would take her if I thought I could get away with it:-). Joel? Karen? I have a great little cat for you if you are interested! I could lend you one of the cat carriers too:-).

I'd take that cat in a minute, you can never have enough, but I'm not in your neck of the woods unfortunately. :crying:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline
Morning peepz. I'm not up to much - and quite pissed at Canada Revenue (see my post in The Vent).

Week promises to be good. Sun is out and I have REAL Columbian coffee sent to me by Camycar from the Latin America forum!!! :dance: :dance:

I have oodles of coffee from Columbia! Too bad my connection is no longer there,lol As well coffee from Nicaragua. Both are great!! Of course I put soo much cream in, doesn't really matter,lol But was sooo much cheaper there than here, even with mailing. Think I was paying like $1 or $2 per lb for the Nicaragua coffee.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Timeline
Morning peepz. I'm not up to much - and quite pissed at Canada Revenue (see my post in The Vent).

Week promises to be good. Sun is out and I have REAL Columbian coffee sent to me by Camycar from the Latin America forum!!! :dance: :dance:

I have oodles of coffee from Columbia! Too bad my connection is no longer there,lol As well coffee from Nicaragua. Both are great!! Of course I put soo much cream in, doesn't really matter,lol But was sooo much cheaper there than here, even with mailing. Think I was paying like $1 or $2 per lb for the Nicaragua coffee.

Dude, that's super cheap. This one is actually my all time favourite Colombian coffee: SELLO ROJO. And Camycar brought it to the US just for yours truly :luv:

i also put way too much cream'n'sugah in my java flames, so there ;)

Always a double double, OR, if circumstances are exigent, a triple triple ;)

Timeline

I have 3 or 4 types. some are already ground, some are not. And I have a bunch of single packets that were in the hotel room,lol But they are still good!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

I have 3 or 4 types. some are already ground, some are not. And I have a bunch of single packets that were in the hotel room,lol But they are still good!

:crying::crying::crying::crying:

although come think about it... ground beans do not really last that long my friend, so there :P

#######????????????? someone has Mumsie's avatar: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=1812503

I can't believe it. My bro has been a victim of VJ ID theft :crying:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Week promises to be good. Sun is out and I have REAL Columbian coffee sent to me by Camycar from the Latin America forum!!! :dance::dance:

Dude, that's super cheap. This one is actually my all time favourite Colombian coffee: SELLO ROJO. And Camycar brought it to the US just for yours truly :luv:

i also put way too much cream'n'sugah in my java flames, so there ;)

Always a double double, OR, if circumstances are exigent, a triple triple ;)

Ah, that was so nice of Camycar! I enjoy Columbian and Nicaraquan coffee as well although I don't know if having the Seattle Mountain Columbian coffee beans counts as good Columbian coffee or not:-). Still, not only do I add lots of cream and sweetner, we often have it spiced with cardamon and cloves that we grind up in with the beans. Yum!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Ah, that was so nice of Camycar! I enjoy Columbian and Nicaraquan coffee as well although I don't know if having the Seattle Mountain Columbian coffee beans counts as good Columbian coffee or not:-). Still, not only do I add lots of cream and sweetner, we often have it spiced with cardamon and cloves that we grind up in with the beans. Yum!

I know- the folks in the Latin America forum are the nicest ones (next to you folks, of course). I sometimes spice my coffee with a cinnamon stick -- very, very Mexican thing to do!!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

:crying::crying::crying::crying:

although come think about it... ground beans do not really last that long my friend, so there :P

#######????????????? someone has Mumsie's avatar: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=1812503

I can't believe it. My bro has been a victim of VJ ID theft :crying:

Gadzooks! It's OK though, they taught me how to deal with this in the Girl Guides, I mean Boy Scouts. Yes, that's what I mean. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.