thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Morning all. I just read about Kezzie passing away this morning and feel like #######. :cry:

Life people is too darn short to live in anger.

To stand in judgment of others.

To be sharp with tongue and pen.

Death is certain for all of us.

Life is -so my dad says- like a sandwich. Beginning and end are certain --- what matters is what we put in the middle. (F)

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

posted this is Off Topic but I figured I would post it here too....

My hubby got the job!!! :dance: :dance: YAY HIM!!!

He went in today to fill out the forms and stuff and he officially starts working there on May 12th.

For those of you who might not know he applied for a job at a pretty big air conditioning company... He is going to be an assistant maintenance technician or something like that... he was hoping for that.. he thought his first air conditioning job would be installing them...

and they are going to start him off at about the same hourly rate that he is making at his current job :thumbs:

The fact that he is going to the school he is going to payed a pretty big part in him getting the job... The guy who interviewed him went to the same school...

Another good thing is that they are supplying him with work uniforms...

They also offer medical benefits and 401K etc.. and he gets 2 weeks vacation.... took him about 2 years at his current job to get 2 weeks...

Morning all. I just read about Kezzie passing away this morning and feel like #######. :cry:

Life people is too darn short to live in anger.

To stand in judgment of others.

To be sharp with tongue and pen.

Death is certain for all of us.

Life is -so my dad says- like a sandwich. Beginning and end are certain --- what matters is what we put in the middle. (F)

yeah I started bawling when I read that this morning :crying:

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Congrats Marilyn on hubby's new job! That's good news for both of you I'm sure. :thumbs: Thanks for the best wishes Leafgal and trailmix...love the video trailmix!

I hurriedly saw Mags posting about Kezzie as well...I will post something. I didn't know about her tumour. Her "goodbye" letter was very touching. I'm so glad she found such happiness in the last few years of her life with Jon.

carlahmsb4.gif

Congrats Marilyn on hubby's new job! That's good news for both of you I'm sure. :thumbs: Thanks for the best wishes Leafgal and trailmix...love the video trailmix!

I hurriedly saw Mags posting about Kezzie as well...I will post something. I didn't know about her tumour. Her "goodbye" letter was very touching. I'm so glad she found such happiness in the last few years of her life with Jon.

Ditto Carla. And also that he had the loving thought of sending us crazy VJers a goodbye. :cry:

Timeline

I've read all the posts on the passing of Kezzie as well as her last post. I didn't know Kezzie and I never read any of her posts, save for the last one, so my feelings maybe not have the same gravitas as the rest of you who knew her so well. Each of us has a finite time on this planet. Our only meaningful capital is the years, days and hours of our existence. That Kezzie chose to invest her most precious resource in a group of stangers on the internet knowing that she could realize no gain in a worldy sense, especially near the end of her time with us bears stark yet glowing testimony to her character and her humanity. Kezzie, I wish I'd have known you, but I'm already missing you. (L) We can all take solace in the knowledge that you've gone to a better place, without pain, without sorry, without worry and where the internet is always fast.

Finally, I would be remiss in any eulogy of Kezzie without recognizing her loving husband Jon who through his tears thought to post his wife's last wishes to the people here. May God Bless and Shower His Infinite Mercy Upon him and their children! (L)

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

Trailmix, I love Burton Cummings. :thumbs:

Congrats to your DH Marilyn, sounds like he got a great job! :dance:

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

I've read all the posts on the passing of Kezzie as well as her last post. I didn't know Kezzie and I never read any of her posts, save for the last one, so my feelings maybe not have the same gravitas as the rest of you who knew her so well. Each of us has a finite time on this planet. Our only meaningful capital is the years, days and hours of our existence. That Kezzie chose to invest her most precious resource in a group of stangers on the internet knowing that she could realize no gain in a worldy sense, especially near the end of her time with us bears stark yet glowing testimony to her character and her humanity. Kezzie, I wish I'd have known you, but I'm already missing you. (L) We can all take solace in the knowledge that you've gone to a better place, without pain, without sorry, without worry and where the internet is always fast.

Finally, I would be remiss in any eulogy of Kezzie without recognizing her loving husband Jon who through his tears thought to post his wife's last wishes to the people here. May God Bless and Shower His Infinite Mercy Upon him and their children! (L)

#######. You have a heart, dude. :cry: Keep it up and I'll let you use the family name :cry:

Timeline

yeah he is pretty psyched about it.... being on the job is the best way to learn....

i just get the impression that this company cares more about their employees then his current company :thumbs:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

yeah he is pretty psyched about it.... being on the job is the best way to learn....

i just get the impression that this company cares more about their employees then his current company :thumbs:

Working for someone who looks at you like a human being instead of a number is always a plus. good for him!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just read about Kezzie - and like Zyggy said - I feel like I have been hit by a ten-ton truck! She was only 46 years old and it just seems so unfair for her to have found happiness and then just be gone like that. I always felt she was one of the pillars of this community - and I feel shaken and sad. Poor Jon. I am so glad that she got her 10 year card before she passed and while she was still aware enough to know. Goodbye, Kezzie - and Thank you. We will miss you.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We actually went to see them at the Saddledome when they did that cross Canada tour - we were in like row 10 on the floor, it was a really really good concert :thumbs:

I remember when the concert was over, the guy in the row in front of us was yelling 'sing running back to Saskatooooon'. Then mumbled something like, they didn't even play running back to Saskatoon - he was rather upset.

Timeline

We actually went to see them at the Saddledome when they did that cross Canada tour - we were in like row 10 on the floor, it was a really really good concert :thumbs:

I remember when the concert was over, the guy in the row in front of us was yelling 'sing running back to Saskatooooon'. Then mumbled something like, they didn't even play running back to Saskatoon - he was rather upset.

I thought your were going to say that he wanted to hear Magic Bus. :lol:

IR5

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
I just read about Kezzie - and like Zyggy said - I feel like I have been hit by a ten-ton truck! She was only 46 years old and it just seems so unfair for her to have found happiness and then just be gone like that. I always felt she was one of the pillars of this community - and I feel shaken and sad. Poor Jon. I am so glad that she got her 10 year card before she passed and while she was still aware enough to know. Goodbye, Kezzie - and Thank you. We will miss you.

This is how Joel and I feel too...the shock of it has...well, I can't describe it. Kezzie encouraged me at the beginning of our journey and for that I was grateful and remain so. I too am glad she was able to get her 10 yr card.

Kinda puts life in perspective in a whole new way. At least it has for me...in ways y'all will never know.

Think I'll go hold my husband AND our daughter tight.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.