thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

wow, crisis averted all because of my OCD

About 2-3 days ago, I made a payment of $600 on our credit card (we just charged our honeymoon to it)..

Most of the time, it gets posted on the website in a day.

So I've been stalking the page and nothing...

So today, I pulled out the last statement just to take a look and noticed that the Account # on the bill was different from the one listed on my Bank's Bill Payments Page...

Suddenly I remember that Oliver had lost his credit card about 2 months ago!!! and we never changed the info in our ebilling page!!

Then I do more checking.. that's weird. I made a payment 2 weeks ago and that got posted.

Decide to call Customer Service for our credit card.

THe $600 got posted to our old account!!

holy #######!

After being on hold for about 10 mins, the agent made her way back and managed to move the money over to our actual credit card!

PHEW!

that was scary

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I have that same picture of the St Louis Arch, only from the opposite direction! :lol:

Oh my GOD. Can you imagine?! What the hell is on the floor behind it? Did it flatten the Raggedy family or somethin'? :lol:

:lol:

So for all of you folks that have driven through South Dakota, did you stop in at Wall drugs??

Oh and George is here, he got here around 10:05, he has just gone off to get a filter for the air conditioner - it doesn't have one currently. Oh and it was frozen....why? well because no filter and no cleaning = radiator completely frozen.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
So for all of you folks that have driven through South Dakota, did you stop in at Wall drugs??

Nope. Been through South Dakota by bus (it wasn't too bad, one time the guy next to me was a murderer) and by auto. Saw all the signs (Sturgis, Mount Rushmore, etc.) and I kept thinking, "it must be Hell to have a breakdown out here." Let us never speak of South Dakota again. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

Nope. Been through South Dakota by bus (it wasn't too bad, one time the guy next to me was a murderer) and by auto. Saw all the signs (Sturgis, Mount Rushmore, etc.) and I kept thinking, "it must be Hell to have a breakdown out here." Let us never speak of South Dakota again. :lol:

You mean this? :lol:

RelocubeandNebraska005.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Was that the prison bus?

iagree.gif

Timeline

Was that the prison bus?

:lol:

Timeline
wow, crisis averted all because of my OCD

About 2-3 days ago, I made a payment of $600 on our credit card (we just charged our honeymoon to it)..

Most of the time, it gets posted on the website in a day.

So I've been stalking the page and nothing...

So today, I pulled out the last statement just to take a look and noticed that the Account # on the bill was different from the one listed on my Bank's Bill Payments Page...

Suddenly I remember that Oliver had lost his credit card about 2 months ago!!! and we never changed the info in our ebilling page!!

Then I do more checking.. that's weird. I made a payment 2 weeks ago and that got posted.

Decide to call Customer Service for our credit card.

THe $600 got posted to our old account!!

holy #######!

After being on hold for about 10 mins, the agent made her way back and managed to move the money over to our actual credit card!

PHEW!

that was scary

The one thing I really hate about the American banking system is the lack of regulation that allows this to go on. In Canada because banks have to be chartered to operate, they bend over backwards to prevent this kind of thing. If you've ever cancelled a credit card then you know how vigilant the banks are. In the US the onus is always on the customer. It might have been a nightmare but you averted disaster. I'll bet you'll check next month's payment a little more closely to make sure the right account gets credited.

IR5

Timeline
The one thing I really hate about the American banking system is the lack of regulation that allows this to go on. In Canada because banks have to be chartered to operate, they bend over backwards to prevent this kind of thing. If you've ever cancelled a credit card then you know how vigilant the banks are. In the US the onus is always on the customer. It might have been a nightmare but you averted disaster. I'll bet you'll check next month's payment a little more closely to make sure the right account gets credited.

Yeah U.S. banks are weird!

First of all Mike needed a pin number for his card, in Canada we would just swipe it at the counter - here, they are mailing it to him. I signed up for online banking - all good, then, of course I want to pay bills online - so they are mailing me an activation code.

hmmmmmm

Timeline

Was that the prison bus?

:lol: No it was Greyhound, although I bet the prison bus would have been more comfortable. :lol: He was nice guy from Red Lake Reservation (Chippewa/Ojibwa) served time at USP Florence and was on his way home. Poor Ashinabe got murder two when it should have been involuntary manslaughter at most. :crying: Since the incident happened on a reservation it was under federal jurisdiction. Upon release the the United States Prison system gives a bus ticket home to the individuals who are released. On another occasion met a nice guy outside of El Paso (they just let him out of La Tuna) who had shared a jail cell with Andrew Boyce (The Falcon from The Falcon and the Snowman) and was in the cell next to Dr. Jeffrey MacDonald. This guy was in prison for trying to traffic a million dollars worth of cocaine. You meet the most interesting people on the bus (usually students, military and people who can't afford to or just won't fly.) :lol:

IR5

Timeline

We have a phone :)

So I ordered this phone, unlimited calling in the U.S. and to Canada for $20 a year (first year with shipping etc actually works out to around 50 some dollars)

Magic Jack

Timeline

let us know how that magic jack works. I saw a few people in the OT have had and like it

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.