thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
dcjobs.com

Cool. I've now bookmarked floridajobs.com. Thanks. :)

woooo hooo

I get married (again) in 4 months TODAY

Okay, that totally messed with my head. I did a refresh because I'd been sitting on the page for so long because I was busy doing other stuff. The above message popped up and I thought "What the... ? Have I gone back in time?" :unsure:

iagree.gif

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Glad I'm not on drugs. :blink:

lol

Well, we are off to kmart to return the vacuum we bought yesterday.

When we got here one of the first things I did was turn on the washing machine, I half filled it and left it as I wanted to clean it before using it, so I wander away and come back - to a flooded floor. Use lots o paper towel, clean that up, Mike fixes the connection - ok.

After cleaning, I put in some wash, no problem. Go to dry them, no heat in the dryer, long story short, replacement dryer is installed yesterday evening. So wash is getting done!

Umm, now the airconditioning isn't working.

This is not a vent, just a statement on the state of machinery here :hehe:

When we got here one of the first things I did was turn on the washing machine, I half filled it and left it as I wanted to clean it before using it, so I wander away and come back - to a flooded floor. Use lots o paper towel, clean that up, Mike fixes the connection - ok.

After cleaning, I put in some wash, no problem. Go to dry them, no heat in the dryer, long story short, replacement dryer is installed yesterday evening. So wash is getting done!

Umm, now the airconditioning isn't working.

This is not a vent, just a statement on the state of machinery here :hehe:

Yeah, that disclaimer's in there just so you didn't have to post this in the Vent thread. :lol:

Tell broken-apartment-guy to give you some free rent time! :protest: (And a roll of paper towels.)

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I call this one "Friend of krikit" :hehe:

April23rd08001.jpg

So would that be FOK as an acronym? :innocent:

3d_face_stick_tongue__a_ha.gif

Yea Gods, what is it?

I got my first call from a recruiter today

for an Admin job

BRAVO!!!!

I don't think he liked me.

Rest assured Trailmix, we like you. :thumbs::lol:

I got my first call from a recruiter today

for an Admin job

Goodie sweetie!!!!

Have you thought about the Universities and colleges in your area? I say because working in higher ed usually means bad salary BUT great benefits; specially if it is a public institution. Check on that one!!!!

Yes, if it's one place we all belong, it's in an institution. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I haven't finished them yet!!!!!

THe envelopes are still with the calligraphy guy getting addressed!

And I'm still tying ribbons on the invitations themselves!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blah, blah, blah.... I feel unloved :cry:

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L) Feel better. Jeez, the things I do for my Sister. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Oooh good luck on the admin job!

I really want to quit my job in teaching and go work for a humanitarian organization. Apparently I never want to make money....

And, btw, I'm FREAKING OUT b/c Patrick's interview is Friday and we got a letter from the consulate last week saying our petition had expired and were we still interested in continuing with the visa process....####### is that about?

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

I call this one "Friend of krikit" :hehe:

April23rd08001.jpg

:lol:

And, btw, I'm FREAKING OUT b/c Patrick's interview is Friday and we got a letter from the consulate last week saying our petition had expired and were we still interested in continuing with the visa process....####### is that about?

WHAT?! They're supposed to automatically extend active cases. :ranting: It says so in their freaking policies and procedures. For freak's sake. Freaking untrained freaking people. freak

iagree.gif

I haven't finished them yet!!!!!

THe envelopes are still with the calligraphy guy getting addressed!

And I'm still tying ribbons on the invitations themselves!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blah, blah, blah.... I feel unloved :cry:

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L) Feel better. Jeez, the things I do for my Sister. :lol:

You just want to be invited to my gourmet soirees "boy".... :rofl:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol:

Well I emailed apartment guy an hour ago re lack of airconditioning, haven't heard back. << again, statement of fact vs vent.

Exchanged the vacuum.

Anyway, I have been patient so far re apartment stuff, but I feel I may be getting angry soon :hehe:

Edited by trailmix

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.