thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
:lol: Crickey! you don't need any excuses, your day sounds like an old Enjoli commercial. :lol::lol:

Those look like nice Gerberas :thumbs: and the price sounds right but were they cut flowers or whole plants?

BTW, don't let our favourite barista hear about your acquisition of java from a large chain of coffee dispensing establishments, she'd be less than enthused. :lol:

Ohmygosh, I am SO Enjoli! :lol: I had totally forgotten about that commercial so I had to google it. The Gerberas were cut flowers. I remember paying $2.99 for a single stem in Canada (when they weren't on sale). At Albertsons I got four of them for the same price! I think that's awesome. :) And, yes, I don't think Len's going to be too pleased about my coffee. But there's nowhere else that sells coffee here. :(

Also in the Dominican- pay attention to how many "car washes" you see. As most people mostly ride scooters, there seem to be a lot of car washes.

They are brothels :)

:o Go oooooon! Wow. The things you learn when asking innocent questions. lol

Thank you MissStacey good to know not to wander too far.

And your right Crikey the things you learn, too funny, I will be sure to keep that info to myself till before we all leave since 3 single guys and you never know what they will do ha ha ha.

You can always have fun by smiling sweetly while you ask if anyone would like to go to the carwash today, and then blink innocently when they look at you funny. :lol:

iagree.gif

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Folks here is our Crickey! :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline
:lol: Crickey! you don't need any excuses, your day sounds like an old Enjoli commercial. :lol::lol:

Those look like nice Gerberas :thumbs: and the price sounds right but were they cut flowers or whole plants?

BTW, don't let our favourite barista hear about your acquisition of java from a large chain of coffee dispensing establishments, she'd be less than enthused. :lol:

Ohmygosh, I am SO Enjoli! :lol: I had totally forgotten about that commercial so I had to google it. The Gerberas were cut flowers. I remember paying $2.99 for a single stem in Canada (when they weren't on sale). At Albertsons I got four of them for the same price! I think that's awesome. :) And, yes, I don't think Len's going to be too pleased about my coffee. But there's nowhere else that sells coffee here. :(

Also in the Dominican- pay attention to how many "car washes" you see. As most people mostly ride scooters, there seem to be a lot of car washes.

And your right Crikey the things you learn, too funny, I will be sure to keep that info to myself till before we all leave since 3 single guys and you never know what they will do ha ha ha.

You can always have fun by smiling sweetly while you ask if anyone would like to go to the carwash today, and then blink innocently when they look at you funny. :lol:

I wonder if there are any car washes in the Dominican Republic, just to wash off all the road salt they use. :bonk:

Crickey! I like cut flowers but I prefer the living plant itself. A large, fragrant jasmine that is blooming in the house is an instant air freshener and makes even a microwave dinner an enjoyable experience. :thumbs:

IR5

Timeline
:lol: All that, and a liberal lefty too..... ####!!

:lol:####!! translates as gadzooks!! I believe. :lol:

IR5

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Better bring bail money. :innocent::lol:

:blink: the things i learn in here. now i'm thinking "wax on - wax off" :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
Crickey! I like cut flowers but I prefer the living plant itself. A large, fragrant jasmine that is blooming in the house is an instant air freshener and makes even a microwave dinner an enjoyable experience. :thumbs:

You can grow jasmine in the house? Cool.

Yup. I take the plants outside in the summer (I'm in Toronto) so they form more fragrant buds (and to keep my cats from climbing them :lol: ) but they're pretty happy indoors. They, of course, don't flower as much since my house faces North. In Florida, you could plant a few around your windows and voila, a nicely scented breeze will greet you every morning. Put one in the kitchen window. Much easier than keeping Frangipanis indoors, smaller too.

IR5

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, that is a good excuse, whew, sounds like a lot for one day!!

I still sing the enjoli commercial sometimes, however, I had forgotten it was for enjoli....so I guess the marketing wasn't that great.

Timeline

I still sing the enjoli commercial sometimes, however, I had forgotten it was for enjoli....so I guess the marketing wasn't that great.

:o I had no idea they still sold the stuff, but apparently they do. Some of these commercials ran for 15-20 years and print ads run forever (ask me about the lion-hearted Chryslers for 1959 :lol: ). The other big name was Prince Matchabelli. I remember the name but I couldn't for the life of me remember the perfume or the ad. It's a bit like the old Turk, I don't remember the name but the fez is familiar. :innocent: BTW, if you sang the jingle how did you not use the name of the product, just curious. :innocent:

IR5

Timeline

:o I had no idea they still sold the stuff, but apparently they do. Some of these commercials ran for 15-20 years and print ads run forever (ask me about the lion-hearted Chryslers for 1959 :lol: ). The other big name was Prince Matchabelli. I remember the name but I couldn't for the life of me remember the perfume or the ad. It's a bit like the old Turk, I don't remember the name but the fez is familiar. :innocent: BTW, if you sang the jingle how did you not use the name of the product, just curious. :innocent:

oh you're curious are you!?!?

I just left the enjoli part off :hehe:

Timeline

oh you're curious are you!?!?

I just left the enjoli part off :hehe:

:lol: I suppose it could happen, but for the Oscar Mayer jingle it might be a bit little harder. :lol:

IR5

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

wow everyone is still sleeping. guess i better fire up the coffee maker :unsure:

cup%20of%20coffee.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Woo hoo! Charles coffee! Good morning everyone. It snowed over night and not an insubstantial amount either, harumph.

Tinkerbell is on tv as I am playing the Disney world DVD, just recharging the batteries for the camera etc. Lots of work done yesterday (mostly by my Husband), quite frankly I have been a bit overwhelmed by this move.

Also just looking at motels, there is this one in Canistota, South Dakota, called the U-Bar Motel, my Husband found it and we are thinking of staying there perhaps instead of Sioux Falls, he likes the name:

42036_b1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.