thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Good morning everyone and thanks for the coffee Carla, that's a cute moose!

Well today is shopping day, the day when we go out and do - well lots of things that require going to a store! I also need to have a look at the things that you can't get/taste different in the U.S. spreadsheet, although I don't think a grocery store is where we will be.

Also need to go to the hairdresser and get my hair cut. It is my Husband's birthday too.

We have like a 37 inch tv we got a couple of years ago, I can't decide what to do with it. Give it away, sell it on kijiji, take it to Florida. It's a tv, I mean really, make a decision already!

Good morning. I was wondering where you were. Musta been giving your husband his birthday present. :)

Bring the TV with you. Honestly, I gave away far more than I should have, and I really regret that. You tend to get a little over-zealous in the whittling-down department. Maintain control. *wags finger*

iagree.gif

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh and this is my Son by the way!

Well, that is the thing, we will need a tv but the big tv isn't an lcd and it's big, heavy heavy big, we are having a mover pack it so that's not really an issue.

I guess what we could do is see if there will actually be room for it in the relocube, if not it stays :lol:

album_cover.jpg

Timeline

Oh wow. That's an awesome pic then! Who did it?

A friend of his did it, he took lots and lots of photos, which is really nice for me! My Son did a self produced CD a couple of years ago and that is the cover.

cd-back-cover_sm.jpg

A friend of his did it, he took lots and lots of photos, which is really nice for me! My Son did a self produced CD a couple of years ago and that is the cover.

cd-back-cover_sm.jpg

Good looking kid trailmix. What kind of music?

Timeline

cd-back-cover_sm.jpg

Good looking kid trailmix. What kind of music?

Rap! So now I'm going to take these pictures off, in case he gets mad at me for posting them, although they are public pictures - but anyhoo, not like he is going to drop in to VJ anytime soon. :lol: <<<< person who can't decide what to do with the tv.

Actually we have made a tv decision. If my Son wants it, it's his (he watches DVD's), if not we post it on kijiji tomorrow!

That's so cool! Not a big rap fan, but I have a great respect for artists.

Actually we have made a tv decision. If my Son wants it, it's his (he watches DVD's), if not we post it on kijiji tomorrow!

I am getting emotionally involved in the preservation of your television. *hopes son wants it*

iagree.gif

Timeline
I am getting emotionally involved in the preservation of your television. *hopes son wants it*

:lol:

Well I suppose I should go and get ready to go out. I don't really even want to go out, but oh well!

Timeline

See no one has been busy posting while I've been out in the world of shopping.

First of all Crikey! - you will be glad to know that I just called my Son and he is happy to have the television!

We went to - TD Bank, Tim Horton's for lunch, clothes store, petcetera, Mark's work wearhouse, hallmark, walmart and then we went and had hair cuts.

The silliest thing TD Bank.

So we saunter in there and produce our debit cards and state that we would like access to our 'Borderless' account, on our debit cards please.

She does some stuff on the computer, checks with someone else then comes back and tells us that the U.S. dollar 'Borderless' account cannot be connected to our debit cards, we can only access it at a teller :lol:

So I laughed and said - 'well that's not very borderless'.

Long story short, we closed our account with them, took a bank draft and some U.S. cash and left.

Marco just called me, the Centura account is now open. Dandy! So I get my pen and paper in anticipation of writing down the account number. So he says, you were saying something about depositing some money in the account - I say yes, in fact we have a bank draft here to do just that, in the account that took 2 weeks to open and to which we have no debit cards!

So I say, this is a TD bank draft, you aren't going to hold the money.....right. He wants me to bring in an old TD bank statement (what does this prove?) and he will attempt to get them not to hold it.

Anyway, my Husband is going to go in tomorrow afternoon to see him, I definately am not. Maybe this belongs in the vent thread :hehe:

First of all Crikey! - you will be glad to know that I just called my Son and he is happy to have the television!

We went to - TD Bank, Tim Horton's for lunch, clothes store, petcetera, Mark's work wearhouse, hallmark, walmart and then we went and had hair cuts.

The silliest thing TD Bank.

So we saunter in there and produce our debit cards and state that we would like access to our 'Borderless' account, on our debit cards please.

She does some stuff on the computer, checks with someone else then comes back and tells us that the U.S. dollar 'Borderless' account cannot be connected to our debit cards, we can only access it at a teller :lol:

So I laughed and said - 'well that's not very borderless'.

Long story short, we closed our account with them, took a bank draft and some U.S. cash and left.

Marco just called me, the Centura account is now open. Dandy! So I get my pen and paper in anticipation of writing down the account number. So he says, you were saying something about depositing some money in the account - I say yes, in fact we have a bank draft here to do just that, in the account that took 2 weeks to open and to which we have no debit cards!

So I say, this is a TD bank draft, you aren't going to hold the money.....right. He wants me to bring in an old TD bank statement (what does this prove?) and he will attempt to get them not to hold it.

Anyway, my Husband is going to go in tomorrow afternoon to see him, I definately am not. Maybe this belongs in the vent thread :hehe:

Trailmix, please follow protocol and post this in The Vent :P

Marco sounds...well, ummm interesting. :hehe: I bet you'll be glad trailmix to get this banking stuff over and done with! Sounds like had a shopping extravaganza yesterday. I hope you enjoyed yourself! I've been following your postings, and you've done a bang-up job on packing and organizing! Way to go!

I had a similar TV, and my kids were fighting over who was going to get it when I moved.

Here's some coffee this morning. Just rip it off the front of the can. :lol:

Had a full day yesterday, great day training. Now I'm on my own. Was exhausted last night, but slept poorly and was up at 4 am. Maybe a nap is called for today!

pc-greatcanadiancoffee.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

album_cover.jpg

Oh wow. What a gorgeous picture. I bet that water is icy. Anyone you know in the raft, or is it just some random people?

We were all over in OT trying to convert the racists. We were unsuccessful. I have learned that it is not possible to spark a flame in a vacuum. We will just have to wait for them to die out.

Phew! *great relief ensues* Now that's a big load off my shoulders. This packing stuff is hard work.

:blink: What the....? You know... come to think of it.... they really MUST be opening you an American account because I'm finding some remarkable similarities to how they operate down here. :hehe:

Trailmix, please follow protocol and post this in The Vent :P

Here's some coffee this morning. Just rip it off the front of the can. :lol:

pc-greatcanadiancoffee.jpg

Naps for everybody! :dance:

iagree.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Been busy with the puppy and my husband, stepson and yard work. We spent the whole weekend cleaning up the yard and there is still more to do. I did plant some veggies and herbs though- I'm so excited about that!! :)

I leave to take my stepson to school in a few minutes and then he is with him mom the next few days, Mel is at his day job and then teaches tonight so I have a whole day to myself!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.