thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good morning everyone!!

So where are all you early risers today....hmmm...hmmmmm!

So the person who was supposed to show up at 6 to pick up the window air conditioner didn't show up - so back to kijiji it goes if the second person that emailed doesn't want it.

I'm really glad I did buy the space bags.

Moving is a weird thing.

tim-hortons-15220.jpg

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
Good morning everyone!!

So where are all you early risers today....hmmm...hmmmmm!

So the person who was supposed to show up at 6 to pick up the window air conditioner didn't show up - so back to kijiji it goes if the second person that emailed doesn't want it.

I'm really glad I did buy the space bags.

Moving is a weird thing.

tim-hortons-15220.jpg

Mmmmm, Tims. I had ####### coffee this morning. Didn't grind the beans right or sumpin. :(

I think I must have missed the space bags conversation cause I haven't a clue what you're talking about, nor what they are. :lol:

Well, I guess I'm gone for the day. Happy packing, Trailmix!

Over and out.

iagree.gif

Timeline

ya, they work surprisingly well!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning everyone. i guess everyone is hunting for their easter eggs instead of having coffee today :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
good morning everyone. i guess everyone is hunting for their easter eggs instead of having coffee today :P

As soon as I get outta here and pick up my daughter from her idjit father we will definately be picking up eggs. Had coffee earlier...I'm out of Tim's so it had to be Maxwell House. *sigh*

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline

Never mind "...you might be a redneck." Check out these "...you might be a Canadian." one liners.

If your local Dairy Queen closes from September through May ...you might be a Canadian.

If someone in Home Depot offers you assistance, and they don't even work there...you might be a Canadian.

If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time...you might be a Canadian.

If you've had a lengthy telephone conversion with someone who dialed your number by mistake...you might be a Canadian.

If your definition of "vacation" means going anywhere south of Detroit for the weekend...you might be a Canadian.

If you measure travel distances in hours...you might be a Canadian.

If you know several people who have hit a deer...more than once...you might be a Canadian.

If you have switched from heating, to air-conditioning, and back again, in the same day...you might be a Canadian.

If you can drive 90 km/h, in two feet of snow, on the 401, in a raging blizzard, at rush-hour, without flinching...you might be a Canadian.

If you install security lights on your house and garage, but leave them unlocked...you might be a Canadian.

If you carry jumper cables in your car, and your wife knows how to use them...you might be a Canadian.

If the basic design objective of your kid's halloween costume is to fit over a snowsuit...you might be a Canadian.

If driving on your street is smoother in the winter, because all the potholes are filled with ice and snow...you might be a Canadian.

If you have more miles on your ski-doo and your snowblower than you do on your car...you might be a Canadian.

If you've ever called in sick to work to play road hockey...you might be a Canadian.

If you can sing one-half of your National Anthem in each official language, but don't know all the words in either one...you might be a Canadian.

If you know what double-double, timbits, touques, loonies, toonies, GST and poutine are...you might be a Canadian.

If you have ever asked what time it is using the universal sign language of pointing at your wrist...you might be a Canadian.

If you can recite all of the toppings on an "all-dressed" pizza...you might be a Canadian.

If you include your stash of Canadian Tire money when calculating your personal net worth...you might be a Canadian.

If you've ever worn a maple leaf or put one on your luggage when travelling - just so that no one mistakes you for an American...you might be a Canadian.

If your ice-fishing hut seats more people than your living room...you might be a Canadian.

If you've ever thought of buying Maple Leafs seasons tickets because "this might be the year..."...you might be a Canadian.

If you've ever worn ski-boots to a wedding...you might be a Canadian.

If you've ever worn your "good" parka and a tie to a job interview...you might be a Canadian.

If you've ever been ejected from a curling rink for reasons of intoxication...you might be a Canadian.

If you've ever called a friend to tell him about a great deal on road salt...you might be a Canadian.

If you've ever bought a loved-one snow tires for Christmas...you might be a Canadian.

If you plug in your car every night, and your car isn't electric...you might be a Canadian.

If you've ever waited in the car while your spouse played hockey...you might be a Canadian.

If your car has ever gotten 40 miles to the gallon of gas, and 20 miles to the gallon of washer fliud...you might be a Canadian.

If you see yourself in five or more of these situations, you definitiely are a Canadian.

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Never mind "...you might be a redneck." Check out these "...you might be a Canadian." one liners.

If your local Dairy Queen closes from September through May ...you might be a Canadian.

If someone in Home Depot offers you assistance, and they don't even work there...you might be a Canadian.

If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time...you might be a Canadian.

If you've had a lengthy telephone conversion with someone who dialed your number by mistake...you might be a Canadian.

If your definition of "vacation" means going anywhere south of Detroit for the weekend...you might be a Canadian.

If you know several people who have hit a deer...more than once...you might be a Canadian.

If you have switched from heating, to air-conditioning, and back again, in the same day...you might be a Canadian.

If you can drive 90 km/h, in two feet of snow, on the 401, in a raging blizzard, at rush-hour, without flinching...you might be a Canadian.

If you install security lights on your house and garage, but leave them unlocked...you might be a Canadian.

If you carry jumper cables in your car, and your wife knows how to use them...you might be a Canadian.

If the basic design objective of your kid's halloween costume is to fit over a snowsuit...you might be a Canadian.

If driving on your street is smoother in the winter, because all the potholes are filled with ice and snow...you might be a Canadian.

If you have more miles on your ski-doo and your snowblower than you do on your car...you might be a Canadian.

If you've ever called in sick to work to play road hockey...you might be a Canadian.

If you can sing one-half of your National Anthem in each official language, but don't know all the words in either one...you might be a Canadian.

If you know what double-double, timbits, touques, loonies, toonies, GST and poutine are...you might be a Canadian.

If you have ever asked what time it is using the universal sign language of pointing at your wrist...you might be a Canadian.

If you can recite all of the toppings on an "all-dressed" pizza...you might be a Canadian.

If you include your stash of Canadian Tire money when calculating your personal net worth...you might be a Canadian.

If you've ever worn a maple leaf or put one on your luggage when travelling - just so that no one mistakes you for an American...you might be a Canadian.

If your ice-fishing hut seats more people than your living room...you might be a Canadian.

If you've ever thought of buying Maple Leafs seasons tickets because "this might be the year..."...you might be a Canadian.

If you've ever worn ski-boots to a wedding...you might be a Canadian.

If you've ever worn your "good" parka and a tie to a job interview...you might be a Canadian.

If you've ever been ejected from a curling rink for reasons of intoxication...you might be a Canadian.

If you've ever called a friend to tell him about a great deal on road salt...you might be a Canadian.

If you've ever bought a loved-one snow tires for Christmas...you might be a Canadian.

If you plug in your car every night, and your car isn't electric...you might be a Canadian.

If you've ever waited in the car while your spouse played hockey...you might be a Canadian.

If your car has ever gotten 40 miles to the gallon of gas, and 20 miles to the gallon of washer fliud...you might be a Canadian.

If you see yourself in five or more of these situations, you definitiely are a Canadian.

:lol: You forgot to add, "Thanks, you've been a great audience and don't forget to tip your waitress." :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

flames...those are so funny! :lol: Very cute!

Here's morning coffee... have to run and do more training today. This is a little different in that one half day a week I'm going to be hearing and investigating elder abuse incidents. Either from family, or the nursing home. Have to interview the resident, and others and make recommendations to the coordinator to follow up with the State. Part of my training today will be going out with the supervisor to handle an actual incident. Will report on my experience tomorrow! Might be a vent though :(

Enjoy your day!

carlacoffee.jpg

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

yay i'm canadian! :dance:

:lol:

g'morning everyone.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
flames...those are so funny! :lol: Very cute!

Here's morning coffee... have to run and do more training today. This is a little different in that one half day a week I'm going to be hearing and investigating elder abuse incidents. Either from family, or the nursing home. Have to interview the resident, and others and make recommendations to the coordinator to follow up with the State. Part of my training today will be going out with the supervisor to handle an actual incident. Will report on my experience tomorrow! Might be a vent though :(

Enjoy your day!

carlacoffee.jpg

Best of luck!! Dont go into too much info on here (names, institution, etc) otherwise ur committing a HIPAA Violation!

Timeline

Good morning everyone!

Well I didn't really do much packing yesterday, I kind of played games and did housework, however! Put an ad in kijiji for our sofa and chairs, to give away - last night the people came over and took those and the little stereo stand and the book case!

The living room is looking decidedly empty. Two end tables, a lamp, an area rug and the cat carrier and a tv of course.

Marco just called, left voice mail....new way to talk to Marco...voice mail :hehe:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.