thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Absolutely gorgeous dress Liz. Is that you in the pictures? Beautiful lady....

Carla (F)

Two of the pics are me.. the 3rd is some model sitting on a beach somewhere I'm sure.....

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just saw the pics!!

Liz i love you dress! :luv: Makes me want to get married again ! :D I'm sure my husband won't mind since he asked me every week If I want to marry him again :blush:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Beautiful dress liz! You look great in it.

Here's my K-1 Timeline:

October 2006 - I-129F sent

10/24/2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!....APPROVED!!

10/30/2007 - Visa in hand!

AOS Timeline:

1/30/08 - Sent AOS pkg Priority Mail with USPS

3/12/08 - Biometrics taken

3/29/08 - EAD and AP in hand for me and my son

5/21/08 - Email-GC on its way!...RFE for my son's application

5/27/08 - GC arrives!!!

7/02/08 - Sons GC arrives!!!

ROC TIMELINE

3/23/10 - ROC sent!

3/29/10 - NOA1

4/22/10 - Biometrics Appt for me and my son

6/30/10 - Email saying card production ordered for me and my son

7/6/10 - Letter in the mail saying cards will arrive within 60 days

7/10/10 - Both cards received!

There's a lot of that going around. My mom's VISA card was hacked some how. She doesn't use the card except for emergencies so we caught it after a few weeks. The scumbag ran up a bill of over $1,300 but the good news is that the moron didn't realize that the card has a zero balance and a $20,000 limit. CIBC took care of it, but you can't be too careful these days.

Bleh. I had that happen to me too. On the day I was moving into my new house (when I was single) I had someone call me on my cell to tell me that VISA was trying to get in touch with me at my old land line. So, in the midst of me trying to tell the movers where to put things (I was by myself) I also had to discuss fraudulent purchases with the credit card company on a crackling cell phone. Apparently I managed to have a night on the town in Toronto (to the tune of $1,500 at Liquid) and purchase $500 worth of gas in Thornhill (I must have been filling my boat) before VISA shut them down. (Thornhill!?) When I received the copies of the transactions, it didn't even LOOK like my signature, so obviously everyone who processed the card didn't double-check the sig. Which makes me glad that those businesses didn't get their money. What a pain.

I don't even want to get started about VISA and fraud. Too many memories of people giving me BS at my old job for checking their signature on the credit card. Here's for being a good person -_-

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Can I just take a minute to say that you guys are so great on the canada bit here. I feel like we can talk about anything without getting all pissy and in bits over it!

:thumbs:

It's part of being Canadian! And kudos to the honourary Canadians that post here (the USCs that are married to Canadians). :)

My Father was Canadian... does that count?

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I don't even want to get started about VISA and fraud. Too many memories of people giving me BS at my old job for checking their signature on the credit card. Here's for being a good person -_-

I've been asked for my CT state ID 3-4 times in the past month from people who didn't believe i was the owner of my VISA card.. I am actually comforted when they ask - like when they ask for ID at a liquor store.. at least people check!!

They even asked for it at the POST OFFICE!

Edited by Emancipation

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Timeline

I used to always thank the people who checked the sig because it was so rare. Now I just stand politely until they're done because it's becoming more and more common. So thank you, Nini. I'm sure your former employer thanks you too. As for the grumpy people.... they have karma waiting in the wings for them.

iagree.gif

Timeline

Of course it does. :) But beware. Being a Canadian or an Honourary Canadian carries certain responsibilities. You must be polite at all times. But if you cannot be polite, you must be funny. Go in peace. ^_^

Uh-Oh...

Life gets more complicated. :blink:

My grandfather was a Victoria Alderman.

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Of course it does. :) But beware. Being a Canadian or an Honourary Canadian carries certain responsibilities. You must be polite at all times. But if you cannot be polite, you must be funny. Go in peace. ^_^

:lol: krikit, you stated that so succinctly!

Of course Navarre you know you have Canadian Citizenship? Currently, any person born abroad of a Canadian parent is automatically a citizen :thumbs:

Timeline

:lol: krikit, you stated that so succinctly!

Of course Navarre you know you have Canadian Citizenship? Currently, any person born abroad of a Canadian parent is automatically a citizen :thumbs:

Born in Alabama. That's almost as good - right? B)

I might even own an Anne Murray album or two!!! (NOT)

Edited by NavarreMan

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.