thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Hehe, yeah. I've been having some horrible insomnia for the past couple of months - it's been okay the past few weeks, but last night I had a very difficult time getting to bed :(

I feel you there :(

With all the stress of adjusting to my new life and the mix of day and night shifts, I had to surrender myself to take an Advil PM twice since last week in order to get some sleep back before I get physically ill.....

Doesnt help when I work 4-12pm one night and then 10am-7pm the next day, and first day off that comes I start stressing out cause I need to make phone calls for info and stuff.....argh

And all of that made me procrastinate too much, so here I am, 3 weeks before a deadline for the June exam to get my license, waiting for 2 people to send me back e-mails, call me back, cause I still don't know if I am eligible and I will need an English translation from my stupid transcript cause I just called my college and they can't do it...

All can be done very fast, but for more $$$ :(

Good thing is I could always wait 6 more months and take the next one....in January 2009.....but that seems horribly far and I need that License to have a better job or better salary...

Oh wait, this wasn't the Vent topic ? :P:D

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Oh my webpage is nothing fancy, it's just the one I use for my homepage, I just throw links up there that I use regularly and the occasional funny picture :)

I'm not a fancy gal. :whistle: (send links) :D

Yeah.... and I don't think I look like Salma Hayek.... :lol:

No, you're much prettier. :innocent: *realizes he suddenly sounds like Dad and should cut back on his medications tout de suite* :lol:

Ya know there are many ways to express love... *cough cough :whistle:

And some of them won't get you arrested. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Timeline

No, you're much prettier. :innocent: *realizes he suddenly sounds like Dad and should cut back on his medications tout de suite* :lol:

Have you been drinking pseudoephedrine again Mumsie????? You know it's bad for you :rofl: thanks for the compliment though, I'll take it. My 'other brother' used to say I looked like Frida Kahlo :angry: . Ideologically complimentary, aesthetically creepy.

Timeline

Have you been drinking pseudoephedrine again Mumsie????? You know it's bad for you :rofl: thanks for the compliment though, I'll take it. My 'other brother' used to say I looked like Frida Kahlo :angry: . Ideologically complimentary, aesthetically creepy.

No, but can I borrow ten bucks. :lol: I'm in a relatively good mood today, Pop's passport has reached MTL and it's not snowing, only raining. :thumbs: Mumsie is effusive in praise when he's not growling at something or someone (which is most of the time). :lol: I'm not a judgemental b*stard but I'm not a big fan of women with unibrows like Frida Kahlo. Your other brother was mistaken, shame on him. :angry: You look nothing like Frida, not at all; you look more like Diego Rivera. :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

Hmm. I just received a call from something called "Audience Participation". (I think that's what they said.) They want me to view a DVD for a proposed show on March 25th and they will call me back on March 26th to see what I think of it. Has anyone else ever heard of this? :unsure:

Does it pay ?

:devil:

I've been to one of those surveys before, making me taste 3 different kinds of Mentos, asked me which wrapper I like the most and got 50$ for 15 min.

Edited by Mephys

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hmm. I just received a call from something called "Audience Participation". (I think that's what they said.) They want me to view a DVD for a proposed show on March 25th and they will call me back on March 26th to see what I think of it. Has anyone else ever heard of this? :unsure:

Not sending a DVD but I did get mail a couple of months ago for an audience participation thing - had to go somewhere (forget where) for a few hours and view some new shows and give my opinion.

I didn't do it, but sounds like the same type of thing.

Edited by trailmix

No, but can I borrow ten bucks. :lol: I'm in a relatively good mood today, Pop's passport has reached MTL and it's not snowing, only raining. :thumbs: Mumsie is effusive in praise when he's not growling at something or someone (which is most of the time). :lol: I'm not a judgemental b*stard but I'm not a big fan of women with unibrows like Frida Kahlo. Your other brother was mistaken, shame on him. :angry: You look nothing like Frida, not at all; you look more like Diego Rivera. :lol::lol::lol:

You smart azz :lol: me thinkssss YOU look like "El Sapo" (babyname for comrade Rivera) You should know that I admire Frida like few women. She was not only talented, but politically active and in pantsuits in a time where neither were ok'ed by my beautiful countryfellas. She was and is my inspiration in many things I do. But yes, she was buttttt ugly.

Here, have 20 bucks. ;)

I've been to one of those surveys before, making me taste 3 different kinds of Mentos, asked me which wrapper I like the most and got 50$ for 15 min.

No kidding? I'm getting ripped off then. :lol: It's a half hour show and they'll enter me into a draw to win $100 or something that's worth $100.... or something to that effect. Can you tell I'm not a good listener? :huh:

iagree.gif

Timeline

No kidding? I'm getting ripped off then. :lol: It's a half hour show and they'll enter me into a draw to win $100 or something that's worth $100.... or something to that effect. Can you tell I'm not a good listener? :huh:

:lol:

Len, that site is cool :thumbs:

I love mentos.

Timeline
OK, so lately I'm all about reading blogs and all, I found this link which is quite cool, so I thought I'd share:

http://www.dumblittleman.com/2008/03/30-us...ably-didnt.html

Enjoy, L.

Nice find!! thanks

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

You smart azz :lol: me thinkssss YOU look like "El Sapo" (babyname for comrade Rivera) You should know that I admire Frida like few women. She was not only talented, but politically active and in pantsuits in a time where neither were ok'ed by my beautiful countryfellas. She was and is my inspiration in many things I do. But yes, she was buttttt ugly.

Here, have 20 bucks. ;)

The toad thanks you. :lol:

IR5

Timeline

No kidding? I'm getting ripped off then. :lol: It's a half hour show and they'll enter me into a draw to win $100 or something that's worth $100.... or something to that effect.

I've had the same experience myself. I participated in one of these surveys, got a nice invitation in the mail and everything. I didn't get paid, no cookies, no drinks, nothing. I tell you, that's the last time I take part in a survey for a company called Elections Canada. :innocent:

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.