thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Now for something completely different.............................

A man with a tape recorder up his brother's nose :)

You have the longest signature in the world (yes the world!)

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Every time I phone the NVC I keep hearing the song "Immigration Man" by CSNY in my head so it seems appropriate for a signature.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

Every time I phone the NVC I keep hearing the song "Immigration Man" by CSNY in my head so it seems appropriate for a signature.

I don't hear any music in my head when I call the NVC, do you think this means our case will be completed soon?

Timeline

I don't hear any music in my head when I call the NVC, do you think this means our case will be completed soon?

I hope so. The last response from the consulate still has me wondering. I plan to wait six months from the date of completion (07/27/2007), mind you it's for my parents so they're not as anxious about getting an early interview as I am. It might be nice to get mom and pop off to their medicals and Montreal before the snow flies. I don't remember if your case is complete at the NVC yet but I would keep checking with them to make sure everything is moving along and nothing is missing, I know in the case of my mother it would have saved several months. My father's case was completed within a month of the receipt of packet IV by the NVC. Keep in mind as IR5s, my parents only have had to worry about packet IV.

IR5

Timeline

Oh I do keep in touch, they are practically family now. I've had 2 RFE's - on the home stretch at the NVC now, they have all the information they need so now I'm waiting to hear the 'case complete'!

Liz, that's gorgeous. *gets weepy*

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Timeline

Classy dress for a classy lady. As for the rest of you scum... :P

IR5

Timeline

Someone hacked in to my ebay account today and bid on 22 mobile phones on ebay.uk

It's really weird and I wouldn't have known except the thief tried to change the email address on my account (haven't looked at my ebay account in several months).

You know how you get those phishing emails from 'ebay' periodically which are obvious frauds, well I think they are obvious. Anyway I see this email come in today and I'm thinking - yeah, but I open it and it's not a fraud, it has my name, my login name etc at the top. So I go to ebay and log in and there is a copy of said email in 'my messages' - so it is legit - confirming my change of email address on the account.

Look further, here are all these items I have 'won' and several more that are pending. I contacted ebay security and they managed to cancel 18 of the auctions the dim wit was bidding on - but how inconvenient is that for the people who were selling those items?

I'm just glad my login for ebay and paypal are different.

So I had to change all my passwords, including my email password. Dweebssss!

Timeline
Someone hacked in to my ebay account today and bid on 22 mobile phones on ebay.uk

It's really weird and I wouldn't have known except the thief tried to change the email address on my account (haven't looked at my ebay account in several months).

You know how you get those phishing emails from 'ebay' periodically which are obvious frauds, well I think they are obvious. Anyway I see this email come in today and I'm thinking - yeah, but I open it and it's not a fraud, it has my name, my login name etc at the top. So I go to ebay and log in and there is a copy of said email in 'my messages' - so it is legit - confirming my change of email address on the account.

Look further, here are all these items I have 'won' and several more that are pending. I contacted ebay security and they managed to cancel 18 of the auctions the dim wit was bidding on - but how inconvenient is that for the people who were selling those items?

I'm just glad my login for ebay and paypal are different.

So I had to change all my passwords, including my email password. Dweebssss!

There's a lot of that going around. My mom's VISA card was hacked some how. She doesn't use the card except for emergencies so we caught it after a few weeks. The scumbag ran up a bill of over $1,300 but the good news is that the moron didn't realize that the card has a zero balance and a $20,000 limit. CIBC took care of it, but you can't be too careful these days.

IR5

Filed: Timeline

Oh, Liz, your dress is beautiful! You look absolutely gorgeous in it. (F)

Aargh! How annoying for you!!!

Oh, Liz, your dress is beautiful! You look absolutely gorgeous in it. (F)

Aargh! How annoying for you!!!

Hmmm. Speaking of annoying..... I hate it when my comments all get linked together so it looks like one giant topic. :angry:

iagree.gif

Filed: Timeline
There's a lot of that going around. My mom's VISA card was hacked some how. She doesn't use the card except for emergencies so we caught it after a few weeks. The scumbag ran up a bill of over $1,300 but the good news is that the moron didn't realize that the card has a zero balance and a $20,000 limit. CIBC took care of it, but you can't be too careful these days.

Bleh. I had that happen to me too. On the day I was moving into my new house (when I was single) I had someone call me on my cell to tell me that VISA was trying to get in touch with me at my old land line. So, in the midst of me trying to tell the movers where to put things (I was by myself) I also had to discuss fraudulent purchases with the credit card company on a crackling cell phone. Apparently I managed to have a night on the town in Toronto (to the tune of $1,500 at Liquid) and purchase $500 worth of gas in Thornhill (I must have been filling my boat) before VISA shut them down. (Thornhill!?) When I received the copies of the transactions, it didn't even LOOK like my signature, so obviously everyone who processed the card didn't double-check the sig. Which makes me glad that those businesses didn't get their money. What a pain.

iagree.gif

That dress is to die for!!! So completely beautiful! :wub:

Just wanted to say..there are some real jerk off's on this website...one in particular!!! :angry: ..none in our little Canada board but I just wanted to say that...

LOL I guess you will always have one or two rotten apples in the bunch. Such is life.

I feel better now! :dead:

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.