thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

g'morning all. and the kc ssn office sucks too! :ranting:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It's official. My mom and sister are booked to come down on May 7th!! I am so excited to show them around. My sis can only stay a week and my om will stay for 2.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
It's official. My mom and sister are booked to come down on May 7th!! I am so excited to show them around. My sis can only stay a week and my om will stay for 2.

Woo hoo MissStacey, that's happy news! Liz, the wait at the Soc. Sec. office sounds horrible, glad to hear you at least got your other card in your new name!

Well, it's time to start packing around here - sheesh, seems like a huge job at the moment - I'm sure it will be. We have lived in this house for 8 years - I'm no pack rat, but there are about 15 totes in the storage room that we need to go through so that is the priority right now. The relocube we are getting is only 6x7 and 8 feet tall, that's not a lot of room so a lot will be thrown away/given to women in need.

I've moved many times, this is the longest I have ever lived in one place in fact, I know I just need to get moving. Normally by moving day everything is packed well in advance, I just start a tote/box for every room and pack everything and we just use a box for a few weeks.

IR5 you will be happy to know the Crown Victoria is road worthy, at least according to the Ford mechanics. We did get the compliance letter as well - it was $ 50. Car has been inspected, tires rotated, new wipers (oh so important :lol: ). Nice that the tires are rotated, seeing as we are going to buy new ones...but anyhoo.

Ok i'm a ramblin ramblinnnn - :blink:

Timeline
charles...you were supposed to give us a review of the movie you saw last night...or do you need a few sips of coffee first?

like any good husband, i'll have to ask the wife :P

she has the movie with her, i'm over here in virginia for a few more days. :angry:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Timeline
Woo hoo MissStacey, that's happy news! Liz, the wait at the Soc. Sec. office sounds horrible, glad to hear you at least got your other card in your new name!

Well, it's time to start packing around here - sheesh, seems like a huge job at the moment - I'm sure it will be. We have lived in this house for 8 years - I'm no pack rat, but there are about 15 totes in the storage room that we need to go through so that is the priority right now. The relocube we are getting is only 6x7 and 8 feet tall, that's not a lot of room so a lot will be thrown away/given to women in need.

I've moved many times, this is the longest I have ever lived in one place in fact, I know I just need to get moving. Normally by moving day everything is packed well in advance, I just start a tote/box for every room and pack everything and we just use a box for a few weeks.

IR5 you will be happy to know the Crown Victoria is road worthy, at least according to the Ford mechanics. We did get the compliance letter as well - it was $ 50. Car has been inspected, tires rotated, new wipers (oh so important :lol: ). Nice that the tires are rotated, seeing as we are going to buy new ones...but anyhoo.

Ok i'm a ramblin ramblinnnn - :blink:

Trailmix, are you serious??? ONE RELOCUBE FOR YOUR WHOLE HOUSE????????????? :blink: I'm impressed sister --- it took us 10 feet of a UPack trailer :blink: Holy cow.

Oh! and good morning people.

Timeline
charles...you were supposed to give us a review of the movie you saw last night...or do you need a few sips of coffee first?

she has the movie with her, i'm over here in virginia for a few more days. :angry:

here ya go. she's gonna work on no country next.

I finished Into the Wild last night. I liked it. I was :o with the end, though.
Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Trailmix, are you serious??? ONE RELOCUBE FOR YOUR WHOLE HOUSE????????????? :blink: I'm impressed sister --- it took us 10 feet of a UPack trailer :blink: Holy cow.

Oh! and good morning people.

Well that is the theory anyway :lol:

We are taking very few pieces of furniture, just our bed, and a couple of smaller pieces - there is always the option of hiring a second relocube :whistle:

Edited by trailmix

Please, and I am begging all of you, to be conscious of the word "the" in front of wife/husband.

Grrrrr......

:hehe:

I adored Into the Wild! :thumbs: :thumbs:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

I have too much good news!

And later, when I catch my breath I really want to take the time to read a lot of sad and frustrated people's posts on here and see what I can assist with.

But first:

I got 100% on my written driver's test, and they granted me immediately with an IL driver's license. Hey, the photo even came out good. Ha! :D

And then I stood back in line with my new license and took the motorcycle written test. Passed again!

YOOHOO!! B)

Had a blast with the clerks there. Almost lost my AOS NOAs that I had along with me (why did I have them with? who knows why I ever do anything). :hehe:

The super fun clerk, who is now my friend, gave them to me. :star:

And to start the day off, I got great news on a potential job for the near future when I get me approval.

I would love to tell you more about this part of my day, but then I'd really have to kill you as I signed a paper of confidentiality.

No talky....just yet.

3 for 3 today!

I may even go out and buy a lottery ticket (something I never do).

All this does not even begin to balance out the sad news though.

(deep breath)

My wonder-full fun-loving father-in-law is quickly fading on us.

Got back from visiting with him and his wife in the Florida Panhandle a few days ago...I may go back ASAP to help around the house, etc. Be the go-girl for his amazing wife. I am so crazy about them. Damn it! Why so soon?! Waaaaaahhhh...

Please, and I am begging all of you, to be conscious of the word "the" in front of wife/husband.

Grrrrr......

I adored Into the Wild! :thumbs: :thumbs:

So I can no longer say "the redhead" :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Love you sister, and I agree ;)

Hee, hee. Thanks for the love, right back at ya.

"The redhead" is perfectly acceptable.

Didn't we talk about this in the Fall??

Hmmmm....Charles didn't get the memo. :lol:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Grrrrr......

I adored Into the Wild! :thumbs::thumbs:

Absolutely. Polygamy is outlawed in the US (even in Utah :lol: ) so there is only one wife or husband (unless you are a practicing bigamist or politician :lol: ). You have a wife, a husband, a waste of skin, a boat anchor, whatever. :lol: The love of my life is still OK though. In Len's case, the TLM is the preferred term of endearment :lol: .

On a more serious note, I am so sorry to hear about your FIL's condition. My thoughts and prayers go out to him (and you too). :thumbs:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Dear Visajourney Friends,

Today I got my first American cold! A bona fide American cold virus!! I went to the local CVS and was pleased to see Buckley's on the shelf and got some of that. I also bought some Zicam.

Donne moi une poptart!

Ooo, Buckleys. :D

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: Timeline
Absolutely. Polygamy is outlawed in the US (even in Utah :lol: ) so there is only one wife or husband (unless you are a practicing bigamist or politician :lol: ). You have a wife, a husband, a waste of skin, a boat anchor, whatever. :lol: The love of my life is still OK though. In Len's case, the TLM is the preferred term of endearment :lol: .

On a more serious note, I am so sorry to hear about your FIL's condition. My thoughts and prayers go out to him (and you too). :thumbs:

Or the artist formerly known as "the dude I'm shacking up with" :lol:

I swear people, if Bren read my posts he would be either quite amused or quite embarrassed.... :unsure: Good thing is, there would be some spanking involved. but hey! At least I think my comments do not cross the line in between sexy-funny and plain out gross and disgusting :whistle: :whistle:

Prayers out for FIL Spirit. May the Gods be with him and protect him.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.