thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Good morning Canada forum. I'm feeling a little iffy today. I had hoped to visit the Manitou Cliff Dwellings but I'm not sure now. I suddenly came down with a terrible headache and nausea and stuff late yesterday, and I'm still feeling it a bit today. I really want to go since it's our last full day in Denver, but I don't want to be an hour and a half away and feeling horrible either. :(

Awwwww Crikey! I'm sorry you're feeling so crappy. The cliff dwellings do sound interesting, but it would be horrible to be out there, and feel like you're going to pass out, or your head is being hammered! The snack bar is also closed I noted, so if you do go, bring a little snack, and plenty of water! Hope you're feeling better soon!

carlahmsb4.gif

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm now on Spring Break!! Wife took some time off, so we drove up to Newport RI!! Just chilling!! soon off to get some groceries!! Lobster Time I say!!!!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Why did you have to bring up the lobster? I had such a craving for it last night :lol:

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Timeline

Depends on what types of books!! My wife is a fanattic when it comes to books!! Eventually convinced her to get rid of some--Around 4 big garbage bags full!!! Looked to see if we could sell them on Ebay, but since these were just general romance, mystery novels, weren't going to fetch much!! U can give it a try! Search on Ebay and see if there are others of that book selling and for how much?/ Is it worth ur time?? And the used book store by us, didnt really want them!! So we donated them to the library, and will use it for a tax deduction!!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Timeline
Depends on what types of books!! My wife is a fanattic when it comes to books!! Eventually convinced her to get rid of some--Around 4 big garbage bags full!!! Looked to see if we could sell them on Ebay, but since these were just general romance, mystery novels, weren't going to fetch much!! U can give it a try! Search on Ebay and see if there are others of that book selling and for how much?/ Is it worth ur time?? And the used book store by us, didnt really want them!! So we donated them to the library, and will use it for a tax deduction!!!

A lot of them are indeed paperbacks or hardcovers, fiction. God forbid we got rid of our academishy books (sacrilege!). The whole ebay thing apparently does require some time and I have none to run around shipping #######, so I will check into used bookstores and see what gives.

thanks flames!!!

Timeline

AND keep in mind with ebay, they charge you to list the item and they take a small percentage as well!! Plus if u use Paypal, which is probably the safest method to use to recieve payment, they also charge u a fee!!! So selling a book for $5 isnt really worth it!! Plus u have to find shipping supplies, drive to the post office. I have sold some stuff on Ebay, more for the excitement to see how much it wil sell for,lol

*snickers at Len* Throw paper airplanes at the trainer?

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline
OK folks - B et moi have decided to slim down our library :crying:, but we're not THAT nice as to just give away the books. So we will sell some of them. question is.... what's better? Doing the e-bay thing or just selling them to a used books place? Ideas? Experiences?

I did the used book thing on Amazon to unload some books, but in the end, with the amount you sell them for and then the PITA of going to get them shipped (you do get a lower mailing rate in the U.S. if you use the 'media' shipment) it just didn't seem worth all the effort. I would recommend selling them via Amazon or Ebay only if they are very expensive hardcover type books (text books, reference books, etc).

The others, I would recommend taking them to your local used book store.

My blog

10/01/2005: Married in Toronto

02/15/2006: Began Canadian Immigration

09/19/2007: Withdrew CIC application (they still hadn't processed anything)

10/01/2007: Moved back to U.S.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-1 application through Montreal Consulate

10/26/2007: I-130 mailed to CA Service Center

10/29/2007: USPS confirmation of receipt of I-130

02/13/2008: NOA-1 received (107 days)

07/02/2008: I-130 approved

07/22/2008: AOS filed including EAD and AP

07/25/2008: NOA-1s for all 3 received

08/20/2008: Biometrics appointment

08/22/2008: Received RFE for Affadivit of Support and Medical

10/21/2008: Submitted I-865W in lieu of co-sponsor and medical info to NSC

11/14/2008: online case status not updated since filing of AOS in July 2008

01/20/2009: Received another RFE for Affadavit of Support Info

02/02/2009: Responded to RFE with brand new AOS based on 2008 tax return (if that doesn't shut them up, dunno what will)

02/19/2009: EAD card received in mail (no updates on Online Case Status ever made)

02/23/2009: AP received (again, no online updates)

02/26/2009: Received interview appointment letter for 4/6/09

04/06/2009: AOS approved for unconditional GC

04/21/2009: GC received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

bleh, 11 hours at work and 2 more to go.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.