thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Thank you darling Crikey. :D

It's an ooooolllllld story.

Now please, all you Cannucky OT people, go here and add your name on this website.

I had posted it in regular OT, and putting here too, shamelessly.

http://www.whalesrevenge.com/

Thanks!

:star:

done!

Well you guys told some interesting stories this morning! Nice latte there crikey.

It seems to have snowed a lot here overnight, but it is plus 1 today, might do some sunbathing later. not. Did you guys do that when you were teenagers - slather on the baby oil or hawaiian tropic and aquire that lovely tan!? I have a picture of myself at 16 where I have this really dark tan, I have freckles and it was so dark you couldn't even see them. :)

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I know I wrote it in the other forum but I am just happy. We had our AOS interview today and were approved. Green card will be in the mail in 2-3 weeks. :D

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow Spirit... crazy story.

I remember doing that triailmix. Thank God I didn't damage my skin. I'm super fair and it's insane how much time I've spent in the sun (probably not good). I actually tan which is strange 'cause to see me you'd think I'd be a total "burner"

Flames - isn't it great that we can blend in so well? It's awesome until someone starts Canada bashing (which has happened to me a few times). My husband is so chivalrous though when someone insults Canadians/ immigrants... he totally sticks up for me :) He jokes with me though that I need to brush up on my "American" a bit.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So my Husband has his Canadian citizenship test on February 27th, I guess February is immigration month. Anyway I called them and was told that after writing the test it takes 6-8 months before the swearing in ceremony will take place.

We had applied for his Canadian citizenship before I did the research and found out he could maintain his Canadian PR status when we move. So he will do the thing, but when it comes time for the swearing in don't know if he will be bothered.

Why does it take 6-8 months anyway, how about having them take the test on a computer and if they pass swear them in on the spot - like a driver's license. :)

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Timeline
So my Husband has his Canadian citizenship test on February 27th, I guess February is immigration month. Anyway I called them and was told that after writing the test it takes 6-8 months before the swearing in ceremony will take place.

We had applied for his Canadian citizenship before I did the research and found out he could maintain his Canadian PR status when we move. So he will do the thing, but when it comes time for the swearing in don't know if he will be bothered.

Why does it take 6-8 months anyway, how about having them take the test on a computer and if they pass swear them in on the spot - like a driver's license. :)

When I went for mine it was in July with a roomful of other people. I think they wait until they get enough people to do it all in one shot. It was kind of nice, actually.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
And on a completely different note! The Calgary winter Olympics started 20 years ago today, so I thought it would be fitting to give a shout out to Hidy and Howdy.

Hidy_Howdy.jpg

Awe.. love those two... sooooo cute ;)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Timeline

Hey trailmix, I've always wanted to ask you how come you folks didn't file DCF like we did????

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Good morning friends.

coffeeswirlxl7.jpg

yay coffee and humpday, what a combination! :dance:

Good morning!

I woke up sick as a dog... my husband had this cold last week and I was feeling pretty smug that it hadn't hit me. Then it hit me hard this morning.

Yuk!

Interesting story from when I was in the waiting room of the dealership having my car serviced yesterday:

There was a man sitting across from me with his wife. He asked about 3 or 4 other people sitting near him if they were republican or democrat (primaries were here yesterday) Everyone he asked said they were voting for Obama. Anyway, I'm just flipping through a magazine trying to mind my own business when I hear

Him: Excuse me miss?

I look up

Him: Are you a republican or a democrat?

Me: Oh I can't vote

this is when it got funny

His Wife: Oh #### me too! Oh I can't vote neither! Felony charges. Incarcerated. Where were you in prison at?

Me: OH NO no no no! I can't vote because I'm Canadian

His Wife: Oh

She looked very disappointed.

The waiting room was full and I could hear snickering from every corner

Him: You don't got no accent or nothin. Don't y'all talk with some funny accent?

Me: Nope. Not really. We pretty much talk like Americans.

At that point I got up to see what was taking so long with my car and tried to get out of there.

My car wound up taking forever and I was almost late for my biometrics appointment.

I once was on a bus next to a murderer. Nice guy. One question, was it by any chance a Ford dealer? On second thought, Ford folks are usually Republican, must have been a Chevy dealer. :lol:

BTW, I've been fighting the flu for the last few days, my nose is running and it looks like my bowels have stopped doing so. :lol: I know what you're going through. :thumbs:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
OMG, I can't believe that woman told you she'd been incarcerated on felony charges, Mandi! That's hilarious! :lol:

When I was watching that video, Spirit, I laughed at the part where RM said he had to get his child to Montessori. It reminded me of the time a guy came sliding into the back of me during an ice storm, taking his kids to school. He got out out of his van to check if I was okay and then said "My kids just learned some new words today." :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Now you reminded me of a story from a faraway time in a faraway place...okay okay it was the late 80s in Montreal:

Winter driving and trying to find a plowed spot to park in downtown.

I find one and am parallel parking; meaning I am backing into it.

A guy comes zooming up behind me at Mach speed and sticks his (car's) nose in!

So I leave my car (a tiny MR2) backed in there and it is not quite in, but it is not to be a bother to passing vehicles; plus I only had a quick errand to run and normally I would park anywhere and throw the flashers on, HA!

The guy starts to swear at me calling me all kinds of interesting names as I am walking away not wanting to engage...but then he uses THAT word. The one I cannot overlook. I stop walk towards him about to spew out just as much venom, when I see a young boy in his car; his son. And so I end it, "Sir, I can see that by your behaviour in front of your son, that you are beyond help." (Well something equally goo and without stooping to his level.) And left.

I, of course waited around the corner to spy on my car for a moment. He drove off, and so I fixed my parking.

Crazy, and in front of children. I just hate that.

Spirit, the rather abrasive fellow no doubt escaped a fate much worse than death. :angry: I'm a man and THAT word never comes up even when I'm suffering from PMS.

I once saw a guy stop at the side of the road, take out his daughter (she must have been 8 or 9) and repeatedly kick her backside while screaming obscenities. I was a passenger in the car and I thought for a minute about stopping but we were moving too fast and just past the incident. My friend who was driving looked at me and saw exactly what I was thinking and told me "calm down, he isn't worth going to prison for." My friend and a few other people just started honking their horns and started yelling at the guy. I still wonder what happened to that little girl. Very sad. :crying:

bored............................

How was your day?

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

my day was alright.. Oliver's got to go in for a *procedure* at the hospital in march

I can't elaborate cuz he'll kill me.. anyway, he'll be completely under but I'm sure everything will go well

umm, been doing wedding stuff and some sinful shopping =)

and filed for AOS.

what about you??

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Good morning good people. I have made you a special Valentine's Day breakfast. Enjoy!

breakfastku8.jpg

:dance::dance::dance: coffee's ready!

happy valentine's day everyone.

and mumsie, i've found the ford usually means dem, chevy means republican :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.