thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Nice sparkling coffee Carla! When we were little we all had sparkly dresses (three Sisters). It's very early in the morning. :mellow:

We are having a chinook, -1 here right now.

Alberta is going to the polls in early March and it's not even on CNN, what's up with that. B) Is there any hope that a Liberal Government will be voted in in our fine province?

Edited by trailmix

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

Just yesterday, 1 of the local talk shows (DC area) mentioned an article from the CALGARY Herald!! can't recall what they were talking about--wasnt anything serious---but was suprised when they mentioned Calgary! lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
Just yesterday, 1 of the local talk shows (DC area) mentioned an article from the CALGARY Herald!! can't recall what they were talking about--wasnt anything serious---but was suprised when they mentioned Calgary! lol

I actually just had a good laugh. On the morning news they were showing the AB Liberal leader and he was saying something like - "It's time for a change, it's time for a change".

It was so stilted though, like Obama without the charisma.

Filed: Timeline

I post this pic and change the words to "NO MOAR POLITICS!!!" I'm heading into the second year of listening to the never-ending American election and I CAN'T TAKE IT NO "MOAR"!!!

nomorepuffqz9.jpg

On a serene note, there is a lovely breeze coming through the windows today. Makes me feel like I'm back at the cottage on Georgian Bay. :innocent:

iagree.gif

Timeline
I post this pic and change the words to "NO MOAR POLITICS!!!" I'm heading into the second year of listening to the never-ending American election and I CAN'T TAKE IT NO "MOAR"!!!

nomorepuffqz9.jpg

On a serene note, there is a lovely breeze coming through the windows today. Makes me feel like I'm back at the cottage on Georgian Bay. :innocent:

Sounds lovely!

Well the conservatives will win, all will be right in the AB government, there, that's the election talk all done :) (oh and I will be voting for them in case anyone cares lol)

That is a great photo and caption Krikit.

A warm breeze where you are, and a chinook where Trailmix is and me, well, I am going to take my graphics pen and commit Sepuku.

Check the weather here: clicky.

Blowing ice and sleet and snow and brrrr and there's this little squirrel I just saw from my window and my heart sank.

I have no peanuts.

Winter sucks, yes, but it is the wind that makes it truly hellish.

I miss the West Coast....waaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh....snif snif.

Oops, is this not The Vent thread? sigh.

I really fantasize about owning an airline...that was so funny. I have been researching escapes to paradise for a week for my sweetie and I once we are in Florida socializing some more, and I came across Spirit Air; not on Expedia, too bad.

We looked at the (virtual) map and decided on the U.S. Virgin Islands.

I believe I am allowed to go there and not have issues coming back.

Anyone know??

Anyone been??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And as for you my dear Mumsie, I am so grateful that you are around playing on VJ.

The laughter you, uhm, cause (there must be a better word) gives years back.

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Great sparkling coffee Calrlawarla. Did you allow Trailmix to put that unknown substance in it?? Hee hee.

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline

This was just posted at the other site I visit from time to time:

joseph23041977 wrote:

Hello people, if you think, whites have feelings, please explain me with examples.

I'm not Whitte, but I was growing up from whites only areas. However, where ever I go here in Alberta, they think,that I just come from some where else.

Why does the rednecks thinks that Canadian are only Whites?

Why wouldn't the redneck understand that if they abuse none whites, they end up pay too much taxes in cases involving to keep people in jail and pshycrhritic wards, or paying them for permanant disability benefit?

:blink:

joseph23041977 wrote:

Hello people, if you think, whites have feelings, please explain me with examples.

I'm not Whitte, but I was growing up from whites only areas. However, where ever I go here in Alberta, they think,that I just come from some where else.

Why wouldn't the redneck understand that if they abuse none whites, they end up pay too much taxes in cases involving to keep people in jail and pshycrhritic wards, or paying them for permanant disability benefit?

Sounds like Joseph's not long out of one of those "pshychrhritic" wards himself. :whistle:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good gawd - what the h-e-double hockey sticks was that? maybe it's james or Esmerelda again :) Me thinks YES

joseph23041977 wrote:

Sounds like Joseph's not long out of one of those "pshychrhritic" wards himself. :whistle:

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Nice sparkling coffee Carla! When we were little we all had sparkly dresses (three Sisters). It's very early in the morning. :mellow:

We are having a chinook, -1 here right now.

Alberta is going to the polls in early March and it's not even on CNN, what's up with that. B) Is there any hope that a Liberal Government will be voted in in our fine province?

:lol: about as likely as me being voted for sainthood :lol:

Anyone know??

Anyone been??

Known, been. Back when I was young, restless and living with my parents. Shiiiite, it was back in the late 80's :blink: :blink: (**, I'm old :crying: ).

Remember that it was quite lovely, lots of cheap shopping going on, beautiful strolls, and it smelled like pot every 20 steps.

Anyone know??

Anyone been??

Known, been. Back when I was young, restless and living with my parents. Shiiiite, it was back in the late 80's :blink: :blink: (**, I'm old :crying: ).

Remember that it was quite lovely, lots of cheap shopping going on, beautiful strolls, and it smelled like pot every 20 steps.

Ha!

Thanks Len....I guess staying at one of the eco-friendly out of the way places I am drawn to will be just that.

I am counting the days...

Blowing ice and sleet and snow and brrrr and there's this little squirrel I just saw from my window and my heart sank.

I have no peanuts.

How could I miss this opportunity?.... :innocent:

nutsah1.jpg

BAHAHAHAHA!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Over & out, Spirit

joseph23041977 wrote:

the dude is off his rocker and cannot spell, but I have to agree with him in part. I lived in AB for a while, and I have never encountered as much racism (open or covert) as I did in Deadmonton. It was NOT pretty. At all. :angry: :angry: :angry:

joseph23041977 wrote:

Yeah blink blink, no kidding!

What is up with that?!

Although....a report I heard not too long ago on CBC about all the immigrant workers in the oil fields there...there was much harassment of the visiting workers due to race and #### like that. It disgusts me.

Over & out, Spirit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.