thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

where is my landlord!!!

she said she'd be here late morning to fill the little hole under the sink.. it's 3 o'clock!!!

I've vacuumed, moped, dusted, cleaned the humidifier, had lunch, taken bax out, itemized things I need to photocopy for AOS, talked to my folks..

there's only so much!!

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
where is my landlord!!!

she said she'd be here late morning to fill the little hole under the sink.. it's 3 o'clock!!!

I've vacuumed, moped, dusted, cleaned the humidifier, had lunch, taken bax out, itemized things I need to photocopy for AOS, talked to my folks..

there's only so much!!

I know the feeling. She'll show up, don't worry. :thumbs:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Timeline
Hey that's great Candi and I hope you have a good day too Laura!

It's funny, on television just now, one of their 'helpful' hints was to use boiling water to kill weeds growing through concrete - yeah.

We have a parking spot in the back which has gravel, for the last 3 years or so we have been fighting weeds back there, we have used vinegar, boiling water, tons of roundup (which I don't like to use, but what are you going to do).

They come back bigger and better every year! In fact there are some back there that are bigger than any I have ever seen, about 5 feet tall.

They have morphed and there is no getting rid of them :ph34r:

I second those sentiments. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

To kill weeds, you need to figure out what kind of weed it is. Ragweed, Queen Anne's lace, Plantain, whatever. Usually your county extension agent or the Ministry of Agriculture or even the local library (and the net of course) can help you identify what you are dealing with. Then, before you use your favourite glyphosate (or agent orange or whatever herbicide you like), try to trace where the root system might be coming from. All weeds have root systems. I assume you've already tried pulling them out and it's a bit early to start with the more exotic solutions (propane torch, homemade flamethrower, backyard napalm, carpet bombing with a B-52 :wacko: ). One technique that works is to just keep cutting the weeds short. The effort it takes to keep regenerating zaps their strength and they die. Where is this weed problem, Alberta or the US?

In Alberta - but I have already found a solution! This house will be sold before spring :thumbs:

Now that's the Trailmix we know and love. :devil: Might have been fun to try a little carpet bombing. :lol:

BEST solution for weeds ANYWHERE:

Get rid of the garden - convert it into a parking lot and charge $$$$$ :devil::devil:

Where's your green thumb Len-hun?

You are kidding, right???? I am an asphalt flower sister :thumbs:

Legend has it Bren is the gardener here - we used to have all these really cool plants in Edmonton, which were adopted by a friend since we couldn't brng them with us.... and now he is already planting new ones. Me? I just stay away from them, otherwise they are likely to die a painful death :unsure:

Timeline
Hey that's great Candi and I hope you have a good day too Laura!

It's funny, on television just now, one of their 'helpful' hints was to use boiling water to kill weeds growing through concrete - yeah.

We have a parking spot in the back which has gravel, for the last 3 years or so we have been fighting weeds back there, we have used vinegar, boiling water, tons of roundup (which I don't like to use, but what are you going to do).

They come back bigger and better every year! In fact there are some back there that are bigger than any I have ever seen, about 5 feet tall.

They have morphed and there is no getting rid of them :ph34r:

I second those sentiments. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

To kill weeds, you need to figure out what kind of weed it is. Ragweed, Queen Anne's lace, Plantain, whatever. Usually your county extension agent or the Ministry of Agriculture or even the local library (and the net of course) can help you identify what you are dealing with. Then, before you use your favourite glyphosate (or agent orange or whatever herbicide you like), try to trace where the root system might be coming from. All weeds have root systems. I assume you've already tried pulling them out and it's a bit early to start with the more exotic solutions (propane torch, homemade flamethrower, backyard napalm, carpet bombing with a B-52 :wacko: ). One technique that works is to just keep cutting the weeds short. The effort it takes to keep regenerating zaps their strength and they die. Where is this weed problem, Alberta or the US?

In Alberta - but I have already found a solution! This house will be sold before spring :thumbs:

Now that's the Trailmix we know and love. :devil: Might have been fun to try a little carpet bombing. :lol:

BEST solution for weeds ANYWHERE:

Get rid of the garden - convert it into a parking lot and charge $$$$$ :devil::devil:

So you're the one who paved paradise and put up a parking lot. :lol: You sound just like my brothers. :lol: Proof positive you're my sister. Me, I like planting. Flowers, trees, vegetables, it's all good. A bit too slow, fat, weak to be planting quarterbacks these days. :lol:

IR5

Timeline
this is what we've got going on right now.. =)

crop_plants.jpg

ps.. post pics of your place!!

Oh my god!!! for a sec there I thought that was OUR studio area!!! :blink:

I will post pics when I get around to cleaning LOL

Lady Heather cleaning? Say it ain't so. :lol: I may have to hang up my ball gag. :lol:

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

crop_plants.jpg

Lady Heather cleaning? Say it ain't so. :lol: I may have to hang up my ball gag. :lol:

It is not and will never be so ---- I don't spent years in graduate school to clean :no:

But Liz's place showcases some very interesting objets d'arte... much more in Bren et moi's style!

Timeline

crop_plants.jpg

It is not and will never be so ---- I don't spent years in graduate school to clean :no:

But Liz's place showcases some very interesting objets d'arte... much more in Bren et moi's style!

Funny, I don't see any whips or chains in the picture. :lol:

IR5

Good morning! We had a lazy weekend. Went to a Wii, beer, wine and cheese get together on Saturday night, and had some great new cheeses I've never tried! Dubliner, Welsh cheddar were some new ones.

Coffee's on!

richcoffeezl1.jpg

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks Carla!!

I'm training my 'replacement' this week at work.. I'm THRILLED at that...

Still looking for work, but not really stressing at this point..

trying to stay positive :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Good morning! We had a lazy weekend. Went to a Wii, beer, wine and cheese get together on Saturday night, and had some great new cheeses I've never tried! Dubliner, Welsh cheddar were some new ones.

Coffee's on!

richcoffeezl1.jpg

coffee! *jumps in*

i'm happy on a monday morning, imagine that. maybe the giants need to beat NE every day :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.