thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
OMG, don't get me started on the "bunny"...a lot of our kids at school wear those "bunny" shirts with those sarcastic sayings. I'm definately NOT a fan...we teachers have enough sarcasm to deal with daily at our school , we certainly don't need this "bunny" helping matters any. :angry:

I like the bunny haha, but NOT for kids! What were they thinking. Kids are supposed to be kids and if you are 10 and have an 'edgy' sense of humour you are supposed to hide it from your parents, not flaunt it on your valentine's day cards.

True, and they do hide it well from their parents "My son/daughter did/said that? Oh no, that doesn't sound at ALL like him/her!" Oy Vey, how often have we heard THAT phrase? :lol:

No, the bunny is deffo not for the kids. Edgy sense of humour, well...it's just a bit disturbing to me to see 8 and 9 year olds with that kind of humour. Makes me wonder what they'll be like in a few years.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Good morning my friends. Here's a nice hot cup of coffee for you this morning. Smell the aroma! :lol:

hotsd8.jpg

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

yay nothing is better in the morning that steaming hot carla

coffee

:P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

I'm sitting here drinking my coffee and eating a nice hot cranberry blueberry bran muffin, fresh from the oven, and trying to catch up on all the posts since I've been away. I may throw in the towel soon soooooo..... congratulations, get well soon, that sux, yippeee, yay, how fascinating, I have one of those too, can it get any colder, welcome to VJ.

Fascinating reading on your gg grandfather, Trailmix. How rare that anyone knows, or has so much documented information, with pics, on their ancestors. You're very fortunate.

iagree.gif

Welcome back Krikit...you were missed! Hope your family enjoyed their trip. Did you enjoy your few days away? :)

Here is a bouquet of flowers for you! (F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)

Awwww. Thank you, Carla! I missed you guys too. :)

Yes, we had a wonderful holiday, and LOTS of laughs. Our hotel was fabulous, the beach was lovely, and the restaurants were amazing. My sister had read about Truluck's Seafood, Steak, and Crab House in Bon Appetite magazine so they took us there one night. If anyone's going to the Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Fort Lauderdale area I have some great recommendations.

Dropped them off at the airport late yesterday afternoon. I was very sad last night. Goodbyes are the worst. :(

iagree.gif

Dropped them off at the airport late yesterday afternoon. I was very sad last night. Goodbyes are the worst. :(

Agreed.

So what I have learnt from a friend and did it with my in-laws last week was only say:

"See you!"

Good byes are not real.

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Welcome back Krikit...you were missed! Hope your family enjoyed their trip. Did you enjoy your few days away? :)

Here is a bouquet of flowers for you! (F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)

Awwww. Thank you, Carla! I missed you guys too. :)

Yes, we had a wonderful holiday, and LOTS of laughs. Our hotel was fabulous, the beach was lovely, and the restaurants were amazing. My sister had read about Truluck's Seafood, Steak, and Crab House in Bon Appetite magazine so they took us there one night. If anyone's going to the Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Fort Lauderdale area I have some great recommendations.

Welcome back krikit!! Yes, it's sad when the visitors leave, sounds like you guys had a really good time though, the hotel/delray look gorgeous, the restaurant too, I don't personally eat most fish type items, but can appreciate it.

So when you and your Husband just decide to go to the beach for a weekend, where do you go? What's close but fun?

Yes, I'm glad I was able to dig up all that information on the gg Grandfather as well. That picture of him at the top of the page - I went to a seminar thing one evening at Fish Creek, it was about him and another man. So the next day I email the museum (the presenter worked there) as she had mentioned she had just happened to come across this photo of John Glenn.

So I get a copy. A few months later, when Fish Creek is doing their interpretational display, I give the organizer the museum file number so he can get a copy - plus permission or pay fees or whatever they want - turns out they can no longer find it - so I'm glad I did get that copy.

Thanks for the coffee Carla :)

Edited by trailmix

Glad to see you back hon!!! You were totally missed!!!

Sorry it was so hard :( It always is.

(F)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Agreed.

So what I have learnt from a friend and did it with my in-laws last week was only say:

"See you!"

Good byes are not real.

:star:

As I was hugging her goodbye I said "See you in a few minutes". It was totally accidental, but I think I'll say that from now on. lol

iagree.gif

Thanks for the welcome backs everyone! I missed you guys.

You know, that restaurant had the BEST steak I have ever had in the US to date. I had some of my husband's.... it was amazing. If we go back, that's what I'll order. lol

Our favourite beaches (so far) are Siesta Key in Sarasota and Anna Maria Island in Bradenton. The Gulf side has much finer and whiter sand, and more aquamarine water than the Atlantic side.

Thank goodness you were able to get a copy of that picture when you did, Trailmix.

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Thanks for the welcome backs everyone! I missed you guys.

You know, that restaurant had the BEST steak I have ever had in the US to date. I had some of my husband's.... it was amazing. If we go back, that's what I'll order. lol

Our favourite beaches (so far) are Siesta Key in Sarasota and Anna Maria Island in Bradenton. The Gulf side has much finer and whiter sand, and more aquamarine water than the Atlantic side.

Thank goodness you were able to get a copy of that picture when you did, Trailmix.

A belated welcome back to you Krikit. I'm so glad that you had an enjoyable vacation in Florida. I hope all those good times haven't taken the song out of your heart. :lol: There's no such thing as good bye only until next time. I think a great many people don't do good byes very well, I know I don't. Must be the clouds in my eyes.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

A belated welcome back to you Krikit. I'm so glad that you had an enjoyable vacation in Florida. I hope all those good times haven't taken the song out of your heart. :lol: There's no such thing as good bye only until next time. I think a great many people don't do good byes very well, I know I don't. Must be the clouds in my eyes.

Would that song be "Daniel"? ;)

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Would that song be "Daniel"? ;)

Either that or Life is a Rock. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Welcome back Krikit! It's always nice to have everyone back...and Len's back too I see! You both have been missed! :thumbs:

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.