thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Here's my stuff.. couldn't find any glucose meters.. but i'll keep my eyes open! - We spent less than $2.00 for ALL this stuff!

That is TOO funny that you took a pic of all your stuff. lol. But I'm so glad you did because I'm a visual learner. WOW! $2.00 for ALL THAT STUFF!!! That's awesome. :thumbs:

Well the best part about the day yesterday was I scored 2 spa gift certificates on Freecycle as well!! It was a banner day for Freebies!! :thumbs:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Good morning peeps! Had a nice weekend here. We went to a Chris Botti concert on Saturday night. Very good! Then went geocaching on Sunday. Yesterday we went to visit Daniel Boone's home.

Great deal Emancipation...you're a great coupon shopper! :thumbs:

KarenCee...does every "snow" day there result in you going one day longer at the end of the year?

Here's coffee, and a few treats. Notice the whipped cream? mmmmmmmmmm

urnlw1.jpg

By carlawarla

We have two days built in as emergency days and we've already used those. So yeah, from here on out anymore days missed due to weather (or whatever) will result in the school year going longer.

:blink: Can you believe this???? Just the THREAT of freezing rain has closed our school system. Oy Vey! Now this makes two days we have to make up....argh! It would have been nice if the buses could have ran, brought the kiddies to school, and THEN decide to call school off...it would have been counted as a day of school. *sigh* Oh well...it is in the best interest of the kids. I just hate having to give up another one of our planned days off before the end of school.

For the Canadians who come from a snowy climate, this just sounds crazy. But my husband says they close schools in the US due to the litigious nature of the American society. I worked at a College in Canada. I loved snow days, but they were few and far between. I would just work from home if it looked too crazy out. Sometimes they didn't announce school closures until after a certain time of day. That's because they would still receive the government funding for that day. Closures prior to that magic hour were not funded. Plus, they'd have to make up the days like your school system does, Karen. Anyway.... I've said WAY more than I had initially intended. What I really meant to say was.... Enjoy your day off!!!! :lol:

He's right...unfortunately. I do wish there were some way we could work from home when these type days happen. I do work on plans and such, but that doesn't count as far as work in the eyes of the school board. Yup, I'll definately enjoy the day off...I have another day with our daughter and my husband doesn't leave for work til 1:30. :D

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

yay carlacoffee is ready :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Here's my stuff.. couldn't find any glucose meters.. but i'll keep my eyes open! - We spent less than $2.00 for ALL this stuff!

That is TOO funny that you took a pic of all your stuff. lol. But I'm so glad you did because I'm a visual learner. WOW! $2.00 for ALL THAT STUFF!!! That's awesome. :thumbs:

Well the best part about the day yesterday was I scored 2 spa gift certificates on Freecycle as well!! It was a banner day for Freebies!! :thumbs:

Wow, you had a lucky day! I'm an AVID freecyler. Everyone should join!

Good morning peeps! Had a nice weekend here. We went to a Chris Botti concert on Saturday night. Very good! Then went geocaching on Sunday. Yesterday we went to visit Daniel Boone's home.

Thanks for the CarlaCoffeeTMCarla! It looks delish. Had to go to the Chris Botti site to see who he is. The track playing through the intro sounds haunting. It was lovely. When I read "To me, music that breaks your heart is the music that stays with you forever." he had me. I love when the beauty of something -- whether it is music or performance art or whatever -- moves me to tears.

I hear you on the "beauty of something..." I cry sometimes seeing a sunset.... Gene and I are so perfect together...not because he cries at the same things as I, but that he loves me more because I feel those types of things so strongly that I DO cry.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline
I hear you on the "beauty of something..." I cry sometimes seeing a sunset.... Gene and I are so perfect together...not because he cries at the same things as I, but that he loves me more because I feel those types of things so strongly that I DO cry.

Gosh, I'm like that too! I've been moved to tears at the beauty of sunsets, sunrises, breathtaking scenery.... you name it, I cry. LOL. My husband says it's a gift.

What is Freecycle?

iagree.gif

Timeline

What is Freecycle?

It's an online community that trades things for free - you post what you have for free, and read the offers from the other members.. i've seen everything from miniature ponies to oak tables given away!!

http://www.freecycle.org/

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm the same way in that certain things affect me so deeply that I get emotional, whether I cry or laugh...and Joel feels the same way about me too Carla. He doesn't want me to suppress that part of me and for years I had to, because of my prior relationship. The freedom to express myself this way...it never ceases to amaze me! He supports that part of me to the fullest extent and that's just one more reason why I love him as much as I do. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline

I'm the same way in that certain things affect me so deeply that I get emotional, whether I cry or laugh...and Joel feels the same way about me too Carla. He doesn't want me to suppress that part of me and for years I had to, because of my prior relationship. The freedom to express myself this way...it never ceases to amaze me! He supports that part of me to the fullest extent and that's just one more reason why I love him as much as I do. :)

Awe... i'm so happy that you two have found such a love as this... how beautiful! :luv:

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Filed: Timeline
It's an online community that trades things for free - you post what you have for free, and read the offers from the other members.. i've seen everything from miniature ponies to oak tables given away!!

That is so far removed from what I thought it was. I was thinking along the lines of bicycling/spinning. :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

That is so far removed from what I thought it was. I was thinking along the lines of bicycling/spinning. :lol:

lol!! the only think i recommend is making up an e-mail address for JUST freecycling.. you can get a TONNE of e-mails from subscribing to this.. I think i have 1400 e-mails in my "dummy" freecycle account!

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Carla, you have your own trademark coffee!

Come on sunshine hours! It's 7:50 and still pretty dark out here, I mean really.

IR5 I didn't really get your questions, does this mean I have to relinquish my membership in the Canada forum? If so is there another forum I should go to, like UK or Mena or? Actually, because I was out of the country during high school I have a lot those moments where people go, oh and remember THIS or they make some joke and I have no idea what they are talking about. :blink:

Edited by trailmix

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
you can be an honorary-canuck

an OT refugee, if you will =)

Hahaha "OT refugee"

rhymeswithcandi - we suggest you come for coffee in the Canada OT forum and every time you post no one is here! :lol:

I'm concerned you will be getting paranoid thinking you are killing the thread each time!

Anyway, what rhymes with candi? Mandy, Sandy, memimomandy - candi?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
you can be an honorary-canuck

an OT refugee, if you will =)

Hahaha "OT refugee"

rhymeswithcandi - we suggest you come for coffee in the Canada OT forum and every time you post no one is here! :lol:

I'm concerned you will be getting paranoid thinking you are killing the thread each time!

Anyway, what rhymes with candi? Mandy, Sandy, memimomandy - candi?

Thank you for being concerned... makes me feel important :) I was busy debating in AOS :blink: I think I'm going to have to agree to disagree at this point :)

Haha... Mandi rhymes with Candi :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.