thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone! Haha... yea trailmix that map did show the US as being a little bigger than it is. My husband and I have a world map shower curtain and he's proud of the fact that he can name all the provinces and territories. PEI isn't on it though (weird)

Re Airmiles - my husband has a rewards VISA card and he gets airmiles when he uses that card... and it's true, there are a lot of great rewards cards in the states.

I rushed down to meet the postman this morning (like I do every day) but nothing from my friends at USCIS... I feel so rejected :(

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi everyone! Haha... yea trailmix that map did show the US as being a little bigger than it is. My husband and I have a world map shower curtain and he's proud of the fact that he can name all the provinces and territories. PEI isn't on it though (weird)

Re Airmiles - my husband has a rewards VISA card and he gets airmiles when he uses that card... and it's true, there are a lot of great rewards cards in the states.

I rushed down to meet the postman this morning (like I do every day) but nothing from my friends at USCIS... I feel so rejected :(

ok, your shower curtain map takes the prize then, while the one I posted had bad scale, yours is missing a province!!

Yeah the map sucked, I have to agree.

Sorry your buddies at USCIS are not writing - soon!!

Sometimes my Husband and I do a thing where we name all the States - yes, we are fun people.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Haha... My husband and I play geography games too! I totally kick his but at American geography and he hates it. I can name them all alphabetically. We've both travelled a lot so we play this game where one of us names a city and the other has to say which country it's in. Sounds kinda easy until you get into like African and former Soviet countries - those ones are tricky :) We're fun people too lol

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just came back from visiting family in Toronto - I met my brand new niece for the first time!

First time in Canada since last May, and I discovered Timmys on the NY thruway on the way back! No more smuggling sandwiches and donuts across the border :innocent:

Heading Home!

Naturalization

Feb 28/2011 - sent paperwork

Mar 3/11 - received text & email notification - they have it!

Mar 15/11 - text, email, and notice sent - biometrics booked

April 12/11 - biometrics done - I start studying

May - get the letter

June 27 - Interview and oath ceremony - same day

Lifting Conditions

Feb 5/08 - Sent paperwork by USPS - priority

Feb 14/08 - NOA issued

Feb 28/08 - Biometrics letter received for The Bronx Office - have to reschedule

Mar 22/08 - Biometrics rescheduled - LOVE the Saturday appointment!

Feb ?/09 - done!

I'M HIGHLY OPINIONATED WHEN I WANT TO BE, BUT I NEVER SAID I WAS RIGHT

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Haha... My husband and I play geography games too! I totally kick his but at American geography and he hates it. I can name them all alphabetically. We've both travelled a lot so we play this game where one of us names a city and the other has to say which country it's in. Sounds kinda easy until you get into like African and former Soviet countries - those ones are tricky :) We're fun people too lol

lol that's funny, we also do an 'international' version where we have to name cities and sometimes countries and we go through the alphabet weeeeeee

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
BTW, has anyone made Charles an honourary Canadian yet? :D

:no: i'm studying up though :thumbs: i can identify a tim horton's 2 out of 3 tries :D

Hmm yes, perhaps we should devise a quiz for Charles.

1. Charles is Baffin Island in Canada?

gee didn't mean to start map wars :unsure:

and yes it is.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
ok you're in, no preliminary visas here so nessa is in too. easy.

Only one question before Charles reaches the Don Cherry level of Canuckdom. Explain any two of the following (most Canucks don't know these so if you don't get it maybe some of my fellow Canuckleheads will help):

1. Polar Sea and/or Manhattan

2. Dammit, Les, you pissed on my rug!

3. Manicouagan Fu**-You Call (this one's too easy)

*wondering how many people are going to answer one of these or all three?*

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Well.... let me see..

I've got a coupon for a $25.00 gift card for CVS when you fill a new prescription so i'll start with $25.00 of free money for filling my BC prescription..

Then they have spend $20.00 on Proctor Gamble stuff get ECB's for $5.00 PLUS i have a spend $20.00 get $4.00 off.. so i'll get $20.00 of stuff for $11.00 (which is all free moneY)..

Then I'll do another purchase with a spend 10.00 get 2.00 off.. have a bunch of coupons and we'll be getting loads of stuff for FREE :) tee hee.. I'm a bargin shopper for sure..

PLUS i have a $20.00 off glucose meter(makes it free).. I'm not diabetic but i'll donate it to a charity..

I'll do as much with my ECB's as i possibly can ! :)

100_2657.jpg

Here's my stuff.. couldn't find any glucose meters.. but i'll keep my eyes open! - We spent less than $2.00 for ALL this stuff!

Edited by Emancipation

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
:blink: Can you believe this???? Just the THREAT of freezing rain has closed our school system. Oy Vey! Now this makes two days we have to make up....argh! It would have been nice if the buses could have ran, brought the kiddies to school, and THEN decide to call school off...it would have been counted as a day of school. *sigh* Oh well...it is in the best interest of the kids. I just hate having to give up another one of our planned days off before the end of school.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Good morning peeps! Had a nice weekend here. We went to a Chris Botti concert on Saturday night. Very good! Then went geocaching on Sunday. Yesterday we went to visit Daniel Boone's home.

Great deal Emancipation...you're a great coupon shopper! :thumbs:

KarenCee...does every "snow" day there result in you going one day longer at the end of the year?

Here's coffee, and a few treats. Notice the whipped cream? mmmmmmmmmm

urnlw1.jpg

By carlawarla

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline
Haha... My husband and I play geography games too! I totally kick his but at American geography and he hates it. I can name them all alphabetically. We've both travelled a lot so we play this game where one of us names a city and the other has to say which country it's in. Sounds kinda easy until you get into like African and former Soviet countries - those ones are tricky :)We're fun people too lol

:lol:

ok you're in, no preliminary visas here so nessa is in too. easy.

Only one question before Charles reaches the Don Cherry level of Canuckdom. Explain any two of the following (most Canucks don't know these so if you don't get it maybe some of my fellow Canuckleheads will help):

1. Polar Sea and/or Manhattan

2. Dammit, Les, you pissed on my rug!

3. Manicouagan Fu**-You Call (this one's too easy)

*wondering how many people are going to answer one of these or all three?*

:blink:

Here's my stuff.. couldn't find any glucose meters.. but i'll keep my eyes open! - We spent less than $2.00 for ALL this stuff!

That is TOO funny that you took a pic of all your stuff. lol. But I'm so glad you did because I'm a visual learner. WOW! $2.00 for ALL THAT STUFF!!! That's awesome. :thumbs:

:blink: Can you believe this???? Just the THREAT of freezing rain has closed our school system. Oy Vey! Now this makes two days we have to make up....argh! It would have been nice if the buses could have ran, brought the kiddies to school, and THEN decide to call school off...it would have been counted as a day of school. *sigh* Oh well...it is in the best interest of the kids. I just hate having to give up another one of our planned days off before the end of school.

For the Canadians who come from a snowy climate, this just sounds crazy. But my husband says they close schools in the US due to the litigious nature of the American society. I worked at a College in Canada. I loved snow days, but they were few and far between. I would just work from home if it looked too crazy out. Sometimes they didn't announce school closures until after a certain time of day. That's because they would still receive the government funding for that day. Closures prior to that magic hour were not funded. Plus, they'd have to make up the days like your school system does, Karen. Anyway.... I've said WAY more than I had initially intended. What I really meant to say was.... Enjoy your day off!!!! :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: Timeline
Good morning peeps! Had a nice weekend here. We went to a Chris Botti concert on Saturday night. Very good! Then went geocaching on Sunday. Yesterday we went to visit Daniel Boone's home.

Thanks for the CarlaCoffeeTMCarla! It looks delish. Had to go to the Chris Botti site to see who he is. The track playing through the intro sounds haunting. It was lovely. When I read "To me, music that breaks your heart is the music that stays with you forever." he had me. I love when the beauty of something -- whether it is music or performance art or whatever -- moves me to tears.

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.