thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Mild positive hysteria ensues again.

My head hurts. I need a stiff drink.

Wow. What a ride, Cassie. No wonder your head hurts. Congratulations to you and your Mom! (As a side note... I registered as a bone marrow donor years ago but have never received a call. I think that's a good thing. :unsure: )

iagree.gif

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I lost my diamond earring down the drain, it's the 2nd one I have lost that way, told husband I need diamonds big enough that they won't go down the drain (could get a drain catcher i guess haha). I hurt my tooth and didn't feel good all day. I'm happy it is Monday :hehe:

Ohmygosh, I've lost two diamond earrings and two diamonds from two different rings over the years. :crying: I still feel sick about it, as I'm sure you do too. So now I get my rings checked regularly. As for the earrings.... my husband gave me diamond earrings for Mother's Day last year because he knew I'd be heartbroken about not being with my Mom or my kids for the first time in forever. I had always told him I don't want real diamonds because I was scared I would lose them. But these ones are different. The post is like a finely threaded screw, and the backs wind on for maybe a million times so they don't fall off. You'd have to lose your entire earlobe to lose these puppies. You can get the jeweller to reset the stone to this new type..... when your husband goes to buy the replacement earring. :whistle:

Actually it's funny, this time I was kind of philosophical about losing the earring, it was kind of like - well there goes another earring :lol:

So it's a balmy 8-10 degrees here in cowtown, we are having a chinook and they are warning about snow tonight on some channels and on others, clear and chilly tomorrow. It does not matter since I'm not really leaving the house much until Spring (F)

Edited by trailmix

Aww Trailmix!! I'm sorry about your earring :(

That sucks!

Get better Cassie! (F)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Mild positive hysteria ensues again.

My head hurts. I need a stiff drink.

Wow. What a ride, Cassie. No wonder your head hurts. Congratulations to you and your Mom! (As a side note... I registered as a bone marrow donor years ago but have never received a call. I think that's a good thing. :unsure: )

My brother and I both registered while we were in university (mid-90s) on the unrelated bone marrow registry. He got a phone call in the late fall (2007)-- at first he thought something had gone wrong with Mom's transplant that had just taken place, until they explained that he was one of four possible donors for someone. I need to ask him if anything will be happening with that, I think he had to go have some blood taken again and they would get back in touch with him.

Edited by Cassie

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Just quit my job people.. it was a long time coming.. thankfully my hubby works at the same company so i'll still keep my health benefits.. :P On to bigger and better things.. although I have no idea at this point what those are!

Bravo woman! Been thinking of doing the same thing m'self. Better things are on the horizon, no doubt! :thumbs:

Cassie: Wow, what a see-saw kind of day you've had! Congrats on the ratio news...let's hope it stays going in that direction. (F)

Edited by KarenCee

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Cassie: Wow, what a see-saw kind of day you've had! Congrats on the ratio news...let's hope it stays going in that direction. (F)

Amen to that :) I was thinking of you and your beloved mom today through all of this. I'll have to PM you about it.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Amen to that :) I was thinking of you and your beloved mom today through all of this. I'll have to PM you about it.

Anytime :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Good morning, friends. Coffee's ready.

cafelattezs6.jpg

coffee! :dance::dance::dance:

today is new dvd day too! :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Thanks for the coffee Krikit! Bouquets (F)(F)(F)(F) to all of you that have had very eventful days! Emancipation for leaving your cruddy job....yeah! Cassie for your horrible up and down phone call...but glad things are straightened out and much better than first anticipated...trailmix for losing your earring..I'm sorry! Hope I didn't forget anyone! Thinking about you all, and hoping your day is fabulous today!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
coffee! :dance::dance::dance:

today is new dvd day too! :dance:

New dvd day? :unsure:

movies are released on dvd every tuesday. today it's "good luck chuck" and others. :dance:

Thanks for the coffee Krikit! Bouquets (F)(F)(F)(F) to all of you that have had very eventful days! Emancipation for leaving your cruddy job....yeah! Cassie for your horrible up and down phone call...but glad things are straightened out and much better than first anticipated...trailmix for losing your earring..I'm sorry! Hope I didn't forget anyone! Thinking about you all, and hoping your day is fabulous today!

:bonk::crying:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So just got an appointment with a temp agency in Hartford for tomorrow!! YEAH!!!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Good morning, friends. Coffee's ready.

cafelattezs6.jpg

Thank you Thank you (F)

Good Morning all :)

So just got an appointment with a temp agency in Hartford for tomorrow!! YEAH!!!

Sweet!! Congrats and good luck E!!! What type of work are you interested in doing?

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sweet!! Congrats and good luck E!!! What type of work are you interested in doing?

Well i've been an office manager for the past 6-7 years.. so that's what I know..

WHY I didn't go back to school after my divorce.. i have NO idea.. I'd rather be doing other things.. but not really qualified with just an "Arts" Degree. :P

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.