• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I saw the weirdest thing the other day- I was at a local mall and they had a teeth whitening thing right in the middle of the mall. It was $99 and people were on these dentist chairs with the big things in their mouths and the UV machine over it.

Wow. Way to market, Dr D. Not too sure I'd go for it in a mall. (What if someone makes me laugh and I start choking? You have to think about these things. :lol: ) But it does cost a lot more than that, normally, doesn't it? So I'm thinking it's a great deal. Unless, of course, you die of laughter. :unsure:

I though $99 seemed like a good deal too. I would get it done- just not in the middle of the mall with people walking by and staring.

I would soooo have it done in the mall! no problemo (easy to say right now as I'm not in the mall)

Timeline
I would soooo have it done in the mall! no problemo (easy to say right now as I'm not in the mall)

And you don't have me pointing and laughing at you. :innocent:

Good point!

Blah about the emergency landing of the Air Canada jet in Calgary earlier today. So far everyone is 'ok', few in hospital in serious condition though. They are saying it was turbulance - but now saying it might have been a hardware or software malfunction.

The plane tipped and some people were thrown to the ceiling.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Blah about the emergency landing of the Air Canada jet in Calgary earlier today. So far everyone is 'ok', few in hospital in serious condition though. They are saying it was turbulance - but now saying it might have been a hardware or software malfunction.

Just read that on CBC.ca... I always send those avation bits to my hubby who knows planes.. he always fills me in on exactly what causes stuff like this what might have happened (in his expert opinion). :) He's so smart.... :luv:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Timeline

:o Apparently I need to keep up with Canadian news.

iagree.gif

Timeline

Just read that on CBC.ca... I always send those avation bits to my hubby who knows planes.. he always fills me in on exactly what causes stuff like this what might have happened (in his expert opinion). :) He's so smart.... :luv:

So what's his take on it? The guy on the news said he didn't think it was turbulance because planes were still flying in that corridor during that time - plus someone had heard that the captain said it was a plane malfunction.

Timeline

probably idiots with their seatbelts off!! lol When u were flying back to DC from xmas holidays, the last portion from Toronto to DC was super rough! So rough the stewardess stated over the intercomm,that she would not be leaving her seat unless it was an emergency!! But a few people still figured it would be ok to get up!! I miss my Air force days on the CP 140 Aurora (P3C)! Nothing like being over the ocean at 100 ft

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
So what's his take on it? The guy on the news said he didn't think it was turbulance because planes were still flying in that corridor during that time - plus someone had heard that the captain said it was a plane malfunction.

Okay, so just went into his office to ask.. he said "well if there IS turbulance the first thing they do is to get people sitting down with their seatbelts on.. so what were those people doing without seatbelts anyway?"... (kinda serves em right stuff)..

He also said "Passengers reported a sudden jolt in the air that lasted about 15 seconds." that it might have SEEMED like 15 seconds, but probably wasn't quite that long..

He said the flight data recorder would tell them everything they needed to know..

Basically he was questioning the passengers who were hurt - WHY they were hurt - if they had their seatbelts on they woudln't have been injured (ie. hit the ceiling).. :)

He's a mechanic - so lets throw that into the mix.. he always sides with the mechanics and pilots :) tee hee...

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

In my many landings never had a problem!! But I guess if ya landed hard enough and u were siting at an awkard angle, u could get hurt.

As well, many that were their seatbelts, dont wear them that tight or even have them fully extended,which is pretty much useless! Your not just doing this for ur own safety, but for others around ya!! If it aint secured down securely, it (or u) can become a projectile!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
OMG, Trailmix, I was just in the "your town" thread. You are hilarious! :lol:

haha !

supervisor.jpg

One of my cats looks just like that. No wonder he barely makes a sound at home, too busy speaking on the phone at work. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

DOes anyone know of a good air purifier? Oliver has really bad allergies and so I'm looking for a good one..

hence also my excitement about the Dyson Animal/Allergy DC17 vacuum..

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Timeline

We just bought one last month, I really like it, it seems to work really well. We wanted one and were considering one of the ionic pros as my Sister really likes hers - however - she also got my Mom one and since then she has had two respiratory infections. By chance my Husband came across a lot of information that they aren't really very good for you and some reports that they cause RI's - so decided not to get one (may or may not be true).

We chose the Honeywell, (bought it at London Drugs). I like that it has a Hepa filter that lasts several years (they say you don't have to replace it but I believe the instructions said you should every 5 or 6 years) and it also has a carbon pre-filter that only needs to be replaced about once a year or less and on the low setting it's quite quiet.

1851146_medium.jpg

Honeywell True Hepa Air Purifier - 10590 N

• New LifeTime Hepa Permanent filter is vacuum-able and never needs replacement

• Activated carbon pre-filter helps reduce odours and protects HEPA life

• Reduces up to 100% of bacteria and germs

• 3-speeds

• Room size 10 x 11

CAD $119.99

Brand Honeywell

Colour White

Hepa Filter Yes

Model 10590N

Multi Speed 3 speeds

Number of Filters 1 LifeTime permanent filter **there are actually two, has a carbon pre-filter as well.

Room size ie 900 sq ft 110 sq ft

Here is info on the Hepa filter used in this model: *($19.99 at amazon.com) (Universal Replacement HEPA Filter Part # HRF-11)

The Honeywell Universal True HEPA Replacement Filter is 99.97% effective at capturing particles such as household dust, smoke, pollen, mold spores and cat dander*. This universal filter is designed to replace Honeywell True HEPA filter numbers 20500 and 20590.

The carbon filter is Universal Replacement Prefilter Part #38002 ($10.75 at amazon.com) (Can probably find the filters cheaper elsewhere, but it gives you a ballpark figure. With the carbon filter it is a 'cut to size' so you probably get 2-3 from each one purchased.

I found the actual unit at Grand and Toy in the U.S. for $ 125.99 - can probably find it elsewhere too :)

Edited by trailmix

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.