thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

I might even own an Anne Murray album or two!!! (NOT)

GOD NO!!!! :protest:

Oh good, you said (Not) I feel better now :oops:

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

*starts an Anne Murray bonfire, dances around it*

I had to stare at those CDs all the time at work... -_-

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Someone hacked in to my ebay account today and bid on 22 mobile phones on ebay.uk

It's really weird and I wouldn't have known except the thief tried to change the email address on my account (haven't looked at my ebay account in several months).

You know how you get those phishing emails from 'ebay' periodically which are obvious frauds, well I think they are obvious. Anyway I see this email come in today and I'm thinking - yeah, but I open it and it's not a fraud, it has my name, my login name etc at the top. So I go to ebay and log in and there is a copy of said email in 'my messages' - so it is legit - confirming my change of email address on the account.

Look further, here are all these items I have 'won' and several more that are pending. I contacted ebay security and they managed to cancel 18 of the auctions the dim wit was bidding on - but how inconvenient is that for the people who were selling those items?

I'm just glad my login for ebay and paypal are different.

So I had to change all my passwords, including my email password. Dweebssss!

do you by any chance have any programs that check both antivirus and spyware? it sounds like you might have a keylogger.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
do you by any chance have any programs that check both antivirus and spyware? it sounds like you might have a keylogger.

I did, apparently it may not have been very good (not sure if it was that but it crossed my mind) - so formatted the drive and reinstalled windows, got new antivirus software, very annoying.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

For those applying for or already applied for EI... I posted this in the pinned thread:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=1273347

I know I can do telephone reporting, but I'd rather mail it in so that there's an actual papertrail.

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I did, apparently it may not have been very good (not sure if it was that but it crossed my mind) - so formatted the drive and reinstalled windows, got new antivirus software, very annoying.

A good program to use (although it does cost) is called ScanSpyware. It seems to catch everything that Ad-Aware and SpyBot tend to miss. I still use those two as well (I also run SpywareBlaster too), but I'd definitely recommend getting ScanSpyware, if nothing else.

Of course, make sure to run a firewall and a virus scanner. Two good ones that're easy to come by are ZoneAlarm and AVG Anti-Virus. There are others of course, but I really like those, since they don't hog system resources or mess up the OS (like McAfee and Norton usually do).

Timeline

A good program to use (although it does cost) is called ScanSpyware. It seems to catch everything that Ad-Aware and SpyBot tend to miss. I still use those two as well (I also run SpywareBlaster too), but I'd definitely recommend getting ScanSpyware, if nothing else.

Of course, make sure to run a firewall and a virus scanner. Two good ones that're easy to come by are ZoneAlarm and AVG Anti-Virus. There are others of course, but I really like those, since they don't hog system resources or mess up the OS (like McAfee and Norton usually do).

AVG was what I was using - however I still don't know if it was keylogging or not, nothing else was compromised, just cleaned it all up to make sure. Also use Ad-aware and use spybot from time to time.

I suspect it has more to do with Ebay and less to do with my computer. It had been months since I had logged in to ebay.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
For those applying for or already applied for EI... I posted this in the pinned thread:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=1273347

I know I can do telephone reporting, but I'd rather mail it in so that there's an actual papertrail.

I didn't know that we could do telephone reporting .. hmmm .. do you have more info?

Met in Cleveland 07/07/05 ... Fireworks!!!

Emails and phone calls until first visit back September '05

Many trips to Cleveland and overnight stays in New York

Engaged 05/07/06

07/18/07 - Interview yeeehaaa .. approved

07/26/07 - received Visa from Montreal (should have received 07/24)

07/26/07 - POE Buffalo, NY (Peace Bridge) .. No EAD stamp

07/27/07 - Beautiful marriage .. now you may call me Mrs. :)

07/28/07 - Filed AOS,EAD, and AP for me and AOS and AP for my son via UPS .. received 08/01

08/16/07 - applied for ssn

09/03/07 - received ssn card

11/07/07 - AP approved and received 11/12/07 :)

11/19/07- EAD approved online and received same day (actual approval 11/07/07) :)

12/27/07 - AOS transferred to CSC

02/26/08 - 485's approved without interview

01/14/09 - Sent I-751 - removal of conditions

02/23/10 - Biometrics

03/17/10 - Removal of conditions approved .. card production ordered

"Life is not measured by the amount of breaths that we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I didn't know that we could do telephone reporting .. hmmm .. do you have more info?

I don't, but I think several others (mephys comes to mind) do telephone reporting. I think... maybe emancipation did?

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't, but I think several others (mephys comes to mind) do telephone reporting. I think... maybe emancipation did?

I never did it personally, but I've read loads of people who had like a month of cards to submit and when they were talking to Out of Country Claims office basically asked nicely for them to take the cards over the phone instead of filing a whole group of cards at one time via mail. It's not like in Canada that there is a dedicated line for it, it's just when you are talking to the gals ask them nicely with loads of sugar on top to take your cards "while you got 'em on the line"..

I think it's kinda a one time deal though, not like every week you can call in your cards.. That's my guesstimation.

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

There was a mix up in my cards not being mailed to me for several weeks, and I phoned EI. They didn't know what happened, but took myinformation over the phone. I asked if I couldn't just always do my reporting by phone and the lady said no, unfortunately, out of country claims can only mail in their reports except for exceptions like I was experiencing. I was thankful that incident only happened once. Otherwise, my cards and monies are always on time and deposited as per schedule.

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

VJ can be grim at times, but for the most part us canucks try to remain positive!! Just ignore the negative people as much as possible!! Don't feed them anything to get them started,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
VJ can be grim at times, but for the most part us canucks try to remain positive!! Just ignore the negative people as much as possible!! Don't feed them anything to get them started,lol

Speaking of food, I think it is lunch time!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.