64 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Update: Received a text message from the USCIS today confirming receipt of my I-765 application (filed concurrently with my I-485). Just waiting on the receipt notice in the post which will contain my access code. 

Checks are yet to have been cashed. 

Hope that those waiting too also receive positive news within the coming days 🙂

1 hour ago, Cisse913 said:

Update: Received a text message from the USCIS today confirming receipt of my I-765 application (filed concurrently with my I-485). Just waiting on the receipt notice in the post which will contain my access code. 

You can talk to a Live agent through Ask Emma to get your access code. You just mention you don't have your case number and provide your details. They can give you the receipt number as well as your online access code. This allowed me to find when my biometrics was scheduled. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, J2022 said:

You can talk to a Live agent through Ask Emma to get your access code. You just mention you don't have your case number and provide your details. They can give you the receipt number as well as your online access code. This allowed me to find when my biometrics was scheduled. 

Thank you for the information here. Earlier today I contacted Ask Emma to obtain my access code. The agent claimed that they were unable to provide me with my access code, and I would have to wait 7 days for another agent to provide this information. Do you think it is worthwhile me phoning the USCIS to obtain access code? Also, do you know whether it is possible to bring my biometrics date forward? I have just been offered a job, and don't want to lose the opportunity so keen to do everything in my control to obtain the EAD ASAP. 

11 hours ago, Cisse913 said:

Thank you for the information here. Earlier today I contacted Ask Emma to obtain my access code. The agent claimed that they were unable to provide me with my access code, and I would have to wait 7 days for another agent to provide this information. Do you think it is worthwhile me phoning the USCIS to obtain access code? Also, do you know whether it is possible to bring my biometrics date forward? I have just been offered a job, and don't want to lose the opportunity so keen to do everything in my control to obtain the EAD ASAP. 

It all honestly depends on the agent you get. I had to go through 3 before I got an agent that gave me the codes. I am not sure about bringing the date forward, but once you get the biometrics appointment, you can contact USCIS and talk about rescheduling. 

Hi All,

I’ve been a silent reader here since we started our journey for K1 Visa.

Just sharing our timeline for our AOS April 2024

15 April 2024 - mailed I-485 and I-765 via USPS to Chicago lockbox

18 Apr 2024 - USPS confirmed delivered

25 Apr 2024 - Credit Card charged $1440 / SMS Acceptance Notice

30 Apr 2024 - Notice received in post box

1 May 2024 - Case updated Biometric Scheduled

7 May 2024 - 3 Notice of Actions received in post box - Biometrics Schedule/Payment Info/Online Access Code

17 May 2024 - Biometric Schedule, once done case changed to “Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS”

7 Jun 2024 - AED Approved

18 Jun 2024 - AED Card Produced

Hopefully will receive the card next week.

I-485 is still “Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS” since 17 May 2024

Good luck to All of Us😊

Hello again AOS fillers 2024, 

just checked our status online and "my progress" time went up from 4months to 19months!

how accurate is that time frame they give? 

my wife is currently under DACA and weve been married for years, have two kids, we both have clean records, and im a USC. 

I was thinking this process was going to be much faster and easier, but i get it We arent the only case pending for AOS.

Anyone want yo update us on their april 2024 AOS case status? 

Timeline
On 6/18/2024 at 11:37 PM, TheresaAngelica said:

Hi All,

I’ve been a silent reader here since we started our journey for K1 Visa.

Just sharing our timeline for our AOS April 2024

15 April 2024 - mailed I-485 and I-765 via USPS to Chicago lockbox

18 Apr 2024 - USPS confirmed delivered

25 Apr 2024 - Credit Card charged $1440 / SMS Acceptance Notice

30 Apr 2024 - Notice received in post box

1 May 2024 - Case updated Biometric Scheduled

7 May 2024 - 3 Notice of Actions received in post box - Biometrics Schedule/Payment Info/Online Access Code

17 May 2024 - Biometric Schedule, once done case changed to “Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS”

7 Jun 2024 - AED Approved

18 Jun 2024 - AED Card Produced

Hopefully will receive the card next week.

I-485 is still “Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS” since 17 May 2024

Good luck to All of Us😊

My filing, delivery and lockbox location were same as yours. My checks have just been cashed having returned my failed package to the USCIS. Currently waiting to receive receipt notice in post, and advance from there. Best of luck to all on this very long journey 🙂

Timeline
9 hours ago, Cisse913 said:

My filing, delivery and lockbox location were same as yours. My checks have just been cashed having returned my failed package to the USCIS. Currently waiting to receive receipt notice in post, and advance from there. Best of luck to all on this very long journey 🙂

This is amazing. I'm so happy for you. I'm still waiting on my NOA. Contact USCIS and I'm waiting on there reply. 

Timeline
On 6/10/2024 at 2:30 PM, J2022 said:

Just wanted to give an update on our case. Our I-485 packet was received at the Chicago Lockbox (UPS) on April 17th. We received the 797 notice of receipt on June 6th. After receiving the receipt, we went online and created an account on MyUSCIS and added the case. We looked at the case and it looked like biometrics was already scheduled. We were able to download the biometrics appointment. Hope this gives everyone a bit of hope that you should get your notice soon!

Ooh woow. Congratulations. That takes a very longtime.

Timeline
On 6/11/2024 at 9:11 PM, Cisse913 said:

Update: I have just received my returned package in the post. My I-485 and I-765 applications were rejected due to Capital One declining the payment from Chicago Lockbox (Capital One believed that payment was fraudulent). Apparently such instances are commonplace. Re-filing with a check for both applications enclosed. 

To avoid the same thing happening to others, always where possible pay with a check. 

Good luck to you all, will continue to provide updates!

So happy for you. Congrats 👏🏿 

Timeline
On 6/17/2024 at 8:39 PM, Cisse913 said:

Did you use the same UPS and signed for? Also you did not change anything on the application form?

Timeline
14 hours ago, M and Mike said:

Did you use the same UPS and signed for? Also you did not change anything on the application form?

Yes, I used UPS signed for once again when re-filing. I went through the package once again to check everything was there (as USCIS had muddled and barcoded the papers).

Only difference this time was that I included x2 checks for the i485 and i765 applications, and placed the green cover sheet (included when my package was returned). Guessing the green sheet helps identify the USCIS staff to fact the package had already been scanned and barcoded etc. 

2 days after delivery, I received confirmation that the checks had been cashed and receipt notice had been sent in the post. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.