102 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Update!!  Patient is the key. I sent my AOS and I-765 on the 24th may and never received a text or email since. On the 18th July I saw they taken the money out of my account and sent me a appointment with my receipt number at the same time. So you never know USCIS. One minute it fine the next it not. Good luck.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Got the EAD/AP card today!

29 April 2024 - mailed I-485, I-131 and I-765 via USPS to Chicago lockbox

30 Apr 2024 - USPS confirmed delivered

18 Jun 2024 - Date on NOA letter (received it a few days later)

20 Jun 2024 - Credit Card charged $2330 

21 Jun 2024 - Case updated Biometric Scheduled

12 July 2024 - Biometric Appointment 

13 July 2024 - EAD/AP approved

23 July 2024 - Combo Card produced

27 July 2024 - Combo card arrived 

2 hours ago, M & Alex said:

Got the EAD/AP card today!

29 April 2024 - mailed I-485, I-131 and I-765 via USPS to Chicago lockbox

30 Apr 2024 - USPS confirmed delivered

18 Jun 2024 - Date on NOA letter (received it a few days later)

20 Jun 2024 - Credit Card charged $2330 

21 Jun 2024 - Case updated Biometric Scheduled

12 July 2024 - Biometric Appointment 

13 July 2024 - EAD/AP approved

23 July 2024 - Combo Card produced

27 July 2024 - Combo card arrived 

AWESOME!! 

CONGRATS ON THE COMBO CARD

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. This chat got really quiet. no updates, no questions and no activity at all. Hope everything is ok. I know life sometimes catches up to us and days go by quick. 

We are stuck with our case, still in a pile somewhere waitting for our turn to get picked up and looked at. 

Hope to hear from some of yall soon. 

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE.

25 minutes ago, KompaChuy said:

Hello everyone. This chat got really quiet. no updates, no questions and no activity at all. Hope everything is ok. I know life sometimes catches up to us and days go by quick. 

We are stuck with our case, still in a pile somewhere waitting for our turn to get picked up and looked at. 

Hope to hear from some of yall soon. 

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE.

Until recently most AOS would take around a year to get approved. In the last few months I see reports of cases being adjudicated in 3-4 months, which is unbelievably fast. Still, I think it's only a small subset of cases, the rest take longer. Maybe somebody has fresh data?

2 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Until recently most AOS would take around a year to get approved. In the last few months I see reports of cases being adjudicated in 3-4 months, which is unbelievably fast. Still, I think it's only a small subset of cases, the rest take longer. Maybe somebody has fresh data?

I did see some cases get approved super fast and we know some friends and family as well. We had hopes ours moved that fast as well. 

I guess we just wait...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 8/19/2024 at 3:59 PM, KompaChuy said:

I did see some cases get approved super fast and we know some friends and family as well. We had hopes ours moved that fast as well. 

I guess we just wait...

All a waiting game unfortunately! As many continue to say, no news is good news once you have received your NOA. I am in the same boat, still waiting.....Keep your head up, each day is a day closer to this nonsense process being over!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.