64 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 hours ago, Cisse913 said:

Yes, I used UPS signed for once again when re-filing. I went through the package once again to check everything was there (as USCIS had muddled and barcoded the papers).

Only difference this time was that I included x2 checks for the i485 and i765 applications, and placed the green cover sheet (included when my package was returned). Guessing the green sheet helps identify the USCIS staff to fact the package had already been scanned and barcoded etc. 

2 days after delivery, I received confirmation that the checks had been cashed and receipt notice had been sent in the post. 

Thank you so much for the detailed information. Wishing you good luck in your process.  I'm waiting on my NOA since the 24th May. I have email USCIS  lockbox to enquire what going on. Fingers crossed 🤞🏿 

Timeline
3 hours ago, M and Mike said:

Thank you so much for the detailed information. Wishing you good luck in your process.  I'm waiting on my NOA since the 24th May. I have email USCIS  lockbox to enquire what going on. Fingers crossed 🤞🏿 

You’re most welcome 😊.

Following the advice on this forum, I reached out to 'Ask Emma Live Chat' to get my access code. It took me about six attempts with different agents, but I finally found a really helpful one who provided the code. After that, I was able to ask for the date, location, and time of my biometrics appointment, which they gave me.

The access code lets you track your filings online, and the USCIS will also add your NOA to your account. You might also be able to reschedule your biometrics appointment for an earlier date from your account. Additionally, your biometrics appointment letter will be updated in your account by the USCIS.

I’m still waiting for the same notices to arrive by mail, but that's just a formality since the exact same paperwork is now available in my online account.

Hope this helps everyone in some way 😊.

13 hours ago, Cisse913 said:

I’m still waiting for the same notices to arrive by mail, but that's just a formality since the exact same paperwork is now available in my online account.

The physical letters are important. Many USCIS letters are printed on protected watermarked paper. And many places don't accept self printed letters from USCIS account.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

Updates: got all the mail with bio appointment, online access code and receipt numbers. Appointment scheduled on June 28. From what I read on the USCIS website we would only need this notification and password. do we need to prepare copies of any other documents? thank you everybody!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Update on my timeline!

29 April 2024 - mailed I-485, I-131 and I-765 via USPS to Chicago lockbox

30 Apr 2024 - USPS confirmed delivered

18 Jun 2024 - Date on NOA letter (received it a few days later)

20 Jun 2024 - Credit Card charged $2330 

21 Jun 2024 - Case updated Biometric Scheduled

Timeline
On 6/22/2024 at 12:52 PM, OldUser said:

The physical letters are important. Many USCIS letters are printed on protected watermarked paper. And many places don't accept self printed letters from USCIS account.

Completed my biometrics today using downloads from my USICS account with no problems. 

7 minutes ago, Cisse913 said:

Completed my biometrics today using downloads from my USICS account with no problems. 

Thanks for the data point. I've seen reports of people having issues boarding planes / renewing DLs / removing restrictions from SS card using copies of I-797 and not the watermarked letters. These were the use cases I meant. Good to know some USCIS places accept copies.

Timeline
1 hour ago, OldUser said:

Thanks for the data point. I've seen reports of people having issues boarding planes / renewing DLs / removing restrictions from SS card using copies of I-797 and not the watermarked letters. These were the use cases I meant. Good to know some USCIS places accept copies.

For sure, I totally understand that I may have been one of the lucky ones. Hoping everybody else will have the same kind of luck 🙂

Hi All,

Update:

15 April 2024 - mailed I-485 and I-765 via USPS to Chicago lockbox

18 Apr 2024 - USPS confirmed delivered

25 Apr 2024 - Credit Card charged $1440 / SMS Acceptance Notice

30 Apr 2024 - Notice received in post box

1 May 2024 - Case updated Biometric Scheduled

7 May 2024 - 3 Notice of Actions received in post box - Biometrics Schedule/Payment Info/Online Access Code

17 May 2024 - Biometric Schedule, once done case changed to “Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS”

7 Jun 2024 - EAD Approved

18 Jun 2024 - EAD Card Produced

22 June 2024 - EAD Card Received

26 June 2024 - I-485 Approved

God bless and good luck everyone.

35 minutes ago, TheresaAngelica said:

Hi All,

Update:

7 May 2024 - 3 Notice of Actions received in post box - Biometrics Schedule/Payment Info/Online Access Code

17 May 2024 - Biometric Schedule, once done case changed to “Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS”

AWESOME CONGRATS

Timeline
12 hours ago, TheresaAngelica said:

Hi All,

Update:

Congratulations that's awesome! The update here has been really helpful, and at least gives the rest of us hope 😊.

God bless and all the best with your new life in the States!

3 hours ago, Cisse913 said:

Congratulations that's awesome! The update here has been really helpful, and at least gives the rest of us hope 😊.

God bless and all the best with your new life in the States!

Thank you! 

God bless us all and wishing for the best to everyone waiting for their approval.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
On 6/24/2024 at 5:00 PM, M & Alex said:

Update on my timeline!

29 April 2024 - mailed I-485, I-131 and I-765 via USPS to Chicago lockbox

30 Apr 2024 - USPS confirmed delivered

18 Jun 2024 - Date on NOA letter (received it a few days later)

20 Jun 2024 - Credit Card charged $2330 

21 Jun 2024 - Case updated Biometric Scheduled

Got a date for my biometric appointment. It will be on 12th July

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.