65 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 5/11/2024 at 5:26 AM, grmn101 said:

Hi.

I'm in the same boat. 

I sent my packet and was received at the lockbox Apr 15.

Havent had any updates, and nothing has been charged to my credit card.

Is it just a really busy month?

I'm starting to really worry.

Have you heard anything from USCIS since you applied??

Timeline
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Cisse913 said:

Unfortunately not, despite a few calls and emails to lockbox and USCIS. They are absolutely useless!

Which lockbox did you use? Maybe it not the right one and they have to sent it to the right location.

I use this one 

USCIS

Attn: AOS 

P.O. Box 4109

Carol Stream, IL 60197

Edited by M and Mike

Timeline
On 6/2/2024 at 12:00 AM, M and Mike said:

Which lockbox did you use? Maybe it not the right one and they have to sent it to the right location.

I use this one 

USCIS

Attn: AOS 

P.O. Box 4109

Carol Stream, IL 60197

I filed at the following address which is stated on the USCIS website when sending with UPS and other couriers:

USCIS
Attn: AOS (Box 805887)
131 S. Dearborn St., 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Timeline
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Cisse913 said:

I filed at the following address which is stated on the USCIS website when sending with UPS and other couriers:

USCIS
Attn: AOS (Box 805887)
131 S. Dearborn St., 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Where are you posting from?? Which postal company did you use and how long did it take for it to arrive?? Did you use sign for?

I advise that you still wait. I know it been this long. Some people do that longer than a long b4 hearing anything. I hope and pray you will hear something this week. 🙏🏿 

Edited by M and Mike

Timeline
On 6/3/2024 at 7:02 PM, M and Mike said:

Where are you posting from?? Which postal company did you use and how long did it take for it to arrive?? Did you use sign for?

I advise that you still wait. I know it been this long. Some people do that longer than a long b4 hearing anything. I hope and pray you will hear something this week. 🙏🏿 

Thank you so much for the support. I sent my package from NYC using UPS with signature confirmation, and it was signed for and received by USCIS on April 18, 2024.

After not hearing anything from USCIS, I reached out to my local congresswoman for help in submitting an inquiry. USCIS confirmed they had received my filings and provided two receipt numbers. Unfortunately, neither of these numbers is working.

I contacted USCIS again, and they claimed they couldn't find a record of either receipt number in their system. Additionally, the payment for the filing has not been deducted from my credit card. If my case has been rejected for any reason, I hope the package is returned quickly so I can address any issues.

An agent has scheduled a Tier 2 officer to contact me within the next 72 hours. For now, all I can do is wait and try to carry on with my life as best as I can.

Just wanted to give an update on our case. Our I-485 packet was received at the Chicago Lockbox (UPS) on April 17th. We received the 797 notice of receipt on June 6th. After receiving the receipt, we went online and created an account on MyUSCIS and added the case. We looked at the case and it looked like biometrics was already scheduled. We were able to download the biometrics appointment. Hope this gives everyone a bit of hope that you should get your notice soon!

Timeline
10 hours ago, J2022 said:

Just wanted to give an update on our case. Our I-485 packet was received at the Chicago Lockbox (UPS) on April 17th. We received the 797 notice of receipt on June 6th. After receiving the receipt, we went online and created an account on MyUSCIS and added the case. We looked at the case and it looked like biometrics was already scheduled. We were able to download the biometrics appointment. Hope this gives everyone a bit of hope that you should get your notice soon!

Congratulations! That is fantastic news. Hopefully you are not having to wait an age for your biometrics appointment,, and the rest of your journey is pretty smooth. Thanks for giving the rest of us some hope too 😊

Timeline

Update: I have just received my returned package in the post. My I-485 and I-765 applications were rejected due to Capital One declining the payment from Chicago Lockbox (Capital One believed that payment was fraudulent). Apparently such instances are commonplace. Re-filing with a check for both applications enclosed. 

To avoid the same thing happening to others, always where possible pay with a check. 

Good luck to you all, will continue to provide updates!

19 minutes ago, Cisse913 said:

Update: I have just received my returned package in the post. My I-485 and I-765 applications were rejected due to Capital One declining the payment from Chicago Lockbox (Capital One believed that payment was fraudulent). Apparently such instances are commonplace. Re-filing with a check for both applications enclosed. 

To avoid the same thing happening to others, always where possible pay with a check. 

Good luck to you all, will continue to provide updates!

Sorry to hear it. Yes, credit cards declining is a common issue.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Sorry to hear it. Yes, credit cards declining is a common issue.

Sadly I missed this part within the various forums. Hopefully I will not take the USCIS another 8 weeks to process once I return the package tomorrow. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.