smilingstone

Track My Visa Now - What exactly does it offer?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Apologies if there's a thread already here somewhere, but I cannot quite seem to find anything that answers my particular query.

I'm aware of TMVN and the fact that it's a monthly subscription which claims to provide you with a reasonably accurate estimates for key points along visa processes.

I'm also aware that VJ users opinions on this service vary greatly. ;)

I find myself wondering, bar using the service to gauge dates that aren't even set in stone, what else does it provide? If I'm not really that concerned with knowing exact dates because I can be flexible with my plans, or if I'm happy to stick with the free VJ timeline estimate, is there anything else I'm missing of value that TMVN could provide for a subscription fee?

Also, if you do recommend it (either for date estimates or something else), is there a certain point in the process that you'd advise signing up? For example, would it provide any benefit to sign up at the NOA1 stage (longer sub, more money) versus signing up later down the line at NOA2 and beyond (shorter sub, costing less overall)? 

FYI, I created an online account (for free) on USCIS website using my (beneficiary) email. This has case tracking and I believe it will notify me by email once the status of our application changes - something that TMVN also offers (at a price).

Thanks in advance for any input.

Edited by smilingstone

[I-129F to K1]

I-129F Filed: 2024-04-03

I-129F NOA1: 2024-04-17

I-129F RFE: 2024-06-05

I-129F NOA2: 2024-08-02

In reality no tracker app can give you correct estimate of when your case is going to be decided. There's way too many variables for that and too much human factor. USCIS often changes priorities, speeding up processing some cases and slowing down others. Plus each case is unique. My friend submitted petition 2 weeks later than me but got approved about 5 months earlier. Both cases went to the same service center. We have pretty much the same story as to how and when we entered the US. We live in the same city, same nationality, about same age, same occupation. In my opinion these apps are not worth paying for. There are free ones plus websites showing stats for hundreds of cases - those may be somewhat useful.

Edited by OldUser

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.