Aur0ra

N400 Denver office - April 2024 interview update

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Greetings all CO N400 filers. I had my N400 interview April 18, 2024. Overall the interview/test was very straightforward and the officer was personable. A good experience and quite fast, around 30 min or so. Plan to be there around 30 min ahead of your scheduled time to give yourself a chance to get through security and get to the waiting area. I think the biggest stressor is likely traffic, so give yourself extra time.  We were coming from the north end of the state, so we gave ourselves 2 hours to get there and that was about right. 

Take-aways:

-Same day oath ceremonies no longer offered in Denver as of Jan 2024 unless you live 200 miles away from the office or there is some kind of emergency.  I requested a same-day oath ceremony when the officer gave me this information. She said that they used to do this, but they don't offer it anymore. Something about not having enough staff who are qualified to do the ceremony around that day. She said that only in cases of an emergency would they be able to scramble one together or if the applicant's home is over 200 miles away.  So if you live within 200 miles of the office, don't expect a same-day oath ceremony. Worth asking, but be prepared to have to come back for oath ceremony

-Sign up for electronic notices so you know well in advance when OC is - Even the USCIS officer commented on our CO post office delays. In a previous oath ceremony a few months prior, only half of the people showed up. They found out over half did not get their paper notices in the mail.  She strongly advised signing up for e-notices through the online account, as that is much more reliable. I received my notice electronically the evening of my interview notifying me that my oath ceremony is 3 weeks later. 

Hope this helps!

2011 - 2013 - K-1, AOS, Lifting COnditions

2013 - 2014 - GC approved

2024 - Instead of renewing, why not go the full monty? (They actually made it really easy to do this)

Thanks for sharing your experience. I had a similar pleasant experience at my N400 interview on April 9th at Denver field office. I haven't received my oath ceremony date yet though.

It's delayed for me, probably because of name change request and I had informed the officer during the interview that I'll be out of the country at the beginning of May. I'm hoping to soon get a ceremony date in June.

Could you share where your ceremony is at? A court in Denver or at the USCIS field office? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Wife did a dual N400/I-751 interview a few weeks ago in the same field office, got approved and scheduled for an oath ceremony… and then received an “Oath Ceremony Cancelled” notice. This appears to usually be some kind of logistical issue on their end, but no further info was given.

That was about 12 days ago with no updates since, which is a bit annoying since they have daily oath ceremonies at the field office. There doesn’t seem to be any way to push someone to schedule it, though. Anyone else in the same spot?

I just saw my Oath ceremony notice in my uscis online account. I hope you got your's too. For me, it's on the May 15th at a court.

Unfortunately, I need to ask for rescheduling it, since I'll be out of the country on that date. I hope they give me a date in June.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 4/28/2024 at 1:34 PM, BCG said:

Wife did a dual N400/I-751 interview a few weeks ago in the same field office, got approved and scheduled for an oath ceremony… and then received an “Oath Ceremony Cancelled” notice. This appears to usually be some kind of logistical issue on their end, but no further info was given.

That was about 12 days ago with no updates since, which is a bit annoying since they have daily oath ceremonies at the field office. There doesn’t seem to be any way to push someone to schedule it, though. Anyone else in the same spot?

Hi, I’m scheduled for dual I-751/N400 interview too, tomorrow. Did you have to bring the documents you submitted like tax records, etc? Or just the basic requirements as stated on the letter?

2 hours ago, Kai!1 said:

Hi, I’m scheduled for dual I-751/N400 interview too, tomorrow. Did you have to bring the documents you submitted like tax records, etc? Or just the basic requirements as stated on the letter?

Bring everything. You don't want to be lacking evidence if officer decides to ask you for some.

Timeline
On 4/25/2024 at 8:14 AM, ACKM said:

Thanks for sharing your experience. I had a similar pleasant experience at my N400 interview on April 9th at Denver field office. I haven't received my oath ceremony date yet though.

It's delayed for me, probably because of name change request and I had informed the officer during the interview that I'll be out of the country at the beginning of May. I'm hoping to soon get a ceremony date in June.

Could you share where your ceremony is at? A court in Denver or at the USCIS field office? 

Hi- mine is at the field office proper. Yes the officer mentioned that they will have them at the courthouse and sometimes they even have them at Estes Park at RMNP!

She said they no longer do regular daily oath ceremonies and instead batch them. There are only 3 people or so who can lead them. 

Of note, I still haven’t received my mailed notice of oath ceremony and it’s next week. Thankfully the online system is effective. 

I asked the officer how it works if one needs to reschedule. She basically said to follow the instructions in the notice, but otherwise you have to go through the main number. I gave her this look and said “yikes - the main number is a total disaster” She chuckled and agreed with me. She said that the field offices used to take their own calls and it was much better because they could service their people more effectively. But once they went to centralized scheduling they lost that option. 

2024 - Instead of renewing, why not go the full monty? (They actually made it really easy to do this)

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, BCG said:

Still waiting on any sort of update, now over a month after the "Oath Ceremony Cancelled" update. Have other folks actually taken their oath recently?

Following my interview on April 9th, my Oath ceremony schedule letter was posted to the online account on April 30. The ceremony was scheduled for May 15th at a court in Denver.

Unfortunately, I couldn't make it. On May 16th, the status changed back to "Oath ceremony will be scheduled". I'm hoping to be included in the June schedule and hoping to hear about it soon. 🤞

Edited by ACKM

Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2024 at 9:35 AM, ACKM said:

Following my interview on April 9th, my Oath ceremony schedule letter was posted to the online account on April 30. The ceremony was scheduled for May 15th at a court in Denver.

Unfortunately, I couldn't make it. On May 15th, the status changed back to "Oath ceremony will be scheduled". I'm hoping to be included in the June schedule and hoping to hear about it soon. 🤞

My oath ceremony notice was just posted to my online account. It is scheduled for June 20th at a court in Denver

Edited by ACKM

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 5/2/2024 at 9:06 PM, JohnnyOD said:

Can you guys please update an N400 timeline on the visa journey for the Denver office? There is very little online for this office, and it would help others follow the Denver office's progress. ❤️

Yes done!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.