Gaiden79

Does the NVC accept PayPal?

15 posts in this topic

I am ready to submit payment for the IV and Affidavit of Support fees on the CEAC website, but I only use PayPal. I do have a checking account number and routing number I'm just not sure if they accept PayPal as a payment method. Does anyone know? Thank you so much!

Married: 9/27/2017

1 hour ago, Gaiden79 said:

I am ready to submit payment for the IV and Affidavit of Support fees on the CEAC website, but I only use PayPal. I do have a checking account number and routing number I'm just not sure if they accept PayPal as a payment method. Does anyone know? Thank you so much!

If I recall correctly you need to use a U.S. bank account to pay NVC fees. 2 years ago that was the only payment method. 
Do you have a U.S. bank account?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, Gaiden79 said:

You've made two contradictory statements above.  Never heard of NVC accepting anything but direct from a US checking account.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

10 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

You've made two contradictory statements above.  Never heard of NVC accepting anything but direct from a US checking account.

Ok, I understand. Actually though, I meant that with PayPal you can have a checking account number and a routing number. PayPal utilizes a bank to allow this. Whether it will work or not I suppose I'll have to find out. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Redro said:

If I recall correctly you need to use a U.S. bank account to pay NVC fees. 2 years ago that was the only payment method. 
Do you have a U.S. bank account?

Not exactly, I will try PayPal and if it doesn't work I will have to sign up for a standard bank. Thanks.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Gaiden79 said:

Ok, I understand. Actually though, I meant that with PayPal you can have a checking account number and a routing number. PayPal utilizes a bank to allow this. Whether it will work or not I suppose I'll have to find out. Thanks.

I think  you mean using a specific Pay Pal service, that mimics and actual checking account.  If so, I expect that will work.  Being specific and accurate here, is critical to getting the help you need.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

6 minutes ago, Gaiden79 said:

Thought you meant PayPal PayPal not the savings account with routing number. Hopefully it works, please report back. 
if it doesn’t work the first time or one of the transactions try one more time, I know I had issues the first time I tried to pay with my BOA account. 

14 minutes ago, Redro said:

Thought you meant PayPal PayPal not the savings account with routing number. Hopefully it works, please report back. 
if it doesn’t work the first time or one of the transactions try one more time, I know I had issues the first time I tried to pay with my BOA account. 

Well it is the basic PayPal, with that you have a checking account number. No special kind of PayPal really. I'll definitely try and report back, thank you!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Gaiden79 said:

Well it is the basic PayPal, with that you have a checking account number. No special kind of PayPal really. I'll definitely try and report back, thank you!

A Paypal Checking account is a specific service offered with a PayPal  account.  I was not aware of it.  If you had asked if they accept PayPal  Checking, you would have gotten a different answer.  Please let us know if it works for you.

Accepting PayPal does not bring a checking account with routing numbers to mind.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

NO

If u go to USCIS webpage on Facebook and search paying fees with paypail this comes up

https://www.facebook.com/profile/100064894086847/search/?q=paypail to pay fees

USCIS and our officials will never ask you to transfer money to an individual. We do not accept Western Union, MoneyGram, PayPal, or gift cards as payment for fees.
Edited by JeanneAdil

2 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

NO

If u go to USCIS webpage on Facebook and search paying fees with paypail this comes up

USCIS and our officials will never ask you to transfer money to an individual. We do not accept Western Union, MoneyGram, PayPal, or gift cards as payment for fees.

That's different PayPal product to what OP is attempting to use.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
10 minutes ago, OldUser said:

That's different PayPal product to what OP is attempting to use.

OP  can go to USCIS site and ask

questions on the Facebook site are answered faster than Emma or trying to call any phone number they list

it appears USCIS and NVC do not accept any paypail account

the methods of acceped payments are listed

OP can try using paypail with checking and routing # but if NVC does not accept ,  it ties up the cash 

Timeline
8 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

NO

This is not USCIS.  It's NVC.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

On 4/18/2024 at 7:10 PM, pushbrk said:

A Paypal Checking account is a specific service offered with a PayPal  account.  I was not aware of it.  If you had asked if they accept PayPal  Checking, you would have gotten a different answer.  Please let us know if it works for you.

Accepting PayPal does not bring a checking account with routing numbers to mind.

Just getting back to you with an update. Its doesn't work unfortunately. 

I want give another update regarding making NVC payments using your PayPal routing and account number. IT DOES WORK, JUST CONFIRMED TODAY. However, you need to have "Direct Debit" enabled on your account first. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.