NeonParticles

CFO Valid IDs

5 posts in this topic

CR1 Spousal Visa, got interview letter today for May 23rd.

Just preparing valid IDs for each step of the process in advance.  The main issue is that we recently changed her name to her married name on her passport, so I'm concerned that her previous IDs will no longer be considered valid for the CFO.  We just want to make sure to have all our ducks in a row early on so this doesn't hold us up.

I'm having a very difficult time determining what they consider to be a 'valid photo ID', how many of them they require, etc.  The CFO site does not clarify what IDs they accept, only that they need "two valid IDs ASIDE from the valid passport".  I've read conflicting reports from users here. We currently have the updated passport and the NBI clearance.  I've read that this is all you need from multiple users, but they're all from about a decade ago.  Her other IDs are all in her maiden name, and I'm unsure of their validity now.

image.thumb.png.a36605f927fd380db23cdf9b082cd588.png

Does anyone have clarity on if the passport + NBI clearance will be enough to complete the CFO, or if my wife will need to rush to update a bunch of IDs she'll probably never use again... :bonk:

Edited by NeonParticles

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

June 4, 2024 - CFO 
June 30, 2024 - Flight to US

Her other ID's being in her maiden name is not a problem.  CFO would automatically understand the difference between married and maiden name and would not expect ID's to be updated.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 11/22/2022 at 8:07 PM, Mike E said:

I don’t know  if service centers talk to each other. 

Is your step daughter under age 21?

Are you a U.S. citizen?

On 12/3/2022 at 11:11 AM, D&T01 said:

My wife just started seeing a Dr. for some depression after the birth of our kid.  The Dr. said she might be bipolar.  She just started seeing the Dr. so they cant officially diagnose her yet.

I want to know what I need to keep track of now, so I don't miss anything.

What documents and paperwork will I need?

Anything I need to be careful about for the medical exam?

6 hours ago, NeonParticles said:

CR1 Spousal Visa, got interview letter today for May 23rd.

Just preparing valid IDs for each step of the process in advance.  The main issue is that we recently changed her name to her married name on her passport, so I'm concerned that her previous IDs will no longer be considered valid for the CFO.  We just want to make sure to have all our ducks in a row early on so this doesn't hold us up.

I'm having a very difficult time determining what they consider to be a 'valid photo ID', how many of them they require, etc.  The CFO site does not clarify what IDs they accept, only that they need "two valid IDs ASIDE from the valid passport".  I've read conflicting reports from users here. We currently have the updated passport and the NBI clearance.  I've read that this is all you need from multiple users, but they're all from about a decade ago.  Her other IDs are all in her maiden name, and I'm unsure of their validity now.

image.thumb.png.a36605f927fd380db23cdf9b082cd588.png

Does anyone have clarity on if the passport + NBI clearance will be enough to complete the CFO, or if my wife will need to rush to update a bunch of IDs she'll probably never use again... :bonk:

Did your wife need CFO to change her name on her passport. My wife did.

7 minutes ago, hiram a said:

Did your wife need CFO to change her name on her passport. My wife did.

No, we just used the marriage certificate and changed the name.  When did your wife have to? I'm a little confused about the order of how things happen here.

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

June 4, 2024 - CFO 
June 30, 2024 - Flight to US

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, NeonParticles said:

No, we just used the marriage certificate and changed the name.  When did your wife have to? I'm a little confused about the order of how things happen here.

Ok, its been a while since my wife got her passport with her married name. Just take the old IDs with her and she will be OK. She will have the marriage docs. You can always send CFO an email and they will answer within a week.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.