Cirkul

Should I do nothing? Or Mandamus..

36 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)
On 8/21/2024 at 2:16 PM, TiffAndMike said:

Pretty sad it's costing you 6k to get USCIS to do a job you paid them to do.

I agree.  My lawyer said it's a bunch of BS. He didn't abbreviate the expression.

Edited by Cirkul

Posted (edited)

I might add there is a person on this thread that said my petition may be denied due to being in background checks. From what I have read this usually happens at the NVC level, and also why FBI will be served.I believe FBI is the problem

My lawyer has never seen a case outright denied as stated.Still, the comment does scare me. I hope this thread helps others that are in my position. I hope for good news in the next 6 weeks. There is a lot of conflicting information here about a WOM.

Edited by Cirkul

I think you might also want to ask others petitioners who had their background double/triple checked for arrests related to AWA about their timelines.  Your earlier post is a good read for those wondering why your background check might be taking longer. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
21 hours ago, Cirkul said:

I agree.  My lawyer said it's a bunch of BS. He didn't abbreviate the expression.

The USCIS just needs to be sued. Everyone needs to just ban together and sue them in a class action lawsuit.

They are getting beyond ridiculous with their processing times and putting all other petitions first. 

16 Republican lead states just filed a law suit on the Biden administration and the head of homeland security over their latest "parole in place" program for illegal spouses of citizens scheme.

I actually just got off the phone with my states attorney general's office, talking to them about how every time a new "parole in place" scheme comes into play, our processing times go up even further. 

The funny and sad thing about this is I wasn't the first person to call them today saying the exact same thing.

I asked to see  if my state can sue USCIS on behalf of us because of the way they keep doing us, cause at this point, it's gonna take 5 years to get any of our petitions approved.  They aren't allowed to disclose what lawsuits they intend to file, so they couldn't tell me a yes or a no on this.  

If you live in one of those 16 states that likes to sue the federal government, contact your attorney generals office and be very vocal about this. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, TiffAndMike said:

The USCIS just needs to be sued. Everyone needs to just ban together and sue them in a class action lawsuit.

They are getting beyond ridiculous with their processing times and putting all other petitions first. 

16 Republican lead states just filed a law suit on the Biden administration and the head of homeland security over their latest "parole in place" program for illegal spouses of citizens scheme.

I actually just got off the phone with my states attorney general's office, talking to them about how every time a new "parole in place" scheme comes into play, our processing times go up even further. 

The funny and sad thing about this is I wasn't the first person to call them today saying the exact same thing.

I asked to see  if my state can sue USCIS on behalf of us because of the way they keep doing us, cause at this point, it's gonna take 5 years to get any of our petitions approved.  They aren't allowed to disclose what lawsuits they intend to file, so they couldn't tell me a yes or a no on this.  

If you live in one of those 16 states that likes to sue the federal government, contact your attorney generals office and be very vocal about this. 

You are preaching to the choir. Unfortunately the government has a lot more money than us even if we all sued. We would be drowned in attorney's fees. 100% certain I don't live in one of those 16 states.

Edited by Cirkul

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.