quistarrok

Houston Texas N-400 Processing Times

217 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Visitor User said:

So how many applicants actually get denied between end of interview and Oath? 

I know of none.  The Houston office might just be a little slow.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My interview was on 3/21 and I have been recommended for approval but care tracker still says interview was scheduled. Is there a delay in the Houston FO? 

Does anyone know?

The system only gets updated if an auto script runs (IT terms) or some human intervention occurs.

Two things will most likely happen. Whether they will further do a quality review on the recommendation of approval that IO did in your favor, or just simply approved you and schedule oath ceremony.

From my understanding the next status you are probably going to see is "quality review on your case" But it ain't bad at all. It is just a regular process and once they are done with quality review check, you should be going to an oath ceremoney. All in all congratulations you are almost there. Don't panic and chill!!!!!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, MunnoTheCat said:

The system only gets updated if an auto script runs (IT terms) or some human intervention occurs.

Two things will most likely happen. Whether they will further do a quality review on the recommendation of approval that IO did in your favor, or just simply approved you and schedule oath ceremony.

From my understanding the next status you are probably going to see is "quality review on your case" But it ain't bad at all. It is just a regular process and once they are done with quality review check, you should be going to an oath ceremoney. All in all congratulations you are almost there. Don't panic and chill!!!!!

Thanks for the clarification. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Had my interview on 3/14 still waiting for oath letter. I got a decision cannot be made. They have to let supervisor look over file. My file is about 1600 pages lol. Third times a charm. Interview lasted 6 min. Asked me only 5 of the yes and no questions. Asked about child support.  

Edited by LEXUSdRIVER2908

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/6/2023 at 3:21 PM, quistarrok said:

Hi All - I am based in Houston. Submitted N400 in August. Has anyone naturalized recently and knows the processing time for the Houston office and the time from N400 submittal to getting citizenship?

We filed my husband's N-400 in October of last year and received his interview date around January for February 12th. It was a combo interview because the Removal of Conditions was taking too long (got the 48-month extension letter) and he had already been eligible to file for citizenship for 6 months at that point so we got tired of waiting. 

I had to be present for the interview since they also checked our Removal of Conditions paperwork and asked me several questions about our marriage. Afterwards it was on to the Citizenship interview portion and they also asked him the questions about American history, which he passed. The lady doing our interview was very nice and helpful, and afterwards told us he was approved for both Removal of Conditions and Citizenship! We waited to be notified about the oath-taking ceremony and he received a letter to attend the big ceremony last week on March 27th, which we were excited about because it means I got to attend with him. It was a long ceremony but it was the perfect capstone to our long immigration journey together!

***K-1 Visa***

NOA1:         03/01/18 (old site)

03/06/18 (new site)

NOA2:         09/04/18

Interview:   12/27/18

Visa Rcvd:   01/09/19

POE Date:    01/27/19

Married:       02/22/19

***Adjustment of Status***

Sent:             03/07/19

NOA1:           03/15/19

Biometrics:  04/11/19

Ready:           04/24/19

EAD/AP:        08/20/19

Card Rcvd:    08/26/19

***Removal of Conditions***

Sent:             11/17/21

NOA1:           11/20/21

24-month Extension: Received

48-month Extension: Received

Approval:     02/20/24

***Naturalization***

Sent:             10/05/23

NOA1:           10/05/23

Biometrics:  10/25/23

Interview:     02/12/24

Oath:             03/27/24

============================================

Case Status Online: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus

Timeline
3 hours ago, LEXUSdRIVER2908 said:

Had my interview on 3/14 still waiting for oath letter. I got a decision cannot be made. They have to let supervisor look over file. My file is about 1600 pages lol. Third times a charm. Interview lasted 6 min. Asked me only 5 of the yes and no questions. Asked about child support.  

Why couldn’t decision be made? Why so many pages?

When is the next Oath ceremony in Houston?

Timeline
15 minutes ago, crono_clone said:

We filed my husband's N-400 in October of last year and received his interview date around January for February 12th. It was a combo interview because the Removal of Conditions was taking too long (got the 48-month extension letter) and he had already been eligible to file for citizenship for 6 months at that point so we got tired of waiting. 

I had to be present for the interview since they also checked our Removal of Conditions paperwork and asked me several questions about our marriage. Afterwards it was on to the Citizenship interview portion and they also asked him the questions about American history, which he passed. The lady doing our interview was very nice and helpful, and afterwards told us he was approved for both Removal of Conditions and Citizenship! We waited to be notified about the oath-taking ceremony and he received a letter to attend the big ceremony last week on March 27th, which we were excited about because it means I got to attend with him. It was a long ceremony but it was the perfect capstone to our long immigration journey together!

Please share about your Oath ceremony? Congrats.

This morning I had my naturalization interview in Houston. I just wanted to share my experience. The appointment was at 10:10am and I was at the door at 9:50am when I was asked for the appointment notice. I went through security and when I was putting my belt back I heard an officer shout my name on the hallway. He then rapidly conducted me inside his room down the hallway. The only documents he asked for were my passport, my driver’s license and my LPR card. He started with the civics questions, which he probably stopped before 10. It seems like he was typing my questions. Then he asked me to read one sentence and to write another sentence in his tablet, after spending a minute or two to make it work. Then he asked me if I support the constitution and some other questions after that in the form, including if I understood the oath and its requirements. Then he asked me to confirm some personal information in the tablet. At that point he already had the results form filled out and ready to hand it to me, which he did right after that. The officer seemed to be in a rush and at some point mumbled something about something going on over there at 10am. He said I should be getting the appointment for the oath in the mail soon. I asked if there’s a way to expedite due to urgent family matters back home and he said that he can’t do anything about it. I’d say the whole thing lasted 15-20 minutes. Let me know if y’all have any questions. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Lanzoni said:

This morning I had my naturalization interview in Houston. I just wanted to share my experience. The appointment was at 10:10am and I was at the door at 9:50am when I was asked for the appointment notice. I went through security and when I was putting my belt back I heard an officer shout my name on the hallway. He then rapidly conducted me inside his room down the hallway. The only documents he asked for were my passport, my driver’s license and my LPR card. He started with the civics questions, which he probably stopped before 10. It seems like he was typing my questions. Then he asked me to read one sentence and to write another sentence in his tablet, after spending a minute or two to make it work. Then he asked me if I support the constitution and some other questions after that in the form, including if I understood the oath and its requirements. Then he asked me to confirm some personal information in the tablet. At that point he already had the results form filled out and ready to hand it to me, which he did right after that. The officer seemed to be in a rush and at some point mumbled something about something going on over there at 10am. He said I should be getting the appointment for the oath in the mail soon. I asked if there’s a way to expedite due to urgent family matters back home and he said that he can’t do anything about it. I’d say the whole thing lasted 15-20 minutes. Let me know if y’all have any questions. 

No picture and fingerprints were taken beside the interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.