15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

In 2016 I filed a k-1 visa for for my Tunisian fiancee. After we got married, he waited for his 2year residence docs. & once he got them, he left me for another woman. He divorced me. I felt broken. after 4 years I meet my now husband who I love and won my heart. I know him since 2020. Unfortunately he is from the same country "Tunisia". We married in his country & been married since 03-2021. After 1year of marriage after we decided to file for the I-130 on 09-2022. They send us the first NOA in September telling us that is in process. It has been 553 days or 1year & 7months already. The processing time (14months) has been long expired & til now nothing. Every time I check when can I inquire about my case it keep adding time to the inquire date. Does anyone know why my case is taking such long time? Does anyone have an advice in what can I do to speed the process or at least know what is going on? please anything or anyone with knowledge about this is greatly appreciated. thank you and have a great rest of your day.  

Edited by Yambouzinek
typo sorry

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Normal red flags still exist for a new husband 

Did you help the ex ROC ?

USCIS may be looking to see if he did ROC or naturalized 

I am so sorry for what happened to u in the 1st marriage that seems to have messed up the happiness in  the 2nd

this is not a judgement or saying "u r doing this" but these past few years USCIS has seen several cases of sham marriages   /  some for a visa and/or money. so marrying another from the same country after divorcing the 1st is going to get extra scrutiny especially if the 1st spouse has not gone thru ROC with divorce waiver or Naturalized and they don't know where he is.

they may be looking at how u met both to see if u r considered a target.  U may not think it but USCIS trys to protect both parties in these relationships.   I do know the wait is heartbreaking as it took us 6 years to get  a visa.

Have u sent in an inquiry about your case?

Have u considered filing a WOM?

if he did not naturalize,  remember u r still on the hook for the I 864 from AOS 

While u wait 

46 minutes ago, Yambouzinek said:

In 2016 I filed a k-1 visa for for my Tunisian fiancee. After we got married, he waited for his 2year residence docs. & once he got them, he left me for another woman. He divorced me. I felt broken. after 4 years I meet my now husband who I love and won my heart. I know him since 2020. Unfortunately he is from the same country "Tunisia". We married in his country & been married since 03-2021. After 1year of marriage after we decided to file for the I-130 on 09-2022. They send us the first NOA in September telling us that is in process. It has been 553 days or 1year & 7months already. The processing time (14months) has been long expired & til now nothing. Every time I check when can I inquire about my case it keep adding time to the inquire date. Does anyone know why my case is taking such long time? Does anyone have an advice in what can I do to speed the process or at least know what is going on? please anything or anyone with knowledge about this is greatly appreciated. thank you and have a great rest of your day.  

Your case will be scrutinized due to the circumstances and country.  There is nothing you can do to speed it along.

Timeline
1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

Normal red flags still exist for a new husband 

Did you help the ex ROC ?

USCIS may be looking to see if he did ROC or naturalized 

I am so sorry for what happened to u in the 1st marriage that seems to have messed up the happiness in  the 2nd

this is not a judgement or saying "u r doing this" but these past few years USCIS has seen several cases of sham marriages   /  some for a visa and/or money. so marrying another from the same country after divorcing the 1st is going to get extra scrutiny especially if the 1st spouse has not gone thru ROC with divorce waiver or Naturalized and they don't know where he is.

they may be looking at how u met both to see if u r considered a target.  U may not think it but USCIS trys to protect both parties in these relationships.   I do know the wait is heartbreaking as it took us 6 years to get  a visa.

Have u sent in an inquiry about your case?

Have u considered filing a WOM?

if he did not naturalize,  remember u r still on the hook for the I 864 from AOS 

While u wait 

Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question. I meet him through some of my X people that he knows but they where never friends. Yes i understand that i might be targeted since they are both from the same country and like u said it is a shame that i was used for documents and now that i found the real love ,,, i have this huge black mark on my record. I honesty dont know if my X filed for citizenship. and feel sorry for my self that i am still on the hook. I ruined my life by my own hand. is so sad how he did me wrong but i still have to pay for him betraying me instead of the other way around. why then USCIS hasn't denied it if they dont trust me? the waiting is just agonizing...

Timeline
1 hour ago, SalishSea said:

Your case will be scrutinized due to the circumstances and country.  There is nothing you can do to speed it along.

Sadly this is the reality. thank you for your answer. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, delawan said:

applied for K-3 Visa . This will forced them to approve your i-130

really.? :) i will do it thank you for the help thank you so much..

12 minutes ago, Yambouzinek said:

Sadly this is the reality. thank you for your answer. 

Best of luck.  Hopefully you shall hear soon.

10 minutes ago, Yambouzinek said:

This is a good idea.  And, I believe filing the 129F in this situation is still free.  Please let us know how you go!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, SalishSea said:

This is a good idea.  And, I believe filing the 129F in this situation is still free.  Please let us know how you go!

I will for sure let you all know thank you again.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Yambouzinek said:

Your are welcome. That's your best option at the moment. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
12 hours ago, Yambouzinek said:

Im sorry for what happened to you, and yes your case shows red flags, BUT good thing, you waited 4 years to marry again.   That is a bit of a plus for you.  

Have you checked your case on line?  You may want to make a info pass appointment, maybe get answers there.

You can overcome this,  I married to soon after my Ex- Egyptian husband divorced me, but my current  ( and last Husband) and I managed to get through the process, and we had LOTS of red flags.  Finally after nearly 3 years ,  He was granted a 10 year green card back in 2019

He now is awiting processing of his citizenship.  ♥

Formally Beth & Achraf,    Lost my sign in details.

Been here a Veryyyyy Long time. 

MY HUSBAND'S :   N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

04/09/2024:     INTERVIEW SCHEDULED :  HOUSTON OFFICE: MAY 14 2024   ♥

05/14/2024:     N-400 Interview   APPROVED  

June 5th, 2024:   OATH DAY:       

June 5th 2024:  My husband became a US Citizen ♥♥   1, 474 New US Citizens sworn in- Houston, Tx. 

The End of a Very long journey! 

looney tunes i might have miss a th in there GIF

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.O.S.  FROM EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 5 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response per NOID,   Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
17 hours ago, Yambouzinek said:

Actually no.  Nothing you can do will "force" anything.  Filing the I-129F for spouse won't hurt, and might prompt another quick look at the I-130 before closing the I-129F.  Whatever scrutiny is causing the delay, will continue until it is satisfied.  Sometimes this scrutiny involves boots on the ground in Tunisia.  Can be a long wait.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.