smilingstone

A few queries/concerns now that I-129F has been sent...

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
15 minutes ago, AndiB said:

k1 timelines have been improving drastically over the last yr so USCIS 13.5 months is not a true reflection. People are currently hearing back in 5-6months (some later) They're processing mostly Oct-Nov 2023 filers right now. If you get a Request for Evidence this will obv add time
It was also mentioned ave wait time for interview is 4months, seems odd, maybe some slow embassys are skewing VJ data but for UK it's usually 2-3months (incl NVC wait). Timelines an always change and obv you could end up slower at each stage than ave but essentially, you're likely looking at ~8-10months to visa on hand, maybe less if everything is smooth.

I applied in 2022 and had my visa within 14months (but delayed interview by over a month due to travel limitations) and things have sped up since then.

I moved here in Feb, married same month, applied for AOS mid march and have EAD approved already. Travel permit and greencard are def wildcard timelines which is where spousal can be advantageous but I'm happy with my choice.

In regards to your initial concern, husband and i did the same, he filled in his sections and I filled in mine (he worked, I was at home so had more time). We had no issues with it. Evidence for us was 5 pictures, flight bookings and my i-94. 
Def start getting in habit of taking some pictures as will be useful for AOS. We often say selfie for USCIS as we're not selfie people either 😂

Thanks so much for your response. It sounds like you had such a positive experience and with you also being UK to US, this makes me feel good!

Where can I see that they are processing Oct-Nov 2023 filers now? It sounds like something good for me to bookmark.

Congrats to the both of you!

💌I-129F Filed: 2024-04-03 

⚠️NOA1: 2024-04-17

RFE: 2024-06-05

⚠️NOA2: 2024-08-02

📤USCIS to NVC: 2024-08-28

📤NVC to Embassy: 2024-09-24

📥Embassy Received: 2024-09-30

⚕️Medical:

📋K1 Interview:

🪪K1 Visa Received: 

🛬POE:

💒Married:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 hours ago, smilingstone said:

Thanks so much for your response. It sounds like you had such a positive experience and with you also being UK to US, this makes me feel good!

Where can I see that they are processing Oct-Nov 2023 filers now? It sounds like something good for me to bookmark.

Congrats to the both of you!

thanks! If you're in K1 groups you can generally see where bulk of approvals are as it's one service centre it's easy to monitor and they do go in approx order. 

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC NOA2: 2024-07-30 || GC Received: 2024-08-08

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.