Embran

Visa Medical Covid 19 Requirements -IR1 visa

2 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone!

My medical appointment is booked for the 23rd April.

In the email confirmation, at the very top it states the following:

PLEASE NOTE:  From the 01st April 2024 the COVID-19 vaccination can be obtained privately for anyone aged 12 years or above and therefore will be required for your Visa Application. You can find your nearest clinic here: https://pharmadoctor.co.uk/patient/service/covid-vaccination Or can go to our London clinic here: https://fleetstreetclinic.com/services/wellness-vaccinations/covid-vaccine/

I had my 3 covid jabs (#1 on 28.05.21, #2 on 01.08.21 and #3 on 19.12.21)

I have a copy of my covid pass. I asked visa medicals: if this sufficient? Or do I need to go to a private clinic to get another dose before the med appt? They were unfortunately not helpful at all and did not reply to my question.

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this? Visa medicals say they can offer most vaccines on the day, but I have noticed Covid is not on their list online...

On the CDC link, it states that: For the purposes of the immigration medical examination only, applicants who have not received a COVID-19 vaccine dose in the 12 months prior to the date of the exam are considered due for a dose.

The closest private clinic from me is in Bath, I'm based in the south west and this will be a day trip. Better safe than sorry I guess. I dont want my results to be delayed because there is 1 vaccine missing and visa medical can't provide it.

I was wondering if any anybody could share their experience for the Covid 19 requirement for IR-1 with Visa medicals?

Many thanks ^^

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, HectorMcconnell said:

Hey there! I hear your frustration with the confusing vaccine info. On your appointment date (April 23rd), you're past the 12-month window since your last dose (Dec 19th, 2021). That's what the CDC guideline seems to hinge on.

In my experience, visa medicals can be hit-or-miss on offering vaccines on-site. Best to call and double-check about Covid specifically. If they can't offer it, travelling to Bath might be your safest bet. Better to play it safe than risk a delay.

Here's hoping someone else chimes in with their IR-1 and Covid vaccine experience at visa medicals!

Hey! Thanks for your reply.

I actually went to a private clinic and had my covid vaccine done prior to my medical interview and I'm glad I did!

The medical interview went super well, I was not requested to do any supplementary vaccines. I am now waiting for the big interview next week.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.