Alcia

Can I get married while my IR5 immigration is pending ?

41 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Info on the reason for the misrep would be very helpful so that people can advise you better, and also info on why your son isn't a qualifying relative? t. 

Son/daughter/child simply isn't a qualifying relative for a misrepresentation waiver (INA 212(i)). Only spouse/parent(s) are.

Same with unlawful presence waivers.

Child/son/daughter is a qualifying relative for CIMT waivers for example.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

26 minutes ago, Demise said:

Son/daughter/child simply isn't a qualifying relative for a misrepresentation waiver (INA 212(i)). Only spouse/parent(s) are.

Same with unlawful presence waivers.

Child/son/daughter is a qualifying relative for CIMT waivers for example.

Was just double checking.

Seems the OP has now confirmed that is the reason though, although still not given a reason for the misrep and I don't think anybody can advise without that info. 

Edited by appleblossom

Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline
23 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Was just double checking.

Seems the OP has now confirmed that is the reason though, although still not given a reason for the misrep and I don't think anybody can advise without that info. 

The misrepresentation was backstamping of my passport 

9 minutes ago, Alcia said:

It’s where the date of arrival is different from the actual date of arrival back to the country of origin 

can you please rephrase ? im just puzzled. so u come to USA with a visa and then CBP send u back home at the airport because of this issue? but what it has anything to do with your misrep? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Verrou said:

can you please rephrase ? im just puzzled. so u come to USA with a visa and then CBP send u back home at the airport because of this issue? but what it has anything to do with your misrep? 

That’s correct because the date of leaving to Jamaica doesn’t match what they have in their record at the US port of entry. The embassy lady labeled it as misrepresentation 

Just now, Alcia said:

That’s correct because the date of leaving to Jamaica doesn’t match what they have in their record at the US port of entry. The embassy lady labeled it as misrepresentation 

Do you mean you tried to edit the date on the stamp yourself? Did you overstay the actual period of authorised stay?

2 minutes ago, Alcia said:

This was for a second trip to the US? Not your first trip? can you give a timeline of what happened? I’ve never received a stamp in my passport when leaving the US. how many years ago did this happen? 

Edited by Redro

Timeline
1 minute ago, appleblossom said:

Do you mean you tried to edit the date on the stamp yourself? Did you overstay the actual period of authorised stay?

No I didn’t overstay but I was told by my mother that having stayed close to 6 months was a bad thing that could affect me when I reenter the US. so she took my passport and have it back dated. This happens in the 90s

1 minute ago, Redro said:

This was for a second trip to the US? Not your first trip? can you give a timeline of what happened? I’ve never received a stamp in my passport when leaving the US. how many years ago did this happen? 

USA never ever stamp the passport when u leave the US as long as i remembered. the only stamp US gave on the passport( they dont even give stamp anymore in certain POE now) is when the person entered USA.

so i was hoping OP can give explain more with the timeline started from the beginning. i think it will be easier for us to understand the problem and perhaps can give suggestion. im scratching my head about this "backstamp" issue and still didnt get it

Timeline
Just now, Verrou said:

USA never ever stamp the passport when u leave the US as long as i remembered. the only stamp US gave on the passport( they dont even give stamp anymore in certain POE now) is when the person entered USA.

so i was hoping OP can give explain more with the timeline started from the beginning. i think it will be easier for us to understand the problem and perhaps can give suggestion. im scratching my head about this "backstamp" issue and still didnt get it

The stamp that was altered was the stamp from Jamaica 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Redro said:

The stamp that was altered was the stamp that I received in Jamaica when I returned. 

1 minute ago, Alcia said:

The stamp that was altered was the stamp from Jamaica 

The entry stamp from Jamaica? 
Okay. I understand. 
So, did you know your son’s husband in the 90s or did you meet him later? 
When did he move to the US? Were you married before he moved to the US? If you are married when did you get divorced? When did he get his LPR status and how long has he been an LPR? can he naturalize soon? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Redro said:

The entry stamp from Jamaica? 
Okay. I understand. 
So, did you know your son’s husband in the 90s or did you meet him later? 
When did he move to the US? Were you married before he moved to the US? If you are married when did you get divorced? When did he get his LPR status and how long has he been an LPR? can he naturalize soon? 

I’ve known my son’s father as far back as the 70s when we were kids. He moved to the states in 2011. I got divorced in 2014 he got his LPR in 2022 of October  he will apply for naturalization next year.  He’s been an LPR for about 2 years coming soon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.