1,329 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, winglesssparrow said:

Hi Folks 

I really appreciated for all of you guys . 
today was my interview for I-485 based on vw. Interview was cool yes, no questions and 3 other question to understand everything clear . 2019 vw september 2022 ( approved )  - 2024 June I-485 just now I checked and it says card was produced. 
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏 God is great . 

Hello, I sent form 1-90 for replacement of green card due to typographical made by USCIS officer to my surprise I got biometric appointment and a new receipt number and online Access code. I thought , they are going to replace the card without all these  again. As anybody experience this before? Any insight about how this work?

3 hours ago, Risen said:

Hello, I sent form 1-90 for replacement of green card due to typographical made by USCIS officer to my surprise I got biometric appointment and a new receipt number and online Access code. I thought , they are going to replace the card without all these  again. As anybody experience this before? Any insight about how this work?

Form I-90 is used to replace GC.

It can take a while to get it fixed. No interview will be required as far as I know.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
8 hours ago, winglesssparrow said:

Hi Folks 

I really appreciated for all of you guys . 
today was my interview for I-485 based on vw. Interview was cool yes, no questions and 3 other question to understand everything clear . 2019 vw september 2022 ( approved )  - 2024 June I-485 just now I checked and it says card was produced. 
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏 God is great . 

Yee-HAAAAA!  :dance: 

[Note to T-B.'s self:  Jokes worked again... jokes worked again... :P ]

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The approvals and good-news announcements keep rolling in, consequent to our highly effective* jokes.  Here is our Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

*that is, if correlation = causation

=============================================================
THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY

Old age is when you still have something on the ball, but you're too tired to bounce it.

I have Furniture Disease -- my chest is falling into my drawers.

Why do people constantly return to the refrigerator with hopes that something new to eat has materialized?

Why does a round pizza come in a square box?

Why do people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up every 2 hours?

If 9-1-1 operators have a medical emergency, whom do they call?

Brain cells come, and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever.
:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

15 hours ago, Priya25 said:

Hello family,

Any one has any experience from Atlanta FO, how much time they generally take to process.

I do not have any info yet on my application but I am just wondering if it is important to have a an attorney with me.

It is not important to have attorney. However, it is up to you how comfortable you are without the attorney. Did you get the interview date? 

2 hours ago, balo101 said:

It is not important to have attorney. However, it is up to you how comfortable you are without the attorney. Did you get the interview date? 

No I have not, but I read few post where I read at few places that one should have lawyer with them in order to keep check on what USCIS is asking. I was think if I have to, may be I can start looking for one just in case if I Get the interview call and not sure if I will have enough time then. looks like Atl Fo is taking a lot of time they received my file a year back but after a year they have sent RFE for medical. That is why i wanted to check what am i expecting next and how much more time .

16 minutes ago, Priya25 said:

No I have not, but I read few post where I read at few places that one should have lawyer with them in order to keep check on what USCIS is asking. I was think if I have to, may be I can start looking for one just in case if I Get the interview call and not sure if I will have enough time then. looks like Atl Fo is taking a lot of time they received my file a year back but after a year they have sent RFE for medical. That is why i wanted to check what am i expecting next and how much more time .

There are chances they might wave your interview. However, like i said it is up to you how comfortable you are. What you can do is talk to attorney let them know your situation and ask them if they can join you if you receive interview.  

1 hour ago, balo101 said:

There are chances they might wave your interview. However, like i said it is up to you how comfortable you are. What you can do is talk to attorney let them know your situation and ask them if they can join you if you receive interview.  

Thanks, I hope so they wave the interview.

On 6/8/2024 at 8:43 PM, Salyyen said:

Hey family I hope you guys doing well !

I’m going to respond to my rfe with my lawyer but I need help ! Since I lost hope in lawyer ! 

i have a pic of physical abuse with statements how does it happen ! 

I have harassment text with police report ( phone harassment report) 

I have my old evaluation and I’m doing a new one ! 

and I have good moral from friends and family ! 

my lawyer wanted me to see witnesses but I don’t have any ! Since we used to live alone in the state ! 

what els I can do please and what I have is enough? 

my rfe was prove of abuse that’s it 

any ideas family 

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello Family,

I’m an October 2018 VAWA filer, I went to the USCIS field office on Wednesday to request Emergency Advance Parole to attend my mother's burial ceremony in my home country.

The officer asked for all supporting documents, including the death certificate. I informed him that I had it in my car, and he allowed me to retrieve it. After returning with the certificate, he called his supervisor. She told me they needed a second verification outside of a government ID and required me to do fingerprinting and photo capturing in the office, which she completed for me.

After that, I went back to the initial officer, who informed me that he would expedite the I-131 I submitted in April. He asked me to write my home address on a piece of paper.

Additionally, USCIS told the Congressperson in March, 2024 that my VAWA case is still in the background check stage.

What do you think about my VAWA, family?

On 6/11/2024 at 4:38 AM, Demise said:

What's the arrangement you have right now? Do you alternate like a week with you, week with him? Or otherwise keep it close to 50/50 like lets say switch every 6ish months? In case like this I believe you'd answer no to Part 9, 17.g., and tick the box for "no" in Part 6 next to the child.

If they did RFE you then instead you can send them an amended N-400 correcting that and give them some proof that you are otherwise financially supporting the child while it's your time, and something to prove you came to this agreement, signed affidavit from the other parent is best or some signed coparenting plan but if he won't sign it then well, you have to give them secondary stuff like emails or texts (maybe affidavits from third parties, hell, affidavit from the kid) and hope for the best. Court order giving you 50/50 and no child support from either party would also work.

I'd definitely understand the confusion because on N-400 it asks "Are you providing support for this child" but that question is apparently asking solely about what a normal person would call child support.

Thank you for your comments !. I will look into it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Dear freind can I apply a FOIA request to get a complete supporting documents or any other relevant data showing that the person is a US citizen from social security administration how this process work need some guidance the matter is urgent.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.