1,338 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 6/2/2024 at 1:06 PM, balo101 said:

if you do not get in 60 days then contact your congress person. I had same issue once and my congress person was able to get me the receipts. 

Thanks 

On 6/4/2024 at 10:58 AM, Sandra G. said:

Ask your congress to inquire on your behalf.Usually USCIS answers the congressperson within 72 hours.

Hi Sandra ma’am!

USCIS said that the mail is missing per tracking so to file another application for a replacement card. I’m looking into filing another application as I need the EAD and will try to expedite with the congressman. However, I have question ma’am:

- Will USCIS close my current EAD case, the one which is missing? I ask because USPS said that there is a chance I might get the missing mail in 1-2 months?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
11 hours ago, Mahi Bansi said:

Hi Sandra ma’am!

USCIS said that the mail is missing per tracking so to file another application for a replacement card. I’m looking into filing another application as I need the EAD and will try to expedite with the congressman. However, I have question ma’am:

- Will USCIS close my current EAD case, the one which is missing? I ask because USPS said that there is a chance I might get the missing mail in 1-2 months?

Congress cannot expedite your application. You will need to file I-90 and say it was lost in the mail per post office. You will have to get fingerprinted again. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

41 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

Congress cannot expedite your application. You will need to file I-90 and say it was lost in the mail per post office. You will have to get fingerprinted again. 

Congress person can help to expedite. I just helped someone expedite AP application through congress person 2 weeks ago and it got approved in a week. 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, balo101 said:

Congress person can help to expedite. I just helped someone expedite AP application through congress person 2 weeks ago and it got approved in a week. 

Nope they can inquire about the case and USCIS will make a decision to move forward with petition or tell you it’s on hold. They cannot tell USCIS to expedite a case. 

17 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

Nope they can inquire about the case and USCIS will make a decision to move forward with petition or tell you it’s on hold. They cannot tell USCIS to expedite a case. 

Not gonna argue. But personally they have done it for me and like i said i helped someone to expedite through congressperson 2 weeks ago. Congressperson requested additional documents because asked for it like doctor's letter and note. 

Hey family I hope you guys doing well !

I’m going to respond to my rfe with my lawyer but I need help ! Since I lost hope in lawyer ! 

i have a pic of physical abuse with statements how does it happen ! 

I have harassment text with police report ( phone harassment report) 

I have my old evaluation and I’m doing a new one ! 

and I have good moral from friends and family ! 

my lawyer wanted me to see witnesses but I don’t have any ! Since we used to live alone in the state ! 

what els I can do please and what I have is enough? 

my rfe was prove of abuse that’s it 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Oboy oboy -- Sunday!  Time for our always-hilarious Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

======================================================

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS THAT PEOPLE ACTUALLY KEEP

Read less.

I want to gain weight.  Put on at least 30 pounds.

I will start buying lottery tickets at a luckier store.

Stop exercising -- waste of time.

Watch more TV.  I've been missing some good stuff.

Watch less TV on the small screen and buy a bigger one.

Gain enough weight to get on The Biggest Loser.

Watch more movie remakes.

Procrastinate more.

I will do less laundry and use more deodorant.

I will become a vegan for a day and learn that it was a missed steak.

Drink.

Drink some more.

Stop buying worthless junk on Ebay, because QVC has better specials.

Start being superstitious.

Spend more time at work.

Stop bringing lunch from home: I should eat out more.

Take up a new habit -- maybe smoking!

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Hi!

I need help.

under Vawa, I am going to apply N-400 but there is one question I don’t know how to provide the answer.

My child was living with me few years and now it is living with the father which abuser . There is not court orders for the child support to me or him. I was told during the interview, I needed to provide the child support duc or the letter from him. 

what should I do? 

Thank you ~

Timeline
29 minutes ago, K99 said:

Hi!

I need help.

under Vawa, I am going to apply N-400 but there is one question I don’t know how to provide the answer.

My child was living with me few years and now it is living with the father which abuser . There is not court orders for the child support to me or him. I was told during the interview, I needed to provide the child support duc or the letter from him. 

what should I do? 

Thank you ~

Hire an attorney and settle custody

Timeline
8 hours ago, K99 said:

He has the custody now, but I don’t pay him child support. Just when I had the custody he doesn’t pay child support.  

Just because the child is living with him does not mean he has legal custody. That is set in court by a judge and you agree to either sole or joint custody and child support payments. 

Without proof of custody and child support payments, N-400 will be denied based on lack of moral character. 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 6/2/2024 at 6:06 PM, MichaelHenry3 said:

Hello,

I am new here and hope I’ve come to the right forum. I got married two and a half years ago while on a visitor visa. We submitted the necessary applications, and I have since received my EAD, Social Security number, ID, and Advance Parole. We live together, and my spouse is the petitioner (she is older than I am). Everything was going well; we share the same culture, religion, and language. She advised me to sell my condo, car, and other possessions back home to start our life together here.

Suddenly, around Valentine's Day this year, her behavior changed drastically. She began to express hatred towards me, demanding I find a job after having previously told me not to work for almost a year. I had bought her a custom gold necklace for Valentine's Day, which she did not appreciate. Since then, she has called me derogatory names, sent me texts wishing I would die in my sleep, threatened to lock me out of the house, and even said she would harm me if I tried to enter.

Despite my efforts to make the relationship work, the situation escalated. Her siblings witnessed her verbally and physically abuse me, including threatening me with a knife. My priority was to calm her down and find a safe place to stay. Thankfully, her siblings offered me temporary shelter and advised against calling the police, assuring me she wouldn't act on her threats.

I am now experiencing trauma and PTSD, similar to what I witnessed in my parents' relationship. I have scheduled an appointment with a doctor for support. Our interview is approaching, but I don’t feel comfortable lying about our situation. Although our marriage was bona fide and I have ample evidence to prove it (bank statements, credit card records, insurance, utilities, photos, etc.), I am scared to be around her.

I am planning to hire an attorney this week and need to find a therapist who speaks my language. Do you think I have a case? Additionally, can I keep my EAD card since it has not expired? Without it, I won't be able to afford my own place due to the high cost of rent.

Thank you for any advice you can offer.

You still can use your work permit, if she doesn't withdraw forms I-485/I-864.

On 6/9/2024 at 11:27 PM, K99 said:

He has the custody now, but I don’t pay him child support. Just when I had the custody he doesn’t pay child support.  

What's the arrangement you have right now? Do you alternate like a week with you, week with him? Or otherwise keep it close to 50/50 like lets say switch every 6ish months? In case like this I believe you'd answer no to Part 9, 17.g., and tick the box for "no" in Part 6 next to the child.

If they did RFE you then instead you can send them an amended N-400 correcting that and give them some proof that you are otherwise financially supporting the child while it's your time, and something to prove you came to this agreement, signed affidavit from the other parent is best or some signed coparenting plan but if he won't sign it then well, you have to give them secondary stuff like emails or texts (maybe affidavits from third parties, hell, affidavit from the kid) and hope for the best. Court order giving you 50/50 and no child support from either party would also work.

I'd definitely understand the confusion because on N-400 it asks "Are you providing support for this child" but that question is apparently asking solely about what a normal person would call child support.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

On 6/10/2024 at 5:48 AM, Pinkrlion said:

Just because the child is living with him does not mean he has legal custody. That is set in court by a judge and you agree to either sole or joint custody and child support payments. 

Without proof of custody and child support payments, N-400 will be denied based on lack of moral character. 

Noted thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.