1,611 posts in this topic

@Sandra G.

Hello Sandra,

I have seen your name mentioned many times across different topics, and everyone says you are one of the best lawyers for VAWA petitions.

I would like to know if it’s possible for me to complete all the documents and then ask you to review my petition at the end. I really need your help and would be happy to pay for your services. I couldn’t find your last name to contact your office, so if this kind of service is available, I would appreciate it if you could share your contact information with me.

On 9/14/2024 at 9:51 PM, ridimic1 said:

hello. i just filed n400 90 DAYS before my 3 years mark. my question is this;  is there a possibility that i will get scheduled an interview before my3 year mark which will be in december 10th? or does the interview have to be after the 3 year mark?

It depends on what they want to do with you because there's 2 way about this: They can either swear you in the same day right after the interview, or they can send you to a mass ceremony where they'll swear you and a few dozens of others together.

In the first case it should be after the 3 year mark. In the second case it can be before, the ceremony should be after the 3 year mark.

Should they stray from this (like try to swear you in before the 3 year mark), you should push back and ask them to reschedule and if they still push ask for it in writing that the IO understands that you haven't hit the 3 year mark yet and chooses to naturalize you regardless.

There have been horror stories where they naturalized someone too early and then tried to claw it back later, even though you'd likely prevail in court (denaturalization has to come from an article III court, and they do have power over matters of citizenship so you could seek relief like changing the date on the certificate) it's just a massive pain in the rear to have to end up there because the OI can't count. You know, it's like that joke "What nobody wants but everyone wants to win? A lawsuit.".

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

This week (9/13), we honor the 30th anniversary of the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). This lifesaving legislation has transformed the lives of millions, providing refuge, support, and justice to survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking.

Thank you, President Joe Biden, for championing VAWA's passage and continued growth. Your unwavering commitment has:

- Protected countless women and children
- Established the National Domestic Violence Hotline
- Funded shelters and rape crisis centers
- Trained law enforcement and judiciary
- And critically, provided immigration protections for DV victims through VAWA self-petitions and U-visas, ensuring safety regardless of status

VAWA has saved lives, restored dignity, and brought hope. Let's celebrate this milestone and recommit to a world where everyone can live free from fear and violence.🙌

Edited by Sparkle✨

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
11 hours ago, Sara32 said:

Hi,

does anybody know if there is a good lawyer or paralegal who can help me double check forms while I completed all of them by myself and ready to submit my VAWA petition? I do not want any RFEs for this.

@Sandra G. is your best bet. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
16 hours ago, Demise said:

It depends on what they want to do with you because there's 2 way about this: They can either swear you in the same day right after the interview, or they can send you to a mass ceremony where they'll swear you and a few dozens of others together.

In the first case it should be after the 3 year mark. In the second case it can be before, the ceremony should be after the 3 year mark.

Should they stray from this (like try to swear you in before the 3 year mark), you should push back and ask them to reschedule and if they still push ask for it in writing that the IO understands that you haven't hit the 3 year mark yet and chooses to naturalize you regardless.

There have been horror stories where they naturalized someone too early and then tried to claw it back later, even though you'd likely prevail in court (denaturalization has to come from an article III court, and they do have power over matters of citizenship so you could seek relief like changing the date on the certificate) it's just a massive pain in the rear to have to end up there because the OI can't count. You know, it's like that joke "What nobody wants but everyone wants to win? A lawsuit.".

But even if the io swear somebody in before the 3 year mark this will not be considered the fault of the applicant he will be secure 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Today, we honor the 30th anniversary of the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). This lifesaving legislation has transformed the lives of millions, providing refuge, support, and justice to survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking.

Thank you, President Joe Biden, for championing VAWA's passage and continued growth. Your unwavering commitment has:

- Protected countless women and children
- Established the National Domestic Violence Hotline
- Funded shelters and rape crisis centers
- Trained law enforcement and judiciary
- And critically, provided immigration protections for DV victims through VAWA self-petitions and U-visas, ensuring safety regardless of status

VAWA has saved lives, restored dignity, and brought hope. Let's celebrate this milestone and recommit to a world where everyone can live free from fear and violence.🙌

Thank you golden words 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Sara32 said:

Hi,

does anybody know if there is a good lawyer or paralegal who can help me double check forms while I completed all of them by myself and ready to submit my VAWA petition? I do not want any RFEs for this.

Over here on this forum every one i

will help you please share your question one by one the member will answer you let’s hope for the best 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 9/13/2024 at 11:08 PM, Sara32 said:

Is it possible to transfer the priority date of a withdrawn i-130 to the i-360? If yes, what is the process? 
also, does anybody know if it is better to file i-360 concurrently with i-485 or wait for the i-360 to be approved and file for i-130?

Your I-130 priority date can't be transferred to your I-360. They will not remove you if your Vawa is denied. However, if you filed I-485 and the VAWA was denied then they will remove you. But if your case is strong then you shouldn't worry about it.

Timeline
On 9/14/2024 at 1:11 AM, Family said:

If you are the abused spouse of a US citizen, then priority date of I-130 is of no consequence to your case. 

If your spouse was an LPR , then PD of I-360 will automatically be assigned ( on approval) from the abusers I-130.

…but neither scenario skips or speeds up the usual processing time of the I-360.

You can file both I-360 /I-485 at same time if your abuser was a US citizen…no drawbacks, nor advantages…overall a good strategy.

You will never file another I-130..maybe a typo error…just an I-360

You wrote "You can file both I-360 /I-485 at same time if your abuser was a US citizen…no drawbacks, nor advantages…overall a good strategy." People won't be removed from the country if VAWA is denied. However, if I-485 is filed and VAWA is denied, they will be removed, so there's a drawback.

Timeline
On 9/9/2024 at 3:51 AM, J2020 said:

Hello everyone,

anyone got their GC in NYC? How long does it take to receive the actual green card in NYC? 

the wait is different from a state to another, someone in Cali said 30 days, but we wanna know how long it takes to receive the GC in hand in New York. 

thanks in advance 🤍

In all of my cases, USCIS took 14-16 months to schedule an interview in NYC.

33 minutes ago, Sandra G. said:

You wrote "You can file both I-360 /I-485 at same time if your abuser was a US citizen…no drawbacks, nor advantages…overall a good strategy." People won't be removed from the country if VAWA is denied. However, if I-485 is filed and VAWA is denied, they will be removed, so there's a drawback.

Thanks for chiming in…getting NTA is no picnic, but it would give one another chance to vawa cancellation of removal with the judge.

My online case status changed over a week ago to “New Card Is Being Produced” and my lawyer received C31 EAD this week but we did not receive approval notice. The online status update never changed to “Case Was Approved,” it went from “Card Is Being Produced” to “Card Was Mailed” to “Card Was Delivered.” It seems they didn’t print my approval notice or update it in their system. I hope this won’t delay the transfer of my case to NBC. Any ideas on how to go about this? @Sandra G. @Demise @balo101 @Pinkrlion

Filed Dec 2020

RFE May 2024 ( they sent a 5 page long RFE!)

RFE Response Received July 2024

Card Is Being Produced Sept 2024

C31 EAD Received Sept 2024

Approval Notice Not Received Yet…

I received about 4 Prima Facie between 2021 and May 2024. 

Edited by Princewill1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It is Wednesday, and here is our eagerly awaited Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

==============================================================

THOUGHTS FOR THE DAY

Threw out my back sleeping and tweaked my neck sneezing... I'm probably one strong fart away from complete paralysis.

Being popular on Facebook is like sitting at the "cool table" in the cafeteria of a mental hospital.

Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers:  If you do find one, what's your plan?

The older I get, the more I understand why roosters scream to start their day.

You know you're over 50 when you have "upstairs ibuprofen" and "downstairs ibuprofen."

When a kid says, "Daddy, I want Mommy," that's the kid version of "I'd like to speak to your supervisor."

Last night, the Internet stopped working, so I spent a few hours with my family.  They seem like good people.

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Good day, everyone. It's been a long time since I've been on here. I have a question. Where do we file our N- 400? Are we eligible to file online?

Edited by Islanderk
Correct a sentence

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.