1,650 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 8/7/2024 at 4:03 PM, J2020 said:

I’ll be here to help with vawa through consular processing and the IB1 visa process, feel free to tag or message me 🤍

Please share your full story with the other thus will motivate them 

Timeline
5 hours ago, DeeeHT said:

Thank you so much. I used a lawyer for my mandamus writ. I started filing and serving in May and got my VAWA approved in June. PD for i360 is 02/18/2020. We served DHS, DOJ, USCIS and the district attorney. I485 interview scheduled for August. 

How much the attorney charge you for mandamus writ 

Timeline

Dear freinds 

I gave a question that if you sponsor your son as minor and he got his green card Ie permanent green card can he apply for a US passport directly in the post office along with green card and the proof of his parent citizenship

6 hours ago, Braveheart123 said:

Please share your full story with the other thus will motivate them 

Yes after entry, I’ll share my full timeline and my consular interview experience. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It is Wednesday -- time for our Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FUNNY SHORT ONES

The bank says this is my final notice.  Isn't it great that they're not going to bother me any longer?

Now they're saying that cigarettes can cause rectal cancer.  I'll be OK, though -- I'm always careful to put them in my mouth.

"Coming soon to a cinema near you."  How do they know where I live?

I've been voted Employee Of The Month for the past 15 months.  Self-employment has its advantages!

When I walked into the store, the sign on the door said "Open."  Now I can't leave, because the sign on the door says "Closed."

When I was kidnapped as a young child, my parents sprang into action.  They rented out my room.

I'm not fat!  I'm just easy to see.

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 8/3/2024 at 12:16 AM, i-need-help-pls said:

Hello Family,

I submitted my application to USCIS VAWA center for advance parole and work authorization together in March 2024.

In April 2024, I received a receipt for the advance parole application, but I have not received a receipt for the work authorization application since then.

Could you please provide any advice on what steps I can take to address this issue?

Thank you for your assistance.

Call your congressperson to inquire on your behalf.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 8/8/2024 at 4:16 PM, Prince18 said:

Hello everyone,

I have been a silent reader from 2020 and My VAWA was just Approved on July 22, 2024. I filed concurrently: i360, i485, i765, and i131.

I got my 5 year work and travel permit C09 back in March 2024 and travel to my home country and back without any issue. Seeing that my Vawa was approved in July, I got a 2 year work permit C31. 

QUESTION 1: Seeing that my VAWA is now approved and I got a 2 year work permit, am I able to still use the C09 permit for traveling purposes? Or will it become invalid because of the Vawa approval? 

QUESTION 2:, I am in NY, any idea how long it will take for them to transfer my case to my local office and how long it will take for them to process it?

QUESTION 3: Am I still required to do an interview? How long will I be waiting before the interview or before I get my GC? 

Thank you for answering and I pray that God will open a Great door for his people to walk out of their immigration crisis with the victory!

1- If you AP is valid, you can use it at any time

2-It's taking NYC 14/18 months to schedule the interview

3-They might set up the interview or not. 

On 5/14/2024 at 12:00 PM, Demise said:

I-360 filed: 08/21/2018

I-360 RFE: 02/27/2020

I-360 RFE response sent: 05/21/2020

I-360 Approved: 11/10/2020

Motion to recalendar and change venue filed: 07/29/2022

Motion to recalendar and change venue approved: 08/30/2022

Here it got stuck due to a pending FOIA I had with EOIR, only learned that due to ICE attorney looking into what happened

Proceedings dismissed: 06/07/2023

I-485 filed: 06/17/2023

I-485 RFE for medical: 02/05/2024

I-485 RFE response sent: 02/26/2024

I-485 interview: 04/29/2024

I-485 approved: 05/10/2024

Green card in hand: TBD

First day of eligibility for N-400: 02/09/2027

You mentioned EOIR. Were you in deportation?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 8/12/2024 at 7:47 PM, J2020 said:

Hello family,

I just received my passport today and when I checked the visa it says “Upon endorsement serves as temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year”

I thought VAWA get a 10 year GC! is this just the validity of the visa itself, or is this gonna be the validity of my green card ?

Passport stamps are only valid for one year. When you get your GC it will be 10 year card. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 8/13/2024 at 4:08 AM, Braveheart123 said:

Dear freinds 

I gave a question that if you sponsor your son as minor and he got his green card Ie permanent green card can he apply for a US passport directly in the post office along with green card and the proof of his parent citizenship

If your son is over 18 then no. A minor under 18 applying for passport must be accompanied by a parent and permission from both parents to apply for passport. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

@Sandra G. please help!!:(

vawa approved feb 2024, rfe for medical received (pending i485 from 2020 w ex) April and responded. May 15th they received my medical and case is transferred from nbc to Tampa local field. Since then nothing:((

I’ve been waiting since 2020. Tried to do info pass and congressional inquiry and nothing. They kept saying it’s waiting to be processed by officer at the field office. 

Edited by Dreamer7

5 hours ago, Dreamer7 said:

@Sandra G. please help!!:(

vawa approved feb 2024, rfe for medical received (pending i485 from 2020 w ex) April and responded. May 15th they received my medical and case is transferred from nbc to Tampa local field. Since then nothing:((

I’ve been waiting since 2020. Tried to do info pass and congressional inquiry and nothing. They kept saying it’s waiting to be processed by officer at the field office. 

reach out to your senator. also call them again and tell them you need to make an info pass appointment to find out the status of your i-485. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.