1,561 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Priya25 said:

Its responsibility of your surgeon to let you know if need the shot or not if they say you dont need it they explain that in medical form that they send. I had my latest COVID booster shot in 2023 Dec and I received an RFE for medical in June 2024. My surgeon said I am good and do not need booster nor do I need any flu vaccine as its not flu season, I have not taken flu vaccine in last 3 years and Voila!! I got approved within 2 weeks . So as everyone is saying trust your surgeon as its their responsibility as well to explain. It's good to be informed but do not trust what everyone says. So dont worry and just wait for approval. :) 

Hi also it’s been 61 days since they received my medical still nothing. Do you recommend info pass or outside normal processing time erequest!? Thank you!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, Dreamer7 said:

Hi also it’s been 61 days since they received my medical still nothing. Do you recommend info pass or outside normal processing time erequest!? Thank you!

They have 120 days to respond

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 hours ago, Dreamer7 said:

From USCIS point of view is there a new regulation? For covid

The regulation comes from CDC.

Edited by TBoneTX
multiple replies deleted (computer glitch)

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

7 hours ago, Priya25 said:

Its responsibility of your surgeon to let you know if need the shot or not if they say you dont need it they explain that in medical form that they send. I had my latest COVID booster shot in 2023 Dec and I received an RFE for medical in June 2024. My surgeon said I am good and do not need booster nor do I need any flu vaccine as its not flu season, I have not taken flu vaccine in last 3 years and Voila!! I got approved within 2 weeks . So as everyone is saying trust your surgeon as its their responsibility as well to explain. It's good to be informed but do not trust what everyone says. So dont worry and just wait for approval. :) 

It’s cdc I guess I’m not vaccinated for Covid…. 

IMG_3791.png

IMG_3793.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Dear friends I got an RFE and 17. July is the last day to respond today I mailed them via USPS urgent mail. Is it better to upload the RFE response in my N-400 online account as well or only one method to submit the requisite RFE document is enough.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
4 hours ago, Dreamer7 said:

I’m not vaccinated for Covid

It's really too bad if a booster is required.  The current Covid strain brings symptoms like those of a mild cold.  Regardless, you have to follow whatever the rules are.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

10 hours ago, Braveheart123 said:

Dear friends I got an RFE and 17. July is the last day to respond today I mailed them via USPS urgent mail. Is it better to upload the RFE response in my N-400 online account as well or only one method to submit the requisite RFE document is enough.

I think its usually through online portal If filed online. But mail option will work as well

21 hours ago, Dreamer7 said:

If you really want to go that route then ask your congress(wo)man or senator to inquire on your behalf. VAWA privacy protections are what they are and the rank and file employees (Tier 1 and Tier 2 at the call center, whoever does infopass, and whoever handles ordinary requests) literally can't see anything about your application.

Now, you can in theory write to the VAWA team at VSC, but in all reality that place is a black hole, I've sent them an AR-11 and a letter explaining that I moved, this address is my safe mailing address, and to please re-send my I-360 approval notice and C31 EAD, wasn't until I asked my senator to ask them what's up where they finally found my letter and sent me my stuff.

So yeah, in theory they are meant to protect you, in all reality this is why "ask senator/congress(wo)man to ask USCIS" has become standard operating procedure here. USCIS has to respond to congress.

16 hours ago, Dreamer7 said:

CDC says 2023-2024 formula is recommended for the ones who got 2 doses previously….

I doubt they'd deny you since it's something out of your control. You go to a doctor and they give you the I-693 you should be able to accept the doctor's findings, similarly USCIS internal instructions say to accept the doctor's findings unless there's really glaring issues.

Worst case scenario they'll likely re-RFE or NOID you to get the updated shots. That being said, when I looked over my I-693 after submitting it I found some issues like some of the blanket waiver boxes not being checked (for example: I somehow got to this point without ever being vaccinated for chickenpox nor having gone through it, at the time there was only time for one dose, so take that dose, tick insufficient time interval). USCIS took them without any issue, though in my case all of my shots were up to date as much as they could be.

If you are completely paranoid - get the updated vaccine, get a new I-693, and send that in, include a letter explaining why you're sending in a second one and a copy of the RFE if you have it.

Also, if you are as cynical as I am - USCIS has no financial incentive in denying here. As of the last fee schedule changes I-485/I-765/I-131 for VAWAs are free.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Shroy123 said:

I think it’s usually through online portal If filed online. But mail option will work as well

So on online account we can submit a scan copy of the RFE 

27 minutes ago, Poupis said:

HELP needed!

I need a lawyer/attorney to attend interview with me - I’m in NJ

Do you guys have anyone to recommend?

I found one but he is charging $250 for consultation + $650 for coming to the interview. Is this a normal price range? 

thank you!

$ 650 is reasonable price. consultation fee is kind of expensive. 

1 hour ago, Poupis said:

Do we need to bring our taxes for interview?

I never got divorced because I'm scared to contact my ex, but I just realized my last tax was wrongly filled SINGLE by my accountant 

Is this a problem??? I'm so nervous

While I understand your fear of dealing with ex, in reality you don't have to contact your ex.

You have to hire a family lawyer and communicate with ex exclusively through lawyer. This is what they're paid for.

What's really scary is the fact you're still married to the person who can harm you. If you live in community property state like California, your ex may be opening new credit cards or getting big loans. And you'll be liable for those! That's a really scary part. Or if they get extra tax benefits by providing false information to IRS on your behalf.

You should really seek divorce, there's nothing good about being married to abuser.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.