1,629 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It's Wednesday -- time for our Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
JUST WONDERING

An old man was sitting on a bench at the mall.

A young man walked up to the bench and sat down.  He had spiked hair in all different colors:  green, red, orange, blue, yellow, and purple.  The old man just stared.

The young man said sarcastically, "What's the matter, old-timer?  Never done anything wild in your life?"

Without batting an eye, the old man replied, "I got drunk once and had sex with a parrot.  I was just wondering if you were my son."

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Hi guys i485 was on hold since dec 2020 and i360 was approved 3 months ago. Month ago I received medical rfe for my pending  i485 from nbc. I responded may 13, got an update on may 15th that they received and they are working on my case. Any similar experience? Is there going to be an interview or approval or any idea about time frame? Some people say if it’s nbc there would be a long wait. Please share your experiences 

9 minutes ago, Dreamer7 said:

Hi guys i485 was on hold since dec 2020 and i360 was approved 3 months ago. Month ago I received medical rfe for my pending  i485 from nbc. I responded may 13, got an update on may 15th that they received and they are working on my case. Any similar experience? Is there going to be an interview or approval or any idea about time frame? Some people say if it’s nbc there would be a long wait. Please share your experiences 

I do not think there would be an interview. However, i have seen people approved in between 1 to 3 months. So give it some time before you panic. It is just a week they received your medical so give them some time. 

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello family, I am October2018 VAWA filler.

Both applications for the renewal of Advance Parole and Work Authorization Permit were sent together in one envelope to USCIS Vermont Service Center, 38 River Road, Essex Junction, VT 05479 and were received by USCIS on April 26, 2024.

Today, I received the receipt notice for my Advance Parole application only, which included the case number.

However, I have not yet received the receipt notice for my work authorization application.

It’s this normal OR When do you think I will get the receipt for work authorization OR what do I need to do ?

Thank you for your assistance.

19 minutes ago, i-need-help-pls said:

Hello family, I am October2018 VAWA filler.

Both applications for the renewal of Advance Parole and Work Authorization Permit were sent together in one envelope to USCIS Vermont Service Center, 38 River Road, Essex Junction, VT 05479 and were received by USCIS on April 26, 2024.

Today, I received the receipt notice for my Advance Parole application only, which included the case number.

However, I have not yet received the receipt notice for my work authorization application.

It’s this normal OR When do you think I will get the receipt for work authorization OR what do I need to do ?

Thank you for your assistance.

just wait some time to see if you receive that. Technically you should get it both together. 

16 hours ago, winglesssparrow said:

Hey guys, I just wanted to ask that I got aos interview letter only date and location on it .what questions do they ask and do I need to bring with me a medical exam cuz i didn’t submit that before and medical exam approximately how much ? Thx 

In my interview, the officer did not ask much except for the yes or no questions. Plus, some of the marriage history with abuser. How we got married and how many people were invited. Or if I have ever spoken to the abuser after the last incident. They did not get into abuse at all. While I was going through everything that had happened in my head for the past month and was reliving it again and again. But they were actually quite nice and decent. They did not bring up the abuse at all. They did ask the marriage and divorce dates but nothing I would not feel comfortable to share with them. 
From my experience, I would suggest you to go over the application very very thoroughly and try to remember the dates as much as you can. Especially the dates of your residences. They asked me so many dates. Basically going over your I-485 applica
tion and anything that has changed in your life after that- be it employment, residence, marriage status, anything about parents. Just have a quick revision of what all has happened since you filed the application. Please make sure you have all the documents photocopied and their originals with you. Keep them organized so that it does not take much time to find them.
Please bring your I-693 medical in a sealed envelope if you have not already submitted with your application. It is very important. They will open it and go through it at the end of the interview.
Please keep us posted about your experience. Good luck!

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, magicmike said:

In my interview, the officer did not ask much except for the yes or no questions. Plus, some of the marriage history with abuser. How we got married and how many people were invited. Or if I have ever spoken to the abuser after the last incident. They did not get into abuse at all. While I was going through everything that had happened in my head for the past month and was reliving it again and again. But they were actually quite nice and decent. They did not bring up the abuse at all. They did ask the marriage and divorce dates but nothing I would not feel comfortable to share with them. 
From my experience, I would suggest you to go over the application very very thoroughly and try to remember the dates as much as you can. Especially the dates of your residences. They asked me so many dates. Basically going over your I-485 applica
tion and anything that has changed in your life after that- be it employment, residence, marriage status, anything about parents. Just have a quick revision of what all has happened since you filed the application. Please make sure you have all the documents photocopied and their originals with you. Keep them organized so that it does not take much time to find them.
Please bring your I-693 medical in a sealed envelope if you have not already submitted with your application. It is very important. They will open it and go through it at the end of the interview.
Please keep us posted about your experience. Good luck!

It will surely help me thank you ! I didn’t send I-693 but I got my vaccination record copy from first ds3025 something. I also did  Covid shot today . I called a surgeon about how much they said 400$ . So do I still need to take this I-693 ?  They didn’t ask interview letter about it but just in case I will do .

Edited by winglesssparrow

4 hours ago, Dreamer7 said:

That was quick, which office did you receive your rfe for medical from? mine got approved an year back still waiting. 

8 minutes ago, winglesssparrow said:

It will surely help me thank you ! I didn’t send I-693 but I got my vaccination record copy from first ds3025 something. I also did  Covid shot today . I called a surgeon about how much they said 400$ . So do I still need to take this I-693 ?  They didn’t ask interview letter about it but just in case I will do .

Yes you must take sealed I-693. If you do not it can unnecessarily trigger RFEs that may delay your case. Even if the officer does not ask for it just politely ask him if he needs to see your sealed medical records. Believe me it will save both of your time. The $400 I agree is a lot of money but in the end if you get your approval earlier, it will all be worth it.

On 5/7/2024 at 4:52 PM, penzi said:

Hello.

Has anyone responded to a medical RFE to the NBC lately? Can you share how long it took for USCIS to update that your RFE was received?

Hey have you heard anything? Received rfe from nbc and they received in2 days. It’s been 10 days and waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.